Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Aruba doesn't deserve our time nor money

my state has recently started to "boycott" Aruba because of retarded actions taken by the Aruban and dutch government on the Holloway case. Rightly so- the dutch government has been as uncooperative as a government can get about this case- letting no one know what the hell has been discovered, all while pimping their law system, saying that it is the "dutch law system" as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Along with the residents of Aruba being the most dense arrogant assholes around- Who would want to go to a place that can't even scratch its ass without arresting someone, releasing them, arresting them again, etc. etc. ?

I'm glad this wasn't a serial murder case, it'd take decades.

Seriously, the FBI would have had this shit wrapped up in 2 weeks. Unacceptable behaviour, maybe cutting off 75 percent of their revenue will make them get off their asses.

Oh, I heard of Natalee, but not this bit of news involving the case. Kinda vague though, I'd like to know exactly how they didn't cooperate with the investigation.

baronofhell said:

Oh, I heard of Natalee, but not this bit of news involving the case. Kinda vague though, I'd like to know exactly how they didn't cooperate with the investigation.

Basically,refusing to tell holloway's parents who was responsible, and what they were doing. She almost went insane. I would too- having to cut through 500 metres of red tape just to find out where her daughter MIGHT be.

What the Hell? Who cares.

Actualy, it was kind of funny....during Hurrican Katrina there was some reporter from MSN that said "I'm live here in Aruba to report how Hurricane Katrina will effect the search here!". Okay, seriously...6 months since the dumb chick dissapeared...and you're still there trying to come up with any excuse you can to stay there? What are you, some kind of lazy, arrogant retard?

Ahem...anyway...

Danarchy said:

blah blah

kind of funny, you live in WASHINGTON! I knew the girl. Shut up. Dumb chick, my ass.

Maybe _I_ care. How is that?

That's right. before you go on saying she was stupid and all that- how do you know? the "suspects" couldn't tell a straight story! You have no idea what happened to her, nor what she did- and neither does the aruban government. Besides, even if they did, they wouldn't say anything because the JUDGES'S SON was a suspect!

Csonicgo said:

Seriously, the FBI would have had this shit wrapped up in 2 weeks. Unacceptable behaviour, maybe cutting off 75 percent of their revenue will make them get off their asses.

2 weeks? Bullshit. Either way, neither the FBI, or any US agency has any authority there so it doesn't matter. Besides, why in the fuck should they go all out trying to find her? Oh, that's right, missing white chick from the states, everyone should be looking for her. Do you really think the US would allow the Dutch to root around Alabama if this situation was reversed? Would the Dutch even care to do something like this?

Also, I find it a bit hard to believe that Alabama is the source of 75% of Arubian GDP.

Quast said:

2 weeks? Bullshit. Either way, neither the FBI, or any US agency has any authority there so it doesn't matter. Besides, why in the fuck should they go all out trying to find her? Oh, that's right, missing white chick from the states, everyone should be looking for her. Do you really think the US would allow the Dutch to root around Alabama if this situation was reversed? Would the Dutch even care to do something like this?

Also, I find it a bit hard to believe that Alabama is the source of 75% of Arubian GDP.

it's not- but _america_ is. anyway, the FBI statement was implying that if the case would have happened in the US.

Thanks for pointing out apathy- it's the main reason for all this shit.

Csonicgo said:
kind of funny, you live in WASHINGTON! I knew the girl. Shut up. Dumb chick, my ass.

Serves you well for not mentioning that you were talking about someone you know. To anyone else, this is nothing but sqabbling rednecks across the sea.

The boycott idea is an extremely blatant form of political extortion, and an executive pressure on a judicial issue. In any case, Alabama should have no say as to what to do about Aruba in this case, unless the (united) states are so independent they each act individually in regard to international policy.

Csonicgo said:

Thanks for pointing out apathy- it's the main reason for all this shit.

Well, get used to it. People go missing all the time. I'm not going to care any more based on the amount of tv coverage this gets or how blonde the missing chick of the month is.

Csonicgo said:

kind of funny, you live in WASHINGTON!

Okay, did you just fucking insult my state? Because no one fucking insults Washington, you dick. It's better than the backwoods, undereducated, poverty stricken hick state of Alabama. Die now.

I knew the girl. Shut up. Dumb chick, my ass.

Yeah, that's great to know now. Nice setup. That's like:

Guy1: Hey, did you hear some woman got stabbed in Central Park last night?
Guy2: Ell the stupid bitch shouldn't have been walking there at 2 AM.
Guy1: You bastard! That woman was my wife!! *PUMMEL*

Maybe _I_ care. How is that?

You know what, just settle down there, billy boy. You're getting way too emotional over this.

myk said:

unless the (united) states are so independent they each act individually in regard to international policy.

