Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Goriest/most disturbing scene in a movie

mallis said:

clip of Riki here (not safe for work, contains violence ++)

great movie

Heh, I want to see that now. Not really disturbing though, more like a comedy gore. The mangled hand bit is just funny.

The scene in Land of the Dead where some guy in a mall gets his faced pulled off over his head by a zombie. I know this is exaggerated but still, the thought of it happening to one's self is kind of sickening. D:

In Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.. when it shows Henry and Otis in a livingroom with a family bound and gagged while they torture them. The son walks in and Henry grabs him and breaks his neck in front of his parents, then kills them. The camera pans back and it's actually a video they made on a camcorder and they're watching it for entertainment.

Man Bites Dog.. the whole movie is pretty disturbing. When he kills the old woman and casually explains how. When he snuffs out the 5 year old kid is pretty bad too.

Nightmare Doom said:

Almost every gore scene in Lucio Fulci's films including the Eye piercing scene from "Zombi 2 Flesh Eaters"

I would have to agree. That eye piercing thing... god that was messed up. I knew it was coming, but the way they did it, gave me shivers. I don't like eye wounds.

Also, I remember watching Robocop as a kid and being totally astonished when:

- ED209 mangles the executive by mistake
- Murphy's right hand is shot off
- Murphy's entire right arm is shot off
- Murphy's head is shot through
- The rapist's genitalia is spotted and shot, through the woman's dress
- Emil Antonowsky gets messed up with the acid
- Emil Antonowsky is ran over and blows up (I think this was what inspired EKG mode in ROTT)
- Clarence Boddicker's entire larynx snaps out of his neck after Robocop stabs him there

And that was pretty much it.

Dawn of the dead when the old guy accidentially jams the chainsaw down the slutty girls shoulder.

Oh, and Kådisbellan (swedish movie, english title is slightly mistranslated into "The Slingshot" where a more exact translation would be "The condomslingshot") when Rolles brother trick Rolle to get his hand under the needle of the sowing machine and he puts the pedal to the metal. It's not really gory. But it hurt me so bad to see the needle jabbed into his finger, while he screamed on the top of his lungs.

I found the scene in Saw2 pretty disturbing when the lady put her hands in an opening, and on the sides of it were razor blades. So as she pulled them out she was just screaming.

zap610 said:

I found the scene in Saw2 pretty disturbing when the lady put her hands in an opening, and on the sides of it were razor blades. So as she pulled them out she was just screaming.

Amateur. What's so scary about that film?

It was not scary at all, it was just disturbing hearing someone scream in pain as sharp razor blades dug into her veins.

some parts of House of a thousand Corpses disturbed me. like the part where that guy is strapped to the wall and is having his face cut with a razor blade.

In the anime Perfect Blue, the main character disguises herself as a pizza delivery boy and goes to the apartment of the photographer who shot nude pictures of her. When he opens the door she drops the pizza on the floor, and when he bends to pick it up, she stabs him in the eye with an ice pick.

The way they emphasized the frames of the ice pick sinking into his eye by slowing them down and then doing a second-and-a-half freezeframe on the fully inserted pick made it particularly chilling.

He backpedals, screaming and splattering blood everywhere. She rushes him and stabs him in the groin. After chasing him through the apratment and stabbing him several more times, she takes him to the floor and begins gouging his face and neck, spraying blood on the walls and herself.

The view kept flashing from his bloodied, eyeless face to her stabbing and seething with animal anger. That and the music was like something from a nightmare. I dunno, I guess you have to see it to fully understand.

BlackFish said:

Devils rejects was worse than its predecessor (noted above)

Really? I only saw the ending of Devils rejects. I could'nt belive it When I heard that House of a Thousand Corpses was based on a true storie (I don't think they really caught the killers, though)

Megalyth said:

Perfect Blue

I heard Darren Aronofsky bought the rights to that film just so he could copy one of the scenes for Requiem for a Dream.

wow no wonder society is desensitized to violence.. and the nerve of people blaming video games.

but being a noobie im gonna go with when jules and vincent accidentally blow that guys brain out in the car in Pulp Fiction or when the android from alien gets his legs ripped off and his torso is leaking instenines and stuff.

I've seen a lot of gruesome stuff in movies, but what really stood out for me was the scene in The Jackal when Bruce WIllis blows off Jack Black's arm with an anti-tank machinegun.

Although in terms of gore, the goriest movie I've seen is probably still Event Horizon; there isn't really much that compares to it.

pilottobombadier said:

(...)the goriest movie I've seen is probably still Event Horizon; there isn't really much that compares to it.

All in all, this is a fucking sweet movie. If only the final scenes when Sam Neil goes havoc were a tad less Hollywoodish.
Still the best sci-fi movie, along with Alien, The Thing and Pitch Black... and maybe a few others.

The scene of the woman blowing her brains out in the back of a car in . . . the Texas Chainsaw Massacre? I just saw that scene so I'm not entirely sure what movie it was.
Jeff Goldblum in the end of the movie The Fly.
The movie Dead Alive. It wasn't really disturbing, though.

Danarchy said:
I heard Darren Aronofsky bought the rights to that film just so he could copy one of the scenes for Requiem for a Dream.

That must be the scene when she's in the bathtub and does an underwater scream.
I always thought he just ripped it off. Now I know better heh.

Yeah, that's the one.

There's also a scene where the main character sees Jennifer Connelly's character at the end of a pier. Almost the exact same scene takes place in Dark City made like 4 years before it (including it being Jennifer Connelly). It may look like some kind of homage, but it was actualy entirely coincidental (Aronofsky hadn't even seen Dark City before).

Now back to your irregularly scheduled thread...

yeah that zombie flesh eaters one is pretty bad, you just know that her face and the splintery window frame are going to meet for ages before it takes place.

it's the same sort of disturbing-inevitability that gets me most times i think, like the end of the knife fight in saving private ryan. or suffocation and drowning in general.

for more general gore fun you should see "cannibal holocoust" lost of gore and guts, inc a girl impaled on a spike, and you can see that blair witch basically ripped it off (people go into jungle to investigate a tribe of cannibals and this is their video footage)

as for event horizon i love that film and own it on two formats. but the gore/hell scenese really piss me off. i just dont think they got it right, and that it was unnessasery (or however you speel that). i reckon someone should edit it out and up the psychology level, aim for more "the shining" than "hellraiser"... but that's just my opinion and i have a kubrick hard on

The Cell had some pretty messed up scenes, especially the one where a giant machine comes down and cuts up a horse into tiny slices and then seperates each one so you can see inside of it.

One of the goriest scenes I can recall in a movie comes fron the first Robocop. The scene in the abandoned warehouse where the "human" robocop is killed.

I remember watching most of Event Horizon on TV. Great movie, wouldn't mind seeing it entirely.

Still, the goriest scene I can think of at the moment is the Lawnmower scene in Braindead, as Graf pointed out earlier.

redmage125 said:

Really? I only saw the ending of Devils rejects. I could'nt belive it When I heard that House of a Thousand Corpses was based on a true storie (I don't think they really caught the killers, though)

basis for HoaTC was really texas chainsaw massacre and natural born killers, even though rob would never cop to that. either way, TCM and NBK were based on real serial killers, mass murderers, and runners amok, like ed gein, the manson family, and the barrow gang. there are other gangs, families, and solo guys that are inspirations for these movies, but it's been a while since I researched this subject for a class and can't remember them all of the top of my head.

redmage125 said:

ROFL... no they sure haven't, good luck to them

I find it funny that people still think that TCM was real because of the tag line "Inspired by a true story"...

I would have to say the abortion scene in "Dumplings". After they put the very bloody aborted fetus into a glass bowl (with the scene shot from below the bowl looking up)...they then proceed to eat it, ftw.

The Hitcher w/ Rutger Hauer.

I had not been driving too long when that movie came out and it gave me the willies for weeks.

Not so much from the gore (although its there) but because what can you do about crazy people in real-life situations.

Still gives me the willys...