Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

Crocodile hunted

Bank said:

Any of the animals he handled could have killed him, it's just sad that it had to happen with his young daughters and wife surviving him.

you would have prefered if the entire family had been slaughtered?

I've seen Jaws: The Revenge. The stringray has at least another three sequels to kill the clan.

As for the cause of death, my greatest disappointment was that it was a freak accident involving some defensive animal. I was really hoping it would've been a fight to the death with one of nature's great predators.

That's not a manatee, its a manta ray. Or rather, I think that's some pokemon resembling a manta ray

The family gave the ok to show this footage public. ET showed the first bit with him underwater but hasn’t shown the tragic instant.

baronofhell said:

I read somewhere that Steve did manage to pull the stinger out of his heart before he died.

I read that too. You gotta wonder if he may have had a better chance of survival if he hadn't done that.

Mr. Irwin is posthumorously awarded the Dawin Award. Meh. It's what happens when you play the odds too much.

I don't think a freak accident against a craven animal after years of flexing balls of steel counts as a Darwin. Better go check the website again.

P.S. 'posthumorously'?

sucks, plain and simple. a one in a million shot. I've always been a big fan of nature shows, especially ones hosted by passionate naturalists, like irwin. he made kids and adults take new interest with his energy and passion for the animals he displayed in his programs. he made it fun instead of boring and stodgy like other shows. he will be missed.

anyway... jay leno did a nice lil tribute to him at the end of his monolouge tonight. irwin was a frequent guest and they showed a montage of some of the funnier animal moments.

Da Spadger said:

Even though his death is tragic, i must say that it was one badass way to die.

I would say a more badass way would be a croc fight to the death...but instead have them both die.

they did a six hour marathon on animal planet today of croc hunter shows. I caught some of em. one of em was steve talkin about his camera crews over the years. it was kinda creepy hearing the camera men talk about him, cuz all you had to do was change everything they were saying to past tense and you would have some good eulogies. there were other things said in other shows that just made me say "damn", but I'm not gonaa list em all.

also, animal planet has been airing lil' tribute promos talking about his work and personality, ending with the line "we're gonna miss you mate. we'll take it from here." apparently the discovery networks had cooked these promos up a long time ago in the event of his tragic and untimely end. just something I heard.