Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kstr

Come On England!

zarkyb said:

Bwahahahahaaha.... owned by the Portugese goalie... how humiliating can you get?

Helder Postiga scored a goal. And a kick from the mark during the shootout (although from what I hear it was a pretty weak goal)! That's pretty low for England right there.

Shit, we forgot to put up a "no americans allowed here" sign.

Hey, we Americans don't all suffer from ADD caused by watching too much dumb shit like basketball where the entire game is scoring.

More people should realize that more scoring /= more excitement.

Kid Airbag said:

Hey, we Americans don't all suffer from ADD caused by watching too much dumb shit like basketball where the entire game is scoring.

More people should realize that more scoring /= more excitement.

Personally I hate Basketball. Actually, I hate most of the sports played in America, and thinking about it the only sport I really like is hockey and you can't even play that where I live (missouri), damn.

Jonathan said:

Fuck it. Useless cunts.

Edit: Blah, Beckham wasn't the cause, the entire team was. Fact is, we played poorly for over 90 minutes, with just brief flashes of decency early on (when we scored), and in extra time. Sure, we were unlucky to lose Rooney, and to have the late goal disallowed. But still,if you realistically want to win big competitions, you have to play a hell of a lot better than we did tonight. We were the worse team on the day, and we deserved what we got, as bitter a pill as it might be to swallow.

Can agree we didn't play as well as we can do, but it was essentially an away game and England played it is as such. Why on earth UEFA throught they were doing sending a referee who is more used to marshalling games with a crowd of less than 1000 in the swiss league, fuck knows. We did do enough win (i.e. the small matter of putting the ball in the back of the net more than the opposition in 90mins) in a manner which is sometimes necessary to win competitions at any level. The ref bottled because he thought he missed a push which never happened. I hope he never gets a game at this level again.

Obviously, I'm supporting the Dutch team. Hup!

My predictions:

Tonight: France - Greece 2:0
Denmark - Chechz 0:3
Netherlands - Sweden 2:1

Half-finals

Netherlands - Portugal 3:2
Chechz - France 2:0

Finals

Netherlands - Chechz 3:2

YEAHHHHHH!! WE WON!!!!

Melfice said:

Personally I hate Basketball. Actually, I hate most of the sports played in America, and thinking about it the only sport I really like is hockey and you can't even play that where I live (missouri), damn.

I think Football (sorry, Soccer) is the universal sport since so many people and countries love to watch and play without the marketing hype.

Other sports live on since they just an interesting pastime that we get excited about once in a while (e.g. cricket - a game which defies logic IMHO, but seems to fit into the need of some background entertainment).

I think the real reason in the US why soccer is not popular as in the rest of the world is simply because the style of commentating sucks. Ever heard a free-header from an inswinging corner described by a US commentator? Its not possible to understand. Send John Motson over there to preach to the unwashed masses :).

If only England had passed the ball instead of hoofing it to owen at every opportunity. I'm dissapointed at going out to a shit team like Portugal but it's better than being pasted by France or the Chechz.

Szymanski said:

If only England had passed the ball instead of hoofing it to owen at every opportunity. I'm dissapointed at going out to a shit team like Portugal but it's better than being pasted by France or the Chechz.

I think I've seen some 3rd Division sides (League Two for next season) pass it around more than England did, although Holland did the same against Germany. The other problem for us is that neither Owen or Vassell is a good target man.

Zoost said:

Obviously, I'm supporting the Dutch team. Hup!

My predictions:

Tonight: France - Greece 2:0
Denmark - Chechz 0:3
Netherlands - Sweden 2:1

OOpps bad call :P

France - Greece 0:1 :P

DarkknightXC said:

Can agree we didn't play as well as we can do, but it was essentially an away game and England played it is as such. Why on earth UEFA throught they were doing sending a referee who is more used to marshalling games with a crowd of less than 1000 in the swiss league, fuck knows. We did do enough win (i.e. the small matter of putting the ball in the back of the net more than the opposition in 90mins) in a manner which is sometimes necessary to win competitions at any level. The ref bottled because he thought he missed a push which never happened. I hope he never gets a game at this level again.

True. Our defence was spot on throughout, apart from a few mistakes at the beginning and the end. I thought we played quite well, although we went limp towards the end. The choice of ref didn't really matter, as he would still have had to disallow the goal.

DarkknightXC said:

I think I've seen some 3rd Division sides (League Two for next season)

What a godawful name for the leagues. It almost sounds like the 1st division has broken away from the others, not to mention confusing and being a mouthful (can you imagine commentators and journalists using it just before team names?). I'll always refer to it as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions anyway (and hopefully so will everyone else).

What about those who still call them the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th divisions?

Anyway, why not rename them Premier, First, Alpha and Aleph, if the aim is to make them all sound equally good?

The choice of ref didn't really matter, as he would still have had to disallow the goal.

Can't agree with the last part. Why would another ref have to disallow a perfectly good goal?

Anyway, why not rename them Premier, First, Alpha and Aleph, if the aim is to make them all sound equally good? [/B]

Apparently they wanted to call it the league the world series since England and Wales are both involved (1st div have Cardiff, 2nd div have Wrexham and the 3rd div have Swansea) - works for Baseball doesn't it? :)

Kid Airbag said:

Did you see the NBA ratings this past year? Most Americans don't give a shit period about basketball, just the Kobe Bryant trial. But then again I'm a little jaded living in Boston, I'm not sure we even still have a team =\

Baseball is where it's at, maybe football and hockey to a lesser extent, but soccer is terrible =P

DarkknightXC said:

Can't agree with the last part. Why would another ref have to disallow a perfectly good goal?

Because it was scored against the hosts, at a time that would certainly have put them out.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAH WE BEAT SWEDEN! HAHAHAH NO MORE KRACKEBRÖT FOR YOU! WE'RE GOING TO WIN EURO 2004!!

The Swedish team was superior on the field. Giving Zlatan a chance to blow a penalty kick was simply asking for trouble, though.

Disorder said:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAH WE BEAT SWEDEN! HAHAHAH NO MORE KRACKEBRÖT FOR YOU! WE'RE GOING TO WIN EURO 2004!!

Fredrik said:

The Swedish team was superior on the field. Giving Zlatan a chance to blow a penalty kick was simply asking for trouble, though.

I think we played better, the Swedes had some better chances every now and then, but in the end we dominated the game, although by a small difference.

Spike said:

Yeah, 'soccer'. Footie. That which turns kids into outcasts.

If you said that to your average english youth you'd most probably be beaten up.

Disorder said:

I think we played better

You think so, but that's because you're biased.

Fredrik said:

Losing to Greece... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's because Thierry Henry is worthless scum.