Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

Achtung!

Well, I missed it the first time around.

I hope it's an actual sequel, and has some bosses that work like the original Wolf3d Bosses. I also hope it revolves around the Spear of Destiny, cause that would be kickass!

I've known this has been in development for quite some time now by id and raven, but I haven't seen the sketches presented in this particular video before. A little something to wet my appetite I guess.

Hadn't seen that trailer before, pretty cool.

Marty Razor Kirra said:
I hope it's an actual sequel, and has some bosses that work like the original Wolf3d Bosses. I also hope it revolves around the Spear of Destiny, cause that would be kickass!

AFAIK, it isn't a sequel at all but not a direct remake of any Wolfenstein game. So even though you likely play as Blazkowitz again, the storyline isn't planned to follow any of the previous games, so they have some flexibility with that.

MasterOfPuppets said:
i thought ID was going to make a new property for their next game?

Yes they still are; for Wolf they are helping Raven with the SP and Nerve Soft with the MP. The new IP is all id Software so far but still hasn't been announced.
Edit: I might as well add the fact that both of these upcoming games are based on the next-generation engine from id.

leileilol said:

timeline

Thank you so much for that informative post! Of course then news came out in 2005, but still, thanks for telling us! I can sleep at night now, knowing that this has been discussed before!

MasterOfPuppets said:

i thought ID was going to make a new property for their next game?

That would be a laugh. Last time Id made a new property, I was in grade school being amazed the the girls in my class were growing breasts.

Id's has been quite asshole-ish about the trailers they release for the last couple titles. They mostly involve a slideshow of concept art, and very little of the games' awesome capabilities, or really any proof that a game exists, for that matter. I can hardly complain though, as I'll take as much Kevin Cloud footage as I can get. ^^

Csonicgo said:

Thank you so much for that informative post! Of course then news came out in 2005, but still, thanks for telling us! I can sleep at night now, knowing that this has been discussed before!

Timeline'n someone gives massive herd-on’s to the timeliners, but limp worthlessness to the timelinee. Ah...Doomworld.

Coopersville said:

They mostly involve a slideshow of concept art, and very little of the games' awesome capabilities, or really any proof that a game exists, for that matter.

I will give id the benefit of the doubt. WHen they show a trailer, or tell what their game will have, they DO deliver exactly as promised (story/gameplay jokes aside). Early Doom3 sceenshots and videos from years before actual release look exactly like the final version. Id never lied about the visuals or sound, which is something unique to the gaming community as far as I'm concerned.

Scubas right. But id did tell us allot of lies about Doom 3 interactivity. They said we could hide from monsters in the shadows for example.

Scuba Steve said:

Id never lied about the visuals or sound, which is something unique to the gaming community as far as I'm concerned.

How bout 'em Doom and Quake shotties?

I'm more interested in the conspiracy theories that the nazis where in league with aliens rather than black magic. Just because battling nazi flying saucers would be cool.

Then again, the spear of destiny would make an interesting powerup, pick it up and the enemy soldiers start shooting like stormtroopers!

That reminds me.....
Are German RTCW keys compatible with the US version?
I have a German original and a n US "external backup" all because i dislike the media censorship over here. I want to kill Nazis not Terrors, when i want to kill Terrors i play fucking CS ;)

I hope this is for the pc...although it would slow it down even
if it was a 3gig....pff! all about the graphics huh?

eviladam said:

I hope this is for the pc...although it would slow it down even
if it was a 3gig....pff! all about the graphics huh?

The page said rather clearly that it is for the Xbox 360. Good luck getting one. :(

Darn...figures...Id software is now microsoft's little basement slave... GOOD BYE FUN,HELLO QUAKE 4 SPAWN!

id is now dead to me... curse you bill gates!,and curse you xbox360
and curse your unmoddableness(I think) :(.. graphics is just show and NO GO

eviladam said:

Darn...figures...Id software is now microsoft's little basement slave... GOOD BYE FUN,HELLO QUAKE 4 SPAWN!

id is now dead to me... curse you bill gates!,and curse you xbox360
and curse your unmoddableness(I think) :(.. graphics is just show and NO GO

O_O
It really... isn't that serious is it? It's just a game.