Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMer87

Back to the Future's Flux capacitor

I have visited many sites telling me how to build it, and that it's real. Quite strange, I think. I like the movie, but I never thought a Delorean at 88 in real life could possibly send you into the future (or past). And also, hoverboards. I wish they would sell those, but parents' groups don't want them being sold cuz someone died during product testing. Quite an interesting trilogy, due to all the rumours and stuff. Go out and buy yourself the trilogy on DVD. I did. It's fantabulous. I also want to buy a Delorean. Those were made in Belfast in 81-82. Maybe someday ill get my hands on one. Anyway, just pointing out that if you search on Google, it'll be preety cool what you find about the "flux capacitor" or "flow of stored time".

DooMer87 said:

I like the movie, but I never thought a Delorean at 88 in real life could possibly send you into the future (or past).

Time travel (to the future anyway) would involve speeds far greater than 88 mph i'm afraid.

There's a lot of things, like this, which seem theoretically feasible but are actually very difficult to execute, much less successfully.

http://www.futurehorizons.net/ is the site where i first discovered that flux capacitors may be truly real. Also, they've got plasma lightsabers!!!!! Oh my gosh diddly osh, lightsabers are real! They've got hoverboards as well. A time travel section. Many sweet things. "If you're going to time travel, why not do it in style" Doc Brown said that when he was showing Marty about the Delorean. Unfortunately, Brown gets shot by the Libyans and Marty's gotta, well, if you haven't seen the movie, i shouldn't ruin discovering the plot for you. Quite an interesting story. I'll post some other things if necessary in the future.

EDIT: "plasma sabers" cost $390 that's quie pricy, but look at the time travel stuff and it barely costs anything!

This reminds me of those little adverts they used to have in the backs of comic books, for things like X-ray glasses, telepathic helmets, etc.

Erm, you do realize that the "plasma light saber" is no different from plasma bulbs. Meaning it's just an illuminated tube essentially. It's not going to get very hot or cut through anything. The hovercraft is also pretty much the same as military hovercrafts in the sense that it uses a constant blast of air to keep the vehicle afloat. Not quite the same as a magneticically levitated vehicle (or whatever the boards in BttF2 "used). Probably pretty expensive to operate.

The tmie travel stuff is all schematics and books on theory.

I think you're letting your excitement and imagination carry you away.

Edit: Ah, I see the hoverboard section is just a schematic manual as well. Guess you have to supply the engine and parts. Could still be somewhat interesting for someone to build.

it's actually pronounced "jigawatt" in the movie by Emmett Brown. "Giga" or "Jiga" means a certain level of power or storage. Gigabytes, for example. You need a certain amount of Gigabytes to run DooM 3. Gigawatts is that equivalent, but in Electricity terms. It is trigered by a bolt of lightning, or, in BTTF's case, plutonium, and in BTTF2, regular garbage lying around thanks to MR. FUSION.

Woah...The Hummingbird Jet-Platform is the awesomest thing I've ever seen, and the stun guns and phasers in the "Space Age Weapondry" section are radical...

Heh. The "telepathic helmets" that featured in the comic ads I mentioned generally looked like bicycle helmets with a few random gizmos attached to them... and 'lo and behold, look what I just spotted in the psionics section of the Future Horizons site:

david_a said:

This reminds me of the time traveling machine in Napoleon Dynamite...

Yeah. me too i looked one up it looked like the one in napoleon dynamite

HM, whats that? What's this Napoleon Dynamite and why do people over qoute it

that stuff couldn't be completely real. You can't buy a lightsaber that cuts your neighbor in half. You can't buy a real time machine. Of COARSE im being sarcastic.