Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Corrupted Marine

MilkShape 3D... a safe buy???

hey guys, its the corrupted marine here.
im now exploring the many feature of doomsday.

i downloaded the trial version of MilkShape 3D...
works great and all.

but, is it actually safe to buy it???
has anyone here actually purchased MilkShape 3D???

sounds like a damn scam to me. what kind of moron would just stick 25 bucks into an envelope and mail it off to someone.

i mean its just kinda weird that this person doesnt accept money orders or checks. (if you send cash in the mail, you cannot get your money back. especially if the envelope was lost in the mail.)

sure, i would use a credit card, if i had one. but fact is, i dont, so i would have to send cash in the mail.

why would someone only accept CASH!!!??? it makes no sense. i mean sure, it has a few small fees with the bank and shit. but SO DOES CREDIT CARDS!!! WTF!!!

i just wanna know if this person will really send me the registration code.

btw, another very odd thing is that there is no contact information for this person on the milkshape homepage. i was going to email him this information, but, no email address could be found on this person... very odd...

Granted, we live in a technological age, but I remember when this was the accepted way of doing business in software.

I haven't registered it, I'm way past the trial, and MS3D _still_ works. It displays some odd message about running more than 2 minuites, I just ignore it.

MasterOFDeath said:

I haven't registered it, I'm way past the trial, and MS3D _still_ works. It displays some odd message about running more than 2 minuites, I just ignore it.

then you can't export HAAHAAH

Yes, I did reg ms3d at some point in 2000, i believe Linguica did too, then again i don't use milkshape anymore as I use blender now, MUCHMUCHMUCHMUCHMUCH better.

gargoylol said:

Yes, I did reg ms3d at some point in 2000, i believe Linguica did too, then again i don't use milkshape anymore as I use blender now, MUCHMUCHMUCHMUCHMUCH better.

I havent used my regged version in like a year.

I keep meaning to learn gmax or that free SoftImage XSI thing but I never do.

i just tried milkshape before seeing this thread (maybe a day or two ago) and I start modelling this thing, didnt do too much work, but just whatever, have a nice start, dum dee dum doo go to file, save, hmm what should the name...WTF!? it just crashed! :(

it makes me mad. because I thought for some crazy reason MilkShape was opensource. I dont know where I got the crazy idea, but I guess I was wrong.

don't use milkshape. use blender, or wings3d, or houdini apprentice. they should all be better modelers and allow you to get geometry out of the program for free.

Well, no shit-- the common practice is when you charge for a product, you should probably make something that's worth the amount of money you're charging.

ive been using the MS 3d for about 3 days now and it works great for me. however, when it comes to skinning, im going to have to register the program called UltimateUnwrap3D to unwrap my model for texturing.

i dunno.
i just dont know if im going to purchase milkshape now. guess ill just go for blender. since most of you have recomended it.

thanks!