Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

Pick Sides

Gokuma said:

ROFLMFAO. thats pure genius. how about that old NES game base-wars, robots playing baseball. if you make a play at any of the bases you have to fight 1 on 1 to determine whether your safe or out.

You people are insane. Football and baseball are probably the most boring sports in the world. I'd rather have The Amazing Incendiary Goat shove nails under my eyeballs than sit through an entire football game. Baseball isn't much better. If I wanted to watch people run around a dirt field, I'd just drive out to the county and tell a bunch of kids I buried a body in an empty lot.

DC

That's pretty funny but, you have to understand what's going on in order to enjoy something. And you obviously don't, no offense please, not my point here. You gotta appreciate the talent, these pros make it look so damn easy it isn't even funny.

Doom-Child said:

I always got picked last in phy-ed

Wow, some people enjoy watching and following professional sports as entertainment? What a crazy world we live in!

Quast said:

That, or the nl west just plain sucks. SD played sub-500 ball for 95% of the season and philly, ny, washington, florida, cleveland, oakland and milwaukee have to go home.

My opinion? Get rid of this bs 3 divisions per league and have the playoff bracket setup like the nfl. Have the two division leaders per league get a first round bye and the 4 wildcards (from either division) play best 3 out of 5 in the first round like it is. That way those teams wouldn't be punished for having a great season simply because of the division they play in.

Oh and more interleague games would be :)

That's an interesting concept, to have three wild cards and three division winners, but there's a couple of snags. The first is that you'll end up playing baseball well into November, and it gets damn cold in a lot of these northern cities around that time of year. I don't have a problem with it, but the players association just might. Also, the more playoff teams there are, the more cheapened a spot in the playoffs becomes. Right now, it's a really big deal in baseball if you make the postseason because only eight teams make it out of thirty, which is the smallest percentage of any of the major American professional sports leagues.

But no to more interleague games. I think it's alright in moderation, but the whole point of the World Series is to have the AL play the NL.

Plus those douchebags refuse to admit Cleveland is our "rival" and they keep letting Cinci play the Tribe every year just because they're in the same state.

*sigh*

Fine, go enjoy your sports. The only reason I pay attention anyway is to watch the injuries.

DC

Kid Airbag said:

That's an interesting concept, to have three wild cards and three division winners, but there's a couple of snags. The first is that you'll end up playing baseball well into November, and it gets damn cold in a lot of these northern cities around that time of year. I don't have a problem with it, but the players association just might.

No, 2 divisions per league...like it was before the realignment. And then 4 wild cards. Even still, it is only one extra playoff round and I'm certain the week it would consume could be squeezed into the regular season. You're probably right about the interleague games though.

/twins in '06

I dont know much about baseball being British and all but I'll say red sox because my flatmate and friend last year was from MA and we watched the momentus series together here in the nights on the internet.

But aside from that I'll go with what Will said because he's an expert.

BTW Will, Spurs 3rd in the table and without even a single win in September, how do you like that? I like it a LOT =D

I vote for walking in on the middle of a game with a flamethrower and dousing the crowd and both teams in hot, jellied fuel, because arguing over sports teams is silly.

pritch said:

But aside from that I'll go with what Will said because he's an expert.

Haha, what I said actually defies all conventional wisdom. It's pretty nuts to be rooting against six of the eight teams in the bracket, especially when I'm not even partial to any of the other two teams.

Anyway I think I've settled on wanting Houston to win it all, if only because Craig Biggio doesn't have a ring and he probably deserves one more than anyone in the game right now.

BTW Will, Spurs 3rd in the table and without even a single win in September, how do you like that? I like it a LOT =D

Oh I'm loving it, haven't you noticed my avatar on gginc? Some kids down the hall from me here have the Fox Soccer Channel, so I've been able to watch about three Spurs games so far, including that incredible game at Charlton a few days ago.

Submerge said:

I vote for walking in on the middle of a game with a flamethrower and dousing the crowd and both teams in hot, jellied fuel, because arguing over sports teams is silly.

Okay, I guess I could say the same thing about all of your hobbies/pastimes.

Kid Airbag hasn't been right ever since Balco Bonds left Pittsburgh, with his (Airbag's) anal virginity. Even living in the heart of baseball's greatest city couldn't cheer him up.

Dude it's supposed to be a secret that Barry raped me in the bum when I was like six.

Submerge said:

Gokuma said:

I second that.

Dr. Zin said:

Ditto.

Pff, fags.

Anyway yeah the Charlton game was immense. At 2-2 I somehow just knew they would get the winner, it's rare I get a feeling like that about Tottenham but that day I did, possibly remembering the result of that fixture last season: 2-4.

Yeah, it makes me proud to sport the Robbie Keane shirt when he does shit like that.

baronofhell said:

Those god damn pesky mother sucking Angels got us in a hole again!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good.

Seriously this postseason could not possibly have gone better so far, with the exception of San Diego (not surprisingly) dropping the first two games to the Cards.

I'm sticking by my desire for a Houston vs. Anaheim World Series, and it looks like it's got a decent chance of happening.

PS Hey gatewatcher how ya doing.

I can't wait to go back to Boston and rub this in everyone's face

You may actually get hit in the face if you do that, not today though, i'm sure a good majority of the population will be hung over until tomorrow.

PS, you like the Pirates...

gatewatcher said:

You may actually get hit in the face if you do that, not today though, i'm sure a good majority of the population will be hung over until tomorrow.

Like people in America's biggest college town wouldn't be hung over on a Saturday morning anyway.

PS, you like the Pirates...

Exactly. I take more shit than fans of any other team, so I think it's only fair that I get to heap it back onto other people for once.

Yeah, a Pirates fan giving it to a Red Sox fan, hah, remind me to lose sleep.

And you never told me where you're partying at by the way.