Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

Yankees pitcher dies in plane crash in an NYC building

fodders said:

Strange twist, the Mets coach lived in the block he hit, perhaps it WAS a suicide attack? :)

New from EA sports: Kamikaze Baseball 2006!

Technician said:

@Scuba Steve

Bahahahahaha! You made my millennium.

Scuba! You made the wrong millennium! :(

fodders said:

Strange twist, the Mets coach lived in the block he hit, perhaps it WAS a suicide attack? :)

yeah, and sports radio talk show host mike francesa, who, along with his partner, chris "mad dog" russo, slammed lidle for his comments after the yankee elimination when he called up to defend himself, has been going to the hospital for special surgery since the end of august, first to fix his knee, and then for rehab. I think the last time he was there was three weeks prior to the crash.

also, it was kinda funny seeing that a-rod had a lil' airplane trouble a couple of days after the crash. maybe steinbrenner was tryin to get rid of some liabilities while stealing headlines from the mets.

a-rod is an oversensitive, yet arrogant asshole. really there was no room for him and derek jeter on that team. they were too much alike.

anyway, the yanks are gonna have a lil' delegation at lidles memorial. it's not known yet who's going, but really, he was barely a yankee. seems a lil' fake for any gushing of love from a team that barely new him. the GM, brian cashman had no idea that lidle was an amature pilot until the crash even though it had been documented in the news media. meh... whatever... yankees suck. LETS GO METS!!!

Yeah, A-Rod is just to damn weak for New York. He has a history of folding under pressure, and I personally think he's a selfish player and only truely cares about his numbers. And uh, yeah, the METS are damn good this year, but screw what Japan says, it's the year of the TIGER(at least I hope so, kinda heals the wound a little faster when the team that knocked you out of the playoffs goes all the way and kicks everyone else's ass).

The NL sucks, of course Detroit is going to win. They should, they deserve it.

Pure Hellspawn said:

He is gone forever and will never be seen again.

Most people who die usually are.

rf` said:

Pure Hellspawn said:
He is gone forever and will never be seen again.

Most people who die usually are.

Not since the advent of television. Or photography for that matter.

Quast said:

The NL sucks, of course Detroit is going to win. They should, they deserve it.

well since the mets got knocked out tonight, its cards v. tigers. I hope detroit makes albert pujols look like a little leaguer. the mets did a pretty good job of shuttin his arrogant ass up.

and at least the mets got to game 7 in the second round while the yanks got bounced in the first round winning only the first game, especially when they got schooled by a pitcher that they should have pwned. just think about it, if the yanks beat the tigers corey lidle would not have been on that plane as he would have been preparing for whatever role, either as starter (doubtful) or bullpen (maybe) versus the A's. heh...

I didn't think about it until recently, but that has to be the most dramatizing thing ever if you live in New York. Walking around, then you see a plane hit a building, thinking to yourself, "Aw shit, not again..."

just kinda a final "heh..." to the whole thing...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10242006/news/regionalnews/foul_fly_bawl_regionalnews_kate_sheehy.htm

"My reaction at first was, 'I don't believe it,' " said Midtown lawyer Denis Guerin, who yesterday received glossy literature touting the "Yankees Victory Plane" - "a limited-edition annual holiday treasure" - in the mail.

some people are just too sensitive.