Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

Nightmares

Anybody have any disturbing nightmares they've had in the past? Mine was when I was around 10 years old. In the dream, I'm laying in my bed in the middle of the night. Next to my bed, is a window, a big one(around 7 feet long) which sat about two feet above my bead. The blinds were open, and outside in the twilight, was a freaky looking human. Not a monster, but not exactly human, with a freaky looking face, kinda like Jason Voorhees' when he was a kid. It looked at me for a few seconds with a hungry look in his eyes, and then ran towards the front door. I heard the door open, and then an odd sound of footsteps coming down the hall towards my room. The light turned on in the hallway(my door was closed, I saw the light peaking through under the door) and then I woke up. This dream was a result of my being freaked out by a Friday the 13th: Jason goes to Manhattan scene. The part when they're in an alley in a car, and the child version of Jason suddenly appears in front of them. Might not sound to freaky, but it fucking scared the shit out of me. Ever since, I always have the blinds closed in ANY room I sleep in.

Nightmares... Yeah I have nightmares... Especially when I'm stressed and/or depressed. My mind is capable of producing the most horrible, ghastly things imaginable. In one, I found myself knee-deep in blood and guts, in a room with organic walls, filled with decomposing corpses. Then the corpses started to come alive. Sounds like somethin' straight outta Doom, I know. When I woke up, I was just scared shitless. Went back to bed, had another dream, this time about an insane asylum. The doctors there had performed sick experiments, but something went wrong killing both patients and doctors. And there I was, in an insane asylum surrounded by their bodies... Woke up again... It was like 3:00 in the morning, but I decided not to go back to bed, for fear of another nightmare. Believe me, got plenty more where that came from. It sucks, though... Once I get in a bad mood, I start having nightmares, which (a) means I don't sleep well and (b) causes me to be in an even worse mood when I wake up (everything I previously had to deal with plus coping with whatever horrifying visions I had the previous night). And so, of course, the cycle continues.

I had a pretty weird dream a couple nights ago where there was this insane paranoid guy with bloody spikes protruding from his back and head throwing shit at people, a room which got consumed by lava and fire, a ghost of a young boy which came at me when I was taking a bath in a dark room, and a wall of skulls which i tried to destroy with my mind. These days, dreams don't scare me that much. I do have weird hallucinations when I'm half-awake which freak me out though.

here's one I had when I was 13 that freaked me:

in my dream I was in bed. my house is near a city bus depot, and when they start them up they make wierd shrieking/roaring, gojira monster type sound. well in the dream I heard a bunch of them going off, the numbers increasing. they got louder and more in sync until it became one giant roar. I sat up in bed, which was right near the window, to see what the fuck was goin on, and out there, tearing up the elevated train station a few blocks away was a huge dragon thing. it saw me and started coming toward the house. I freaked and got out of bed only to fall into nothingness. I fell for a while and when I "hit the floor", I woke up screaming with a massive pain in my back.

I also had a recurring nightmare with a freddy kruger-type dream demon that would kill people I told about it.

I haven't had any nightmares in several years, but I've occasionally had a dream so weird that I would remain confused throughout the following day.

The freakiest dream I had was one in which this girl I liked died. When I woke up I thought the dream was real but fortunately she was on holiday. She was pretty popular so I was at apaulled how everybody continued along as if nothing had happened. Good thing I kept my mouth shut too.

If that doesn't count as a nightmare I had the usual wake up in your room, look out of the window, OMFG evil face watching me, wake up for real, shut the curtains style nightmare about a year ago... that's when I started getting my paralysed-upon-waking-syndrome thing !!! OMG connection!

man, I had this one dream where I was being chased by this maniac killer downtown. I ran into a large building and went upstairs. he followed. then I ran into a room and quickly locked the door. I was safe for now, but then he started busting the door open. there was a window in the room, so I jumped out of the two story building. when I landed, I started running like hell around the building. then I looked back and the killer was right on my trail! I remember thinking what the fuck? just as he grabbed me I woke up.

