Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CodeImp

Bloodmasters release is tomorrow, Friday 11/3

AlexMax said:

oh hey who is that sassy hunk of manliness in that screenshot?

You mean the guy just standing there doing nothing?

Is that giZm from the SA forums?

Also I've onmly just realised how much this reminds me of Crimsonland.

The movement controls are seriously annoying.
I won't be able to enjoy this before I can set up the controls to my own preferences.

Downloaded today and just started fooling around. It's a great game. :) The only suggestions I have are for custom skin support and maybe seperate hand graphics for the weapons (ie the player looks like he's holding the weapon rather than the generic rifle graphic).

Edit:
Oh, and this game needs a SHOTGUN! ;D

Even though the system requirements for Halo are about half of Bloodmasters, Bloodmasters runs faster on my laptop, despite being below the RAM requirement (384 MB here)

Yeah, it runs beautifully, despite having a weaker processor and a crappy video card. I did have to disable dynamic lighting, as it caused really weird things to happen.

AirRaid said:

Also I've onmly just realised how much this reminds me of Crimsonland.

:o

Fav weapon and high score plz :)

kristus said:
The movement controls are seriously annoying.
I won't be able to enjoy this before I can set up the controls to my own preferences.

Captain Red pants:
Oh yes, I missed that. I was too stupid to see the huge button that said "OPTIONS".

The movement system is fucking annoying, I won't be able to enjoy this before I can set up the controls to my preferences. And that is NOT to have the movement be Up down left and right. Because that is retarded. Specially since I have to hit two keys to just follow the map's angles.

sargebaldy said:

How is it that for a little game like this the system requirements are higher than Doom 3's?

I know bloodmasters can definitely be played on a slower CPU than what's listed, and people are talking about being able to play on 256mb. Still not quite sure why the requirements are high for what appears to be a relatively "simple" game.

I got this e-mail for some reason.

To:
Subject: DOOMWORLD FORUMS: FileFront Mirror
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:04:03 -0700

Hi Pascal,

We have uploaded the Bloodmasters files to FileFront. Here are the mirrors.
Can you please post these on your site?

Bloodmasters v1.0 Full Install

http://files.filefront.com/Bloodmasters+v10+Full+Install/;6143004;;/fileinfo.html

Bloodmasters v1.0 Linux Dedicated Server

http://files.filefront.com/Bloodmasters+v10+Linux+Dedicated+Server/;6142990;;/fileinfo.html

Cheers,

Cecelia Fresh
Senior File Editor/PR, FileFront
Ziff Davis Media Game Group

Mancubus II said:

I know bloodmasters can definitely be played on a slower CPU than what's listed, and people are talking about being able to play on 256mb. Still not quite sure why the requirements are high for what appears to be a relatively "simple" game.

It chugs on a 512mb machine even.

TheDarkArchon said:

The .NET framework, I presume.

Microsofts website says
System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 98; Windows 98 Second Edition; Windows ME; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP Service Pack 2

* Required Software:

o Windows Installer 3.0 (except for Windows 98/ME, which require Windows Installer 2.0 or later). Windows Installer 3.1 or later is recommended.
o IE 5.01 or later: You must also be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later for all installations of the .NET Framework.
* Disk Space Requirements: 280 MB (x86), 610 MB (x64)

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you have no clue what you're talking about.

The requirements are high because it requires DX9, which he used presumably because it took months of coding time off of the project.

If you want, you can make a 100% software version so it'll work on everything. Ready? Go.

Bucket said:

If you want, you can make a 100% software version so it'll work on everything.

DirectX has software fallbacks for the fixed function pipeline, as well as vertex shaders. From memory, you can only use software pixel shaders in debug builds.

HobbsTiger1 said:

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you have no clue what you're talking about.

There's a difference between installing and using.