Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Your game ideas

What if you started a video game company on your own and decided to make a computer game title? here's mine for example

Into the Void

Story of the Game: You are a Sole Surivior (who happens to be a Female American Indian in order to avoid male character cliches dominating the "Last human on Earth" genre...) who awakens in a world (all humans of the world are all either dead or mysteriously disspapeared with no trace leaving only
weapons/ammo/buildings/ect behind with
no exceptions...lets say that the game heavly revolves around the Sophilsit philophsy and the game has a cold lonely no man atmisphere) where the Apoclypse has already occured and is overrun by other dimensional/magickal monsters. Your goal is to surivie and kill off any threat that comes in your way....Including the Source of the Invansion...

any other ideas?

AndrewB said:

I'd give my ideas but this is me in a discussion about modern computer games:

It'd be kinda funny if that really happened, imagine AndrewB smashing his face to oblivion and stuff. :(

Anyway, don't get me started on what I'd do for a game because I have too many ideas as it is.

I'd like to make an RPG where 95% of it is humorous instead of serious. I'm really tired of these over dramatic RPGs that do the same thing over and over. I'd also make it so there's a linear mode (for those who just want the main point of the game), and a non-linear mode where the whole game is open right away. I have lots of ideas for the non-linear mode. There would be eight characters the player could use on their team in the linear mode, and the player could pick one as their starting character for the non-linear mode. Once the player picks one, they'll start at their hometown. This mode will let the player find out things about the characters that was not relevent in the linear mode.

This RPG would also feature destructable environments that stay damaged (unless they get repaired, which happens in the cities). Some enemies can only be killed by taking advantage of this.

Nightmare Doom said:

any other ideas?

How about a game where you take control of a female American Indian and you fight off against the source of invasion...Europeans!

Skeletor said:

How about a game where you take control of a female American Indian and you fight off against the source of invasion...Europeans!

Turn it into an educational game similar to Oregon Trail, only starring Sacagawea instead, and I'm sold!

Alternatively, make it into an FPS where the single player storyline surrounds the Native Americans attempts at fighting off the Europeans, and the multiplayer a clone of CS/BF1942 with one side as the invading Europeans and the other the Native Americans. Special abilities might include disease ridden blankets handed out by the British.

It would be along the lines of Bionic Commando as far as having a grappling hook goes.

The story would involve something to the effect that the 3rd world nations, rise up against the opressive white controlled 1st and 2nd world and enslave the whites, put them into caucasion reservations and the like, keep them as pets and put them in zoos, you name it, the white man gets exploited just like he did the world.
But then an avatar is born in this future age who comes to bring the wisdom of balance and understanding, but unfortunatly the world is not willing to listen as it has become to fast paced and distracted by trivial things as well as the persuit of Kapital, not unlike his old white master....

...So this avatar must move to more drastic mesures and go ape shit.

The game will end by the remaing few peacing out and freeling the caucasions, but then a new world will emrege will race is not the issue, but what you have, who you know, and what or who you own is important...

...hence a sequal, which I'll have to smoke another to come up with.

A Deus Ex-style action RPG, with more emphasis on the RPG elements, and no HUD elements whatsoever (though there are ammo counters on all the weapons, and the screen flashes red when you're low on health a la Call of Duty 2). There would also be some more modern touches like iron-sight aiming.

The plot would involve an expansive space colony (approximately the size of the entire game of Morrowind, plus expansions) and the usual array of conspiracies, supernatural villains (a la Metal Gear Solid) and possibly a Resident Evil style zombie virus.

But of course all that would be optional for the most part - while you'd still have to fight off the extremists and zombies, you wouldn't necessarily have to get to the bottom of them. You could just roam around the colony and find extra stuff to do, just like Morrowind. And your skills would range from firearms, to melee weapons, to chemistry and physics, mechanics (build and maintain guns and other devices), computers (hack, repair, and modify electronic devices), and the fine art of persuasion (which would be the most difficult, but also the most lucrative in terms of experience and quest rewards).

An Interstate '76 remake with every car ever, every plane, every motorcycle, gun, etc. Obviously the project sounds extremely ambitious but it can be done over time. I think what would have to happen is that the game be released without every single one of these things and it financially function like a modern RPG. The main focus would be gameplay, then realism. It would look as realistic as possible, and this obviously means that it wouldn't run very well on modern hardware.
***Piezo crosses his fingers for nanotechnology.

Squad based ninja assassination game? Or a game based around Ninja Scroll.

Geez, I've got a bunch of game ideas. Some are fucked up, some are weird, but the rest are too wild to imagine. Oh and lengthy too. But here's one I thought up a while back while I was talking to my dad about how fast new homes were being built around where i live:

Ok, so people are building and expanding their cities at an alarming rate, the animals are scared, but one of them rises up and says they have to take their homes back, so basically, you're a mountain lion who has to gather up arms and train the other animals and has to kick out the humans before all of their homes are taken away.

The key to this game is ambush and sneak attacks. Think of it as setting up traps like in Far Cry, except you'd be able to set up very elaborate stuff. Rushing/charging at the enemy with insane amounts of soldiers would be suicidal(because the people would just mow you and your animal buddies down in a hail of gunfire).

Has there been anything like this before? I'll try to get some more ideas up.

See if I can remember a few of mine.

ok, 2d mmog, possibly mmorpg. The map would be like 6 times the size of a recent castlevania map.

pacman world. Not the cruddy pacman worlds there are now, which are really just pacman levels, but a gigantic pacman world, where you travel around and just pick up pellets. There could be neat 3d stuff and there could be different areas like hilltop zone, aquatic ruin zone, etc, or it could be just a bland maze, doesn't matter.

3d Sonic MMO. One gigantic world with no load times, like WoW, and wowlike artistry. The whole point is collecting rings. That's it. Nono, there's no big point to it. You just get rings. Go for a high score, you know? Perhaps there would be some pvp. Definitely there would be permanent death, where if you die you have to start all over again. You could keep your name and what your character looks like, but all your progress is gone. There would probably be a CRAPload of secrets. Like some reaaly ridiculous secrets and some secrets that probably everybody finds. And there could be some secret point emblems. You know, like at the end of every sonic 1 level, where if you jump at the right time over the spinner, you little symbols pop up behind you with numbered points on em. They would stay there for a few minutes, then dissappear til the next guy finds em.

I would make a sandbox game with zombies, sorta like the game Dead Rush that Activision announced 2 years ago at E3 and cancled a day later. It would have been made by the guys who made Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man, which are both kick-ass games...

A cross between Mercenaries, Metal Gear solid 3 and Deus Ex. I did have a Loooooooooong post about how a game like this works, but I got a little carried away and went into way too much detail. Needless to say, I've given it a lot of thought.

An MGS fangame where you are someone besides Snake, but you can change forms at will into Liquid for all-out Max Payne action, Big Boss for snipery goodness, Solidus for a more gadget-based, Splinter Cell style stealth, or the Ninja for...ninja stuff.

I call it "Metal Gear Plasma" and it's ALL MINE HAHA FUCKERS MINE DAMMIT OH WAIT I HAVE NO CODING SKILLZ fuxorz.

I'm sure I can get some help if I figure out an excuse for sword-chucks.

N8dogg187 said:

I would make a sandbox game with zombies, sorta like the game Dead Rush that Activision announced 2 years ago at E3 and cancled a day later.

That reminds me of "Resident Koopa" which was a flash series featuring Nintendo characters and the game format of Resident Evil in sort of an MMORPG. I think that would actually be fun. :P