I got one, and it's Doom-related too. I THINK I posted this before, but I did a search on my posts and couldn't find it, unless it's hiding in someone's blog. Anyways...

After reading the Gamepro magazine years ago about Doom64 and Final Doom (and in hindsight I wish I had kept the thing) I had a dream that a Cyberdemon was out to get me. I was in a grocery store with my mother, going from aisle to aisle. I looked down one aisle and saw the Cyberdemon. Dunno what he was shopping for...or was he working a counter in the back, lol, I don't remember, anyways. I hurridly began to make for the exit, but I couldn't explain to my mother what was going on for some reason. So we were waiting at the checkout, when I look back and see the horns and half the head poking up from the aisles. Needless to say I got really nervous, and he got closer and closer, was up on me...and then I woke up.

The really funny thing? I'd never really seen the Cyberdemon, the only thing I had to go on was a picture of part of him in the table of contents page.

Some of my worst remembered nightmares involve nazis. The most disurbing I remember had visions of human expiriments. There was no indictation that it had anything to do with nazis, I guess it was because it reminded me of stuff done by Josef Mengele.

The most recent happened last a couple Sundays ago. I drempt that the nazis had risen again and managed to get into North America. Canada had been taken over, and I was roaming the streets of Hamilton, all paranoid knowing there were likely secret police everywhere.
-- I got up just as I had to go to work. I didn't really 'wake up' for another hour, so I was working while still in this dream state, suspicious of my own co-workers. Funny times, thinking back to it.

My latest nightmare was kinda eerie. I'm standing inside a bathroom, with the door almost shut, so I can observe if anyone has broken into my apartment. This bathroom is a fake because in reality I would be standing inside the wall that separates my place from one of my neighbors. The door to my room is open, and I see light suggesting dusk is moments away. No lamps are lit.

Suddenly the door connected to this "bathroom" disappear and I feel that I'm vulnerable to something. Out of nowhere, a shadowy figure walks quickly by me from my right(that would be the hall). I can't tell who it is, but the person disappears into thin air, reappearing lying down in the sofa, stands up and walks just as fast as before and it freaks me out. In a second, I'm lying in my bed(teleported perhaps). A thick blue color blurs the air and it's still dark. The door to my room is still wide open, and I spot this damn person again, walking quickly past the opening from my left(the living room). I get up and just when I think I'm gonna leave my room, the figure steps right in front of me. At first, I can't see who it is, because of the damn mystlike phenomenon. I freeze completly when I see that it's me, but instead of brown eyes, I have red devilish ones.

This copy of me is giving me a grin that indicates that I've done something bad. It's satisfied, with whatever it is that I have done. I have no idea what the f it's grinnin' about, and I'm having a friggin' staredown with myself. After a few seconds, I wake up. My first reaction to this mess was that I was confronted by my ego, and it sure as Hell liked me, which disgusted me a bit. Ego equals devil, perhaps?

One nightmare I had is when I was Link in OoT and I had no weapons (or the Kokiri Sword) and ReDeads wearing jeans wear coming at me and I couldn't beat them. I think I ended up getting "humped" to death.

I just had a montage of dreams and nightmares and the most prominent one I remember involved a clay version of the Borg.

Odd, yes?

Hear is one I love because it is bizarre.

I'm fully clothed in the shower, when meter long grey fingers come through the walls, I crouch on the floor shivering in terror as these fingers miss me miraculously (It's a tiny shower). Failing their quest the long skinny fingers tear the wall away easily and reveal a small evil face (its eyes look horrified and it's mouth is constantly working with rage, it has small needley teeth) attached to a very long, very thin body, if it were real it would be like; 12ft tall. You could probably snap its body pretty easily but I didn't.

As it gave a banshee shriek of terror I tore out of the bathroom and began sprinting down a long, dark corridor. For some reason the carpet forms hills I have to scale and I plummet down the last one to the feet of this obese pikachu thing with uge orange pouches for cheeks, it is a cartoon animal. He looks at me, screams 'DON'T WORRY! I CANNOT DIE! I CAN'T DIE!' While firing a colt at his face repeatedly and true to his word he survives.