No, they can hardly enforce their own laws without being trumped at the federal level.

myk said:

Serves you well for not mentioning that you were talking about someone you know. To anyone else, this is nothing but sqabbling rednecks across the sea.

The boycott idea is an extremely blatant form of political extortion, and an executive pressure on a judicial issue. In any case, Alabama should have no say as to what to do about Aruba in this case, unless the (united) states are so independent they each act individually in regard to international policy.

I have to agree, but it's sad that the US would have to take such measures because of an unstructured, unorganised and possibly corrupt judicial system. The island's idle response to the mother's pleas of help and information about her daughter- it's just heartless.

that's why you hit them where it hurts- the wallet.

Danarchy said:

Okay, did you just fucking insult my state? Because no one fucking insults Washington, you dick. It's better than the backwoods, undereducated, poverty stricken hick state of Alabama. Die now.

lol, stereotypes! Go drink your coffee and shaddap already.

I set it that way to see who'd bite first with their true opinion on a case they really know nothing about.

Csonicgo said:

I have to agree, but it's sad that the US would have to take such measures because of an unstructured, unorganised and possibly corrupt judicial system. The island's idle response to the mother's pleas of help and information about her daughter- it's just heartless.

that's why you hit them where it hurts- the wallet.

translated: The USA should impse its will upon any nation that isn't doing something up to arbitrary standards that the USA set.

Csonicgo said:

lol, stereotypes! Go drink your coffee and shaddap already.

I set it that way to see who'd bite first with their true opinion on a case they really know nothing about.

Hey man, I can't drink coffee now that I've dropped caffeine. It makes me way the Hell to jittery. But I really miss coffee. Mint mochas, butterscotch frappes, orange lattes. ;_; I'll miss you all.

And you know what. Yes, I don't know much about this case. Buit no, I don't really care to know much about it. Like everyone said, This shit happens all the time. The family, her friend, and maybe her hometown have a right to care, but let's not make it a god damned national case.

TO be honest, I want it to die as much as you all do- It tears me everytime I hear about her and they slap her picture on the Television, in case you forgot her. Bastards. It's everywhere I look, charities, commercials, even ADS on the STREET saying "HELP SAVE NATALEE"! yeah, I want the case to end so I can finally get some sleep at night. and this might speed it up a bit.

Csonicgo said:

I don't care if you knew her or not, stupid is exactly how I would describe her actions. She put herself in a bad position, that's a fact. Now I'm not saying what happened to her wasn't wrong, it was, but this is the real world, this shit happens.

Csonicgo said:

where the hell have you been?

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2961

This is a good example of how saturated the media was with this particular story, and why Csonicgo has the Lord's blessing in criticizing you for not knowing. For shame.

yeah, sorry about being all pissy about this but this shows how prepared those little vacation spots are for crime...

gatewatcher: I wouldn't call it a blessing- but common, it was in international news. :P

Bloodshedder said:

I have never heard of this woman before in my life.

QFT

Thats not sarcasm either.

First of all:
Aruba has 95.000 inhabitants and is like 180 km². Though it's a part of the Netherlands it is a autonomous country.

I'm Dutch and this whole Holloway thing has been given lots of media attention over here as well.

I sorry Holloway has not been recovered but you can hardly blame Aruba nor the "dutch law system" for not trying hard enough.
As said Aruba it just a tiny country that is not used to stuff like this; It's know as a really nice and safe island.

Seriously, the FBI would have had this shit wrapped up in 2 weeks.

I'm sure agent Mulder and Scully would have solved this case within a half hour episode.
Seriously though, local authorities Dutch marines, hundreds of civilians and yes even American FBI-agents have search for the girl without result.
The Netherlands even used 3 F16s in the search for the girl.
I can assure you the actual use of a F16 by my country is a really huge thing. We didn't even use them in Kosovo. Come to think of it we never (and I do mean never) used them for anything except flying them over to the other side of the world to search for a blond 18 year old American girl!

Okay, so they can't find the girl. Truth is, if she really is dead and murdered she'll probably never be found. There are places on the island where you can dump a body in the water and the current will make sure you'll never see it again.

As much as I want to see this Natalie girl rescued alive, that's not gonna happen. I mean, how long has it been since she's been reported missing? For all we know, the guys who were with her last probably ground her up and ate her or raped her and dumped her body into the ocean where whatever carnivorous sea predator lurks around Aruba.

Yay, more missing/dying/dead persons for the media to ramble about. Terri Schiavo, Laci (sp?) Peterson, now this one.

I'm glad I don't watch the news. I have enough problems in my life that I simply don't have patience for these "international attention" pieces.

But knowing the media, they're going to milk this story for all it's worth. Just like Peterson and Schiavo before it.