Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Melfice

eMOTIVe (New A Perfect Circle album)

Reported by aperfectcircle.net:

The new album shall be entitled eMOTIVe, and it is set for a November 2nd release. According to a statement posted by Maynard on the official site today, it will feature both new & remixed material as well as covers such as Imagine (John Lennon), What's Goin' On (Marvin Gaye), and Let's Have A War (FEAR). Here is a song from eMOTIVe, a remix of Pet entitled Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums. It is accompanied by an animated video poking fun at the current presidency.

Maynard also reminds us that this year, every single vote counts: "Don't let yourself be tricked into thinking it does not. It is important for us all to engage this political system and to be conscious of who is being chosen to speak for us. If you choose not to be involved with decisions that affect your life on a daily basis, in our opinion, you forfeit your right to complain about it later. THINK FOR YOURSELF. QUESTION AUTHORITY. Hopefully you will choose to vote on November 2nd." To read his complete message, head to http://www.aperfectcircle.com

Heh, funny, I went to their website yesterday. Figures, a day too early.

Is Geordi White (Twiggy Ramirez from M. Manson) still with APC?

Spike said:

Is Geordi White (Twiggy Ramirez from M. Manson) still with APC?

Yeah, he's still with them.

I heard Maynard was leaving. He should quit the sinking ship which is APC and go back to Tool so they can make another album. Seriously, I think the worst thing APC did was lose Paz. Thats the only way I can explain why the first album was so awesome and the second one sounded like shitty Tool B-sides. Oh well.

EDIT: making something in RealPlayer format should be punishable by death.

They play this song on the radio a lot, though this is a more industrial sort of remix, but I was actually under the impression it was on 13th Step for some reason (which is weird because I listened to it on a drive to Chicago last weekend)... I guess they're starting to get repetitive; 13th Step was decent but it's really mellow and has a couple good songs interspiced with a lot of boring blah which is made worse compared to the first album. Maybe this one will be better... (though I, too, would prefer a new Tool CD instead)

I'm not sure what's going on with Maynard really. Last I knew (according to an article on either MTV news or Tool's newsletter), the rest of Tool was working on their next cd while producing the live dvd of their Lateralus tour (definite buy) which is possible since Maynard isn't the major contributer to Tool despite being the vocals. APC is also supposed to be working on a live dvd as well. And a music video for "Blue." I don't know, I think Maynard needs to figure out wtf he's doing. I like Tool just as much as APC if not a little better and would really like to see a new album.

god dammit...apc going political?

LOLZ BUSH IZ DUMB

way to go maynard

/the first half of 13th step was awsome...far far better than their first

Danarchy said:

And once more I shall ask: what the fuck ever happened to Tapeworm?

probably some stunt to get fans riled up

Danarchy said:

And once more I shall ask: what the fuck ever happened to Tapeworm?

I do believe Tapeworm died a lonely death.