Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > the BFG in DM
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:44. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

your thoughts on the BFG in Deathmatch...

Old Post 09-26-01 03:06 #
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

It gets annoying if you play with BFG whores, but if someone only grabs it once in a while, it's not so bad.

Old Post 09-26-01 03:23 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

yeah, i know what you mean...plus it helps to understand the cone effect

Old Post 09-26-01 03:36 #
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

I dont DM yet...

Old Post 09-26-01 04:08 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

It gets annoying if you play with BFG whores, but if someone only grabs it once in a while, it's not so bad.

/me slaps archvile64, it rulz all the way .....

Old Post 09-26-01 06:27 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

I don't play DM, but it doesn't bother me either...

Old Post 09-26-01 15:47 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomsick
no need for a title.

i don't like it because it sucks 2 ways:
1. takes to long to fire, leaving you open for anyone to blast you

2.some people can't live without it

just give me the double barrel........

Old Post 09-26-01 16:53 #
doomsick is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xenoman

Nah, I'll go for the plasma...

Old Post 09-26-01 18:11 #
Xenoman is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

Do us all a favor and explain this "cone effect" I thought that all it was that when it explodes, everything in your sight is affected by the blast. or is that it?

Old Post 09-26-01 19:33 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

Do us all a favor

speak for yourself, I think everybody here knows it 'cept you...but if I'm wrong and your not alone, check this out...

BFG FAQ

Old Post 09-26-01 21:55 #
Crendowing
I've lost my unbanned status....I couldn't be happier :P

Plasma rifle all the way baby!

Old Post 09-26-01 23:06 #
Crendowing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

dang, doomsick, those reasons sound totally dumb and pointless. This is what BFG is all about. start charging and aim at one point first, then give a large green blast shot to your guy.

1. takes too long to fire, leaving you open for anyone to blast you

True, it takes a little longer to reload than any other weapons, but try to imagine how much of its damage could do and all those fantastic unpredictable tricks. It's all worth it. Think about it again, sometimes SSG even has to take as much of time as BFG does. Twice as much than single-barrel shotgun. Well, it depends on what kind of situation you are under in. If in deathmatch on d5m1, for the smart dooomers would prefer to bump into the window and grab the BFG, but the disadvantage is the area is pretty much open and you would get shot with SSG by your enemy.

Old Post 09-27-01 04:13 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

Plasma rifle all the way baby!

Sometimes I would prefer to use it as for my BFG cells

Old Post 09-27-01 04:17 #
Xenoman

The plasma rifle can be more effective sometimes, it fires off it's cells so quickly, the BFG don't.

Old Post 09-27-01 05:27 #
Xenoman is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Yeah, most times you can kill someone with the Plasma Rifle in the same time it takes for the BFG to fire.

Old Post 09-27-01 15:35 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xenoman

The plasma rifle owns the BFG.

Old Post 09-27-01 16:03 #
Crendowing
I've lost my unbanned status....I couldn't be happier :P

Ditto.

Old Post 09-27-01 22:50 #
Crendowing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

The plasma rifle can be more effective sometimes, it fires off it's cells so quickly, the BFG don't.

Yeah, most times you can kill someone with the Plasma Rifle in the same time it takes for the BFG to fire.

Well, it depends on which map do you use them. If on map01, you may keep shooting plasma cells to prevent people invade into the plasma room through the hallway, but BFG could take more damage of its core effect. However, you'll need to speed up yourself first by using wallrunning and strafe50 when you are going through the hallway. That could get the opponent effected with BFG.

Old Post 09-28-01 00:57 #
Kid Airbag

Heh, speaking of the BFG, Deathwarrior is a BFG WHORE!!! :P

Old Post 09-28-01 01:31 #
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

deathzor is a bfg user too? umm, interesting, i'd like to experience him out sometime.

BUT BFG isn't whore

People always get confused with the true meaning of BFG lamer or BFG whore. The true meaning of

BFG LAMER = PEOPLE WHO WHINE ABOUT BFB /DON'T KNOW HOW TO DODGE BFG

Old Post 09-28-01 02:48 #
Xenoman

People usually try to make a good weapon into a lame one, just because they can't handle the damn thing when they're attacked by it.

Old Post 09-28-01 05:32 #
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

Hmm. I read the DOC. and now a lot becomes clear.... The BFG is QUITE a complicated weapon.

Old Post 09-28-01 12:32 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xenoman

It may be complicated but it's powerful as hell(jee jee).

Old Post 09-28-01 12:52 #
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

Hmm. I read the DOC. and now a lot becomes clear.... The BFG is QUITE a complicated weapon.

practice some more bfg tricks on map01 :)

People usually try to make a good weapon into a lame one. People usually try to make a good weapon into a lame one, just because they can't handle the damn thing when they're attacked by it.

It could be dodged really easily sometimes.

Old Post 09-29-01 02:50 #
doomsick
no need for a title.

/dang, doomsick, those reasons sound totally dumb and pointless./ This is what BFG is all about. start charging and aim at one point first, then give a large green blast shot to your guy.

1. takes too long to fire, leaving you open for anyone to blast you

True, it takes a little longer to reload than any other weapons, but try to imagine how much of its damage could do and all those fantastic unpredictable tricks. It's all worth it. Think about it again, sometimes SSG even has to take as much of time as BFG does. Twice as much than single-barrel shotgun. Well, it depends on what kind of situation you are under in. If in deathmatch on d5m1, for the smart dooomers would prefer to bump into the window and grab the BFG, but the disadvantage is the area is pretty much open and you would get shot with SSG by your enemy.

you bring up good points, but you should remember there are different styles of dm player. i just don't much care for the bfg. i'd rather hunt than just blast the green blob at people. and i do think it's slower than the ssg's reload...maybe it's just me.

Old Post 09-29-01 06:18 #
doomsick is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xenoman

and i do think it's slower than the ssg's reload...maybe it's just me.

I think they even themselves out.

Old Post 09-29-01 07:57 #
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

say hi to chewy. he IS the bfg whore. i only use it when other people do. i also can't stand people who only rely on plasma rifles.

the weapons i'm best at are the ssg and chaingun.

Old Post 09-29-01 09:11 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xenoman

Hey, I like the plasma rifle but if I can't get a grip on it, I'll just take my SSG and do my best.

Old Post 09-29-01 10:18 #
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

say hi to chewy. he IS the bfg whore. i only use it when other people do. i also can't stand people who only rely on plasma rifles.

the weapons i'm best at are the ssg and chaingun.

/me is going over to chewy's house and hand this msg to him :)

Ah HA, SO AM I, bfg lives 4eva

btw, speaking of plasma rifle, nah you people can't really rely on it too much, cuz chaingun could take advantage on plasma rifle when you need to aim at small points at narrow corners and edges

Old Post 09-29-01 14:32 #
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

real skill is using the chainsaw, which i have done many times before. i also do beserk+fist combo often.

Old Post 09-29-01 22:42 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote