Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodeImp

Bloodmasters preview videos

Some of you know, some do not. Some of you have played a game or two with an alpha version already, some have not. Bloodmasters is the game I am currently working on and here are 2 recent preview videos to waste your bandwidth on.

The first video (24 MB) shows the first few weapons I have made and the teleports. This video has sounds effects (of which some are still borrowed material) and one of the music tracks from the game.

Shortly after this I have added lighting effects on the weapon projectiles and created the Static powerup. This second video (6 MB) has no sound though (I couldn't be bothered). Note the standing player (doing nothing) who has picked up the Static powerup which electrocutes all players that come nearby.

In the rare case that you might be interested; More will be posted later on the temporary website and the development weblog.

Yes, many resources are still borrowed from other games, including Doom :) Will all change before its release.

Hehe, Quake and Quake 2 sounds.
Will it work for some other OSs than Windows?

The client will be for windows only. However, there will be a dedicated version for both windows and linux.

I like the look of it, I've been wanting a isometric/2.5d engine to mod for a while now.

Reminds me of Smash TV or those overhead scenes in Super Contra.

Good job, liking the screenshots.

What's the story behind this? Looks doomy at the moment, but then again, you did state that you were borrowing resources.

(dont pull a sonic 3d please : D!)

Aleaver said:

Kinda reminds me of a game called Threat..Anyone ever play that?

Ya I remember that, used to have a shareware version and it was pretty cool. Games like that which had LOS implemented were quite rare back then. And it was damn bloody too :)

Sexy vids.

So this is why Doombuilder hasn't been worked on.

squee n stuff

Thanks for the comments :D

Bank said:

What's the story behind this?

We don't have a story. It's just a multiplayer game: join, shut up and play :) Will have lots of team game types like TDM, CTF, Last Man Standing, etc.

timeline, but I was the lucky few well aware of the project. =P

Like I've said before (but I don't think Codeimp caught it), Bloodmasters reminds me a lot like Take No Prisoners by Raven. Kickass multiplayer game which my I enjoyed playing with my brother years ago.

deathz0r said:

timeline, but I was the lucky few well aware of the project. =P

Like I've said before (but I don't think Codeimp caught it), Bloodmasters reminds me a lot like Take No Prisoners by Raven. Kickass multiplayer game which my I enjoyed playing with my brother years ago.

Anything like the unwieldy Mageslayer that they made as well?

Take No Prisoners is more like the classic GTAs, only in a post apocalyptic setting and better.

Uhh what? It has nothing to do with GTA whatsoever.

It's more like Chaos Engine with a story-driven plot (in a way that's similar to System Shock, using logs and computer consoles), somewhat non-linear progression and a large selection of enemies, weapons and inventory items.

Never played it in multi, but the single player campaign made it one of the few games that I've beaten twice, one time right after another.

Bank said:

Anything like the unwieldy Mageslayer that they made as well?

If I remember correctly, Mageslayer didn't have decent mouse control. For Bloodmasters, imagine Soldat-like mouse control, now make it top down isometric. Or, if you've ever had the unfortuniate luck of playing Counterstrike 2D, imagine that, but good.

Codeimp, you will be releasing the source to this, correct?

AlexMax said:

Codeimp, you will be releasing the source to this, correct?

Oh? When did I say so? :P I'm not sure yet :)

I stumbled across a thread on this on either flipcode/devmaster or gamedev.net a few months back when I was doing some research for work. Probably flipcode, because I remember it having a picture of the day.

Awesome game; I wish the servers were open.

Ah well, at least we still have the stress test tomorrow...