Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Classic Win95 games

Do you guys know where I can get those classic win95 games? I'm looking for two:
one is called Hover, and the name of the other one I forgot but it's where you play the mouse and you have to trap the cats.

What are some other good ones?

i believe "hover" only was available on the windows 95 cd-rom. what was the floppy version of 95? something like 24 disk's. i remember reading the back of the box and it stated the extra's didnt come on the floppy version, only the cd-rom version. and you could go to microsoft's website with your key and download the extra's for free (like the game) i bought the cd version and have the game, and it runs on xp. back then i tried copying it directly to my hd but it wouldnt run, maybe someone ripped it by now.

Rodent's Revenge. I have the entire entertainment pack, but when I posted previously from work I couldn't remember what the game was called.

Oh man, I remember playing Rodent's Revenge. I first saw it at a computer show way back in the day and played it for a while there. Then my friend got it with his Packard Bell and I played it sometimes when I went to his house. We never had it with out copy of Win 3.2 though. Also, I think I remember that Hover game, It was pretty unique and kind of fun, but I mastered it pretty quickly IIRC.

Skeletor said:

one is called Hover,

http://www.duke.edu/~mfc5/HOVER.htm

Regen said:

i believe "hover" only was available on the windows 95 cd-rom. what was the floppy version of 95? something like 24 disk's. i remember reading the back of the box and it stated the extra's didnt come on the floppy version, only the cd-rom version. and you could go to microsoft's website with your key and download the extra's for free (like the game) i bought the cd version and have the game, and it runs on xp. back then i tried copying it directly to my hd but it wouldnt run, maybe someone ripped it by now.

Hover was only bundled with Windows 95C (aka the stupid "with Internet Explorer" edition), however before that, it was available for download on Happypuppy's site in 1995 (M$ gobbled the poor shareware developer up)

Yes! Hover was the game I was thinking of. It ran slow on whatever computer it was I had then. I wonder how well it runs now...

It runs fantastic (Hover) full screen hi res. as soon as i seen this thread i popped my win95 cd in and tried it out and it runs fine on xp. but i too could only dream of the system that could run it better than the smallest window size and resolution back then.

Heh. I remember Hover.
Looking at it again now for the first time in ages...

OMFG 3D FLOORS!!! :P

Bloodshedder said:

The mouse trapping one came with the Windows Entertainment Pack, along with a Nibbles clone, Fuji Golf, Life Genesis, and some other games.

Ah yes, BOWEP. I just tried to find a link to download it off of the internet, but I can't seem to find one. I could have swore I got it off of Microsoft. Strange.

gargoylol said:

Too bad it's not.

Well it would be funny if people thought so. You couldn't let me have fun implying total bullshit for even ten minutes?

Piezo said:

Ah yes, BOWEP. I just tried to find a link to download it off of the internet, but I can't seem to find one. I could have swore I got it off of Microsoft. Strange.

Well, it was sold as a commercial product, so if you got it from Microsoft you either bought it or it came with your PC.

I did a search on the internet and downloaded if for free somewhere. I guess they were hosting it illegally or something since I can't find it now.

Heh, Hover isn't as fun as I remember it. It still provided me with a couple hours of time killing though.

I thought it was a pretty advanced game for it's time lol, and the fact that microsoft bundled it with win95, far greater of -say a mind sweeper type game, let alone another card game. this is also during the era where i was yet to realise how smooth doom could run. running doom low-res (fullscreen but still choppy) i was in the same boat with Fury3 and DN3D on that comp.

Danarchy said:

Heh, Hover isn't as fun as I remember it. It still provided me with a couple hours of time killing though.

lol...yeah. We've become spoiled with 3d polygons.

I remember playing Hover for a few minutes.. and then I deleted it and never played it again. It's ugly, boring, and stupid.