Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

So I watched the entire Evangelion series...

Anyone seen the Evangelion anime music video of Rammstein's Engel? pretty sweet stuff considering I've never seen the anime before. (EDIT: look it up on Yahoo or Google video)
Are there any good animes that are based upon the whole huge clunky robots fighting with the big guns and all? I might give Evangelion a try and I've seen one episode of Gundam Wing, which was okay.

Hehe, It's not "Fry me to the moon"... It's "fly me to the moon"

I got the whole soundtrack (4cds I think) off Limeware. I just searched for Evengalion under audio files.

Speaking of the movie soundtrack... Come Sweet Death is great if only for the absurdity factor. You got a song that sounds upbeat, with incredibly depressing lyrics, and if you're seen the movie then you know what's going on when the song plays. Then again, maybe I'm just too easily amused.

That song took forever to find until I realized the real title was in German...

It's called Komm, Susser Tod if anybody else is looking for it.

I have that song on a 3-song mini-CD from the second movie that my family's Japanese exchange student gave me.

I dont get why people think anime is god's gift to creation when an even greater percentage of it is as cliche than holywood movies and tv.

That said, though looking back at it makes it kind of cliche, I enjoyed Evangelion a great deal. However it was probably because I liked how they spent half the series building likable charactors and spent the other half ripping their lives and sanity apart into tiny shreds. (But then again, I also enjoyed MGS2's story too, so go figure) The heavy abuse of chrsitian symbolism made it all the sweeter.

While I'd admit there aren't many anime cliches in NGE-- it actually spawned most of them-- I don't understand your second paragraph.

As I said in my original post, I wholeheartedly disagree that the characters were likeable. Maybe one or two characters piqued genuine interest in me, but only because the writers faked mystique by giving them so little screen time. And while the cast were witnesses to quite cathartic events, I can't be led to believe that a human being would cling so desperately to a fault to the point of threatening their well-being.

And let's talk about the symbolism. Wonderful storytelling mechanic, sure. "Attention. Your attention please. There are religious symbols abound. There's something religious going on." I doubt it was used as much more than to puff up the importance of whatever was taking place.

Scuba Steve said:

I just watched Fooly Cooly... what the hell just happened?

I just watched the first 3 episodes of Patlabor. The first 2 episodes were whatever. The 3rd episode didn't make any sense.

I seen Evangelion years ago when I was into anime. It was ok. For me anime was cool back in middle school and the first 2 years of high school.

I still think Fist of The North Star the moives and tv show is the beast anime out there. Berserk is good also.

Hello, bucket, you should watch Elfen Lied, kicks mayor evangelion abastract ass with its storytelling and character development.

Saw it already. Before I saw NGE, in fact. Maybe it spoiled me.
Thanks for bumping the thread, though. Helped a lot.

AlexMax said:

However it was probably because I liked how they spent half the series building likable charactors

Bullshit. The series made me hate almost everyone of the characters. They were all weak and flawed and most had hidden motives or bullshit that were obvious from the beginning.

Ralphis said:

Bullshit. The series made me hate almost everyone of the characters. They were all weak and flawed and most had hidden motives or bullshit that were obvious from the beginning.

Aren't we all flawed in some way?

Except me. I'm awesome.