Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Zelda: The Twilight Princess

Anyone else as pumped about this game as I am? Unlike the majority of the rest of the crap at E3 this year, this game looks amazing and is real-time :P

They say the game should roughly pull about 70-80 hours which is insane. However, for a Zelda expert I assume that it could be done in a significantly shorter amount of time. I believe Nintendo when they give statements like this however. Just look at what Nintendo promised Capcom would bring with RE4, and the game delivered everything.

Also, the overworld is supposed to be incredibly massive

I can make a game that takes 80 hours to complete.

import time
import pygame
from pygame.locals import *

def game():
    pygame.init()
    pygame.display.init()
    screen = pygame.display.set_mode((640, 480))
    for i in range(3600 * 80):
        print "Press a key"
        time.sleep(1.0)
        if not [e for e in pygame.event.get() if e.type == KEYDOWN]:
            print "You fail it!"
            return
    print "You win!"

game()

Ralphis said:

They say the game should roughly pull about 70-80 hours

So about 35-40 hours "normal people" time then...or 20-25 hours "zelda expert" time

which is insane

Not really. Hell, I've had games of space empires 4 easily reach 90-100 hours with the end not in sight

Zelda is a worn out series, I don't like them because they are all exactly the same! I'm not hyped up...at all, "You got the master sword.....again" *Link throws mastersword in pile of other masterswords*

Comiclez said:

Zelda is a worn out series, I don't like them because they are all exactly the same! I'm not hyped up...at all, "You got the master sword.....again" *Link throws mastersword in pile of other masterswords*

Hehe, nice Decline of Video Gaming reference there...

Ralphis said:

Anyone else as pumped about this game as I am?

I'm looking forward to it. It's one of the reasons why I bought I Gamecube earlier this year.

It's about time they gave the Zelda fans what they've wanted since Ocarina of Time - a game featuring adult Link, with none of that "Link-is-only-eight-years-old-but-still-manages-to-save-the-world" crap.

WildWeasel said:

It's about time they gave the Zelda fans what they've wanted since Ocarina of Time - a game featuring adult Link, with none of that "Link-is-only-eight-years-old-but-still-manages-to-save-the-world" crap.

Yea, shit on having anything to do with the rest of the series

Ralphis said:
Yea, shit on having anything to do with the rest of the series

The original and ALttP were (more or less) top down, eliminating the ability to accurately judge height, and in AoL Link was clearly not a young child. Although those games mention a coming of age it's uncertain how old that means, and there's no real determination of age until OoT with the child and adult versions of Link. So while there may be a number of reasons to say shit on having anything to do with what's already been done, the age factor isn't one of them.

It looks cool, I'll probably end up buying it when it's released. My favorite Zelda is actually TWW, even though most people hate it for whatever reason.

Comiclez said:

What happened to the GOOD times for zelda?
The first game : The legend of zelda[NES]
The third game : a link to the past[SNES]

windwaker was all puzzles, no action. YAWN.

And I am still playing the first game. Why the hell did they not put ZELDA III on the zelda's collectors edition disk. That is their second evil sin, the first one must have been ZELDA II.
That was the biggest decline in the zelda series.

I'm sick of hearing that malarky, Zelda II was a really good game. Arguably better than the first in fact. Zelda 1 is, in all honesty, a prettuy dull game. You spend half the game just shooting your candle at trees and planting bombs along side dozens of rock walls in hopes of finding the castle. Zelda 2 had it's share of pixel hunts (hidden city in the trees and the mirror quest) but was alot more intuitive than the first. People just aren't often a fan of the gameplay but that doesn't make it a bad game.

Actually my fav Zeldas are Zelda II and TWW. Ocarina of Time would have been great and all if I didn't stop playing when I didn't manage the water temple. Zelda III was fantastic back in the day, but it hasn't aged quite so well as Secret of Mana, FFVI and the other top SNES titles imo.

Really looking forward to the new title, though my girlfriend is probably going to hog my gamecube for a month when it comes out...

Yeah...Im not a big fan of the Zelda Series(I liked a link to the past),nor Final Fantasy.
Now the Tales Series was fucking great(Tales of Phantasia,Destiny,Symphonia)I like the real time combat feel.

Yea, Zelda is nothing at all like Final Fantasy and it's an action adventure game which is all real time combat

Ralphis said:

Yea, Zelda is nothing at all like Final Fantasy and it's an action adventure game which is all real time combat

Well i just got sick of the repetiveness of the game.