Some pretty mundane crazy shit happens with me and the fat Pokemon... well it was a japanese animal so I'm assuming its a pokemon. I shall just assume he represents Idiocy.

Sometime later the invincible idiot screams like a bitch for for his country and flaps around for a bit. I'm like '[lol]But you can't die!' and the scary spindley thing wails through the wall and shreds Idiot to pieces with its fingers. Then it picks me up and screams into my face only this time their are loads of different sounding screams being emitted at once. As it screams it's terrified eyes are becoming consumed by growing pupils until the eyes are completely black and shiney.

I had that one a while back and I still smile when I remember the idiot being stupid. The afraid and angry face is the one I see in most nightmares but the body changes.

Bashe said:

One nightmare I had is when I was Link in OoT and I had no weapons (or the Kokiri Sword) and ReDeads wearing jeans wear coming at me and I couldn't beat them. I think I ended up getting "humped" to death.

Holy shit I had the same dream, only no jeans.

baronofhell said:
Friday the 13th: Jason goes to Manhattan scene. The part when they're in an alley in a car, and the child version of Jason suddenly appears in front of them. Might not sound to freaky, but it fucking scared the shit out of me. Ever since, I always have the blinds closed in ANY room I sleep in.

Yeah, my earliest clearly remembered nightmare was the night right after seeing Alien when I was about 10; not sure how the nightmare went but it was themed pretty much like the movie. I was scared of the dark back then anyway, and I'd turn the light off to run and jump into bed, fearing the things that might be slouching under my bed or roaming outside the windows. I think that night I feared a dark, bony and slimy alien would crawl out from under the bed.

If I was a monster, why would I live under a bed? It's cramped, you cant move, hard to get food (I wouldnt eat humans, I would steal their food though).

I still can remember seeing the movie jaws on tv, that night I was so scared to go to sleep.
The door did have to be open and the light on the hall had to be on.
I was so affraid to get eaten by an shark in my sleep, I hate you steven spielberg :)
I believe I was arround ten years old when I saw that movie, now I think its one of the best movies I ever seen.

One of my dreams was a combo of Myst + Mario + OMGWTF.

Me, my mum, and m'dad were all running across this weird boardwalk that just...Hovered a foot or two above a misty lake, and on either side of the lake was swampland. Anywho, the boardwalk would occasionally have square humps in it (the plank changed directions at 90 degree angles, if you will). All this time, sometimes gators would snip at our heels from the fog above the water. It was really, really strange.

And only sorta a nightmare, but one time when I was really young I dreamed that me and my parents were in a video store we would often pick up movies/games from. Mom gave me a small speech about how she was going to go away one day and never come back. If I had only known how close to reality that would turn out to be... =^(

Has anyone had the kind of dream like your falling down somewhere
and ur falling and when u wake up u feel as if u have "fallen" onto your bed?

I havent had those in a while.

Fredrik said:

I haven't had any nightmares in several years, but I've occasionally had a dream so weird that I would remain confused throughout the following day.

ditto.

Then again, what may have once been a nightmare to me isn't anymore. I've almost learned how to master my dreams. It's as if I know I'm dreaming and I know I have control over aspects of what is happening around me within it. That's why I sleep so late I guess. I never want to wake up and end whatever is happening despite how happy, scary, awesome it is

Fredrik said:

I do that all the time.

I had a nightmare which ended in the most horrible visage I could ever imagine. The worst part was that it didn't go away after I woke up; it just floated there, burned into my vision. Fortunately, it went away just as I reached the front door. I shall always remember that day as the one where I almost ran down the street screaming in my underwear.

Bucket said:

I had a nightmare which ended in the most horrible visage I could ever imagine. The worst part was that it didn't go away after I woke up; it just floated there, burned into my vision. Fortunately, it went away just as I reached the front door. I shall always remember that day as the one where I almost ran down the street screaming in my underwear.

Do u remember what happened in that dream?