Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KwadDamyj

Bra ad

I got a bra pop-up/pop-in ad while trying to poke around Doomworld's SLIGE page. =^/

Post your horror stories of pop-ups, spam mail, and similar atrocities here.

Aw, I missed it, was it hot?!! But see, I told ya, Marv wants the girls to browse here too.

I barely see any ads, and certainly no popups since I placed the site on "Trusted Sites" but set that zone to High Security (except I allow downloads.) Plus Spybot's immunize already blanks out a bunch of ads.

Once I was watching From Dusk till Dawn on television. During one of the commerical breaks there was an ad for a vibrator called a "Pink Genie" or something. It was just like one of those Tell Sell/Homeshopping commercials. A group of women were talking to eachother about how great is was and the various settings: "as if having sex with 3 different guys."

Well excuse me, I watching a vampire movie here!

Anyways the movie and thus the commercial were broadcasted at night some I doubt any children saw it. Also I never saw the ad since.

I certainly don't see popups anymore (Firefox + Adblock) but when I was still using IE and had a bad spyware infection, I came to DW and accidentally went to the front page for some reason and a popup saying something like "middle-aged girls! meet them and fuck them!" and it showed a picture of this ugly fat 50 year old-looking chick naked and I just about said "NOW HONESTLY WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS I MEAN JESUS CHRIST JUST NO."

I eventually killed off that spyware. I was pretty badly infected.

What I hate is the endless cycle of pop-up ads, where the close box triggers another one. If I want commercials I'll watch TV thanks.
I never get anything cool like a bra ad. I get "punch Osama and win an XBOX 360!"

MacWadMaker said:

What I hate is the endless cycle of pop-up ads, where the close box triggers another one. If I want commercials I'll watch TV thanks.
I never get anything cool like a bra ad. I get "punch Osama and win an XBOX 360!"

Only after completing 10 billion offers that negate the FREE* aspect and result in MORE spam.

spank said:

I hit thin air and yet managed to kill Batman. I want my PSP!

Keep clicking. You can kill batman more than once. To bad you cant get a PSP each time.

myk said:

Aw, I missed it, was it hot?!! But see, I told ya, Marv wants the girls to browse here too.

I barely see any ads, and certainly no popups since I placed the site on "Trusted Sites" but set that zone to High Security (except I allow downloads.) Plus Spybot's immunize already blanks out a bunch of ads.

Sounds like WORK, to me. I just set my overall security to medium high, and enable spybot.

Scientist said:

Once I was watching From Dusk till Dawn on television. During one of the commerical breaks there was an ad for a vibrator called a "Pink Genie" or something. It was just like one of those Tell Sell/Homeshopping commercials. A group of women were talking to eachother about how great is was and the various settings: "as if having sex with 3 different guys."

Well excuse me, I watching a vampire movie here!

Anyways the movie and thus the commercial were broadcasted at night some I doubt any children saw it. Also I never saw the ad since.

Amazing. You must live outside the U.S., because I never seen more than a few adult phoneline ads and stiffy pill commercials on late night tv where i live. BUT denmakr has naked women selling OJ. :rolleyes:

Bashe said:

I certainly don't see popups anymore (Firefox + Adblock) but when I was still using IE and had a bad spyware infection, I came to DW and accidentally went to the front page for some reason and a popup saying something like "middle-aged girls! meet them and fuck them!" and it showed a picture of this ugly fat 50 year old-looking chick naked and I just about said "NOW HONESTLY WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS I MEAN JESUS CHRIST JUST NO."

I eventually killed off that spyware. I was pretty badly infected.

Fat chicks are meant to be liked, not LOVED. Bleh. :)

Good to hear you're not infected anymore, as well. Spyware sucks hairy goat balls, sometimes.

I was once on a site that is really full of spam (over 100k posts, at least half of them were in the spam section), and I saw an ad that said "FIGHT SPAM" in all caps. I found it hilarous and I still have a screenie of that somewhere...I'll post it later.

-_DLD_- said:

I was once on a site that is really full of spam (over 100k posts, at least half of them were in the spam section), and I saw an ad that said "FIGHT SPAM" in all caps. I found it hilarous and I still have a screenie of that somewhere...I'll post it later.

I'm amazed half the stuff in this forum isn't in the spam section, wherever that is. But that Fight spam thing is funny, but if only posted in one forum, and without repeating text......maybe it would be fighting spam be preaching awareness? But then, who isn't aware of spam....besides PC illiterates that is?

:)

P.S. Thanks for the frank and thoughtful reply, unlike Ninja of doom and Goat....you actully posted on topic and replied. :D Thanks a bunch, again.

There is no Spam section. DW is a strict forum, and bad spammers get Losered (I still post a lot, but I try to put proper thought into each and every post, and not post too much as to poison every thread by replying too much), so yeah.

Heh, I can be an ass sometimes, but that's only to people who I feel deserve it, and I usually have more paitence than most of the other people I know when it comes to this, so hopefully I'll be fine.

As for the screenie I promised, I found it.

-_DLD_- said:

There is no Spam section. DW is a strict forum, and bad spammers get Losered (I still post a lot, but I try to put proper thought into each and every post, and not post too much as to poison every thread by replying too much), so yeah.

-Good thing, putting thought before putting foot into mouth, but whenever I do that.....I forget what it was I was typing in the first place and get all confused. Heh.

Heh, I can be an ass sometimes, but that's only to people who I feel deserve it, and I usually have more paitence than most of the other people I know when it comes to this, so hopefully I'll be fine.

As for the screenie I promised, I found it.

Thanks for the screenshot, and good luck keeping place here. :) I've known stricter forums, this being not by far the worst......but it does cover one of my fave games, and as such is a good place to be.

I'm by no means knocking DW because of its strictness. I actually really like it here because of it, actually. It requires a good sense of humour and a lot of maturity to survive here long-term, which explains the super-solid core of vets here. Too bad many of them aren't around anymore. =(

-_DLD_- said:

I'm by no means knocking DW because of its strictness. I actually really like it here because of it, actually. It requires a good sense of humour and a lot of maturity to survive here long-term, which explains the super-solid core of vets here. Too bad many of them aren't around anymore. =(

I hope to be around awhile, and myabe become ONE of them, so kudos to both of us then. Anyways, what's with the title? Who'd you piss off? Lol. :D

Avenging Angel said:

I've known stricter forums, this being not by far the worst.

I would say Something Awful is the worst. People make catchphrases that the mods turn into bannable posts every day. I'm a member there, but I'm afraid to post.

exp(x) said:

Ugh, why don't both of you go crawl into a corner and die.

Nice to see the regulars such as yourself are "warming up" to us at last. ;)

P.S. I only say regular becuase you've stuck around for over a year. Not trying to give compliments or nothin'.

ultdoomer said:

I would say Something Awful is the worst. People make catchphrases that the mods turn into bannable posts every day. I'm a member there, but I'm afraid to post.

Yeah, that's what I said, as alot of places are worse.....like Newdoom in some ways. Not because of members or mods, but that Phoebus is a ***Censored*** ***Ditto*** for banning people for what he calls "spam", or anything he lists as spam, and the mods are afraid to let anything slide out of fear of losing their jobs.

I like Doomworld alot better than that site. I also love reading the funny closed comments in post hell and the like. Gives me a good laugh every time. ;)

insertwackynamehere said:

am I a super solid core member?
2+ years
2000+ posts
"Unwanted and Largely Ignored Member" title

Lol. More like a super solid barnacle(definition, plz, heh.), that hasn't really caused enough trouble to warrant a ban.....and a way cool & funny member to boot. Have fun posting friend.....I can call you friend, right? :)