Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
danarchist

One on One (Part One): Floating Fun

Today we have two contestants: In one corner, our red friend, the cacodemon, and in the other corner the firey pain elemental. Here are their stats:

Cacodemon
Kind of Looks Like: A tomato
Weapon: Blueish fireballs of death...
Death Animation: Deflation

Pain Elemental
Kind of Looks Like: A rock (or something else <ahem>)
Weapon: None really, but he can summon a small army of lost souls in less than a minute.
Death Animation: Explosion

Who wins?
You decide!

the Pain Elemental can't make the lost souls turn against the caco. So while the caco is making it's attack the PE can't do shit except release lost souls, which wouldn't attack the caco unless it attacked them. And the caco wont do that since it's busy attacking the PE. Therefore the caco wins.

I'd say the caco. I like cacos more and besides, orion is right, the PE can't force its lost souls to attack the caco.

Chances are the Lost Souls will soon start attacking the PE. But since the PE is surrounded by them, the attacking Caco will start hitting 'em, causing them to go against him. So it's not a safe bet.

If they're literally face to face, the PE can't do jack shit. The Lost Souls don't get spit out and nothing happens to the Caco. So it's by far Cacodemon.

I like them both as critters (PEs are actually fairly "cute"... useless arms, one shiny eye.... sometimes defenseless), I'd bet on the Cacodemon. Pretty plsma-ish balls o_O.... plus maybe the PE'd be blinded by the radient colors of the Caco? Think about it!

Heh...I'm just speaking hypotheticaly, having nothing to do with the game dynamics. It is possible the the Pain Elemental could assert control over the lost souls and cause them to attack the Caco.

In vanilla Doom, the Cacodemon would kick ol' Turd Faces' ass up and down the map. Now, if some enterprising young source port coder made it so the spawned Souls shared the Elemental's aggro status, we'd have a real fight.

Heh...I'm just speaking hypotheticaly, having nothing to do with the game dynamics. It is possible the the Pain Elemental could assert control over the lost souls and cause them to attack the Caco.

In that case, it's PE for sure, because the Caco will just be fighting the Lost Souls, and the PE will produce more and more of them, while remaining unharmed.

However, if PEs were smart enough to set Lost Souls on whoever their enemy is, AND if DOOM's monsters were smart enough to attack the PE that produces the souls, we could have a fight. I would still bet on the PE, because the Lost Souls would be too many.

This is actually a great question, but it brings up one of Doom's problems. Like evryone has said, PE can get pissed with C if he's hit, but C will never get pissed with PE, just with the LS that PE spits out. We all know what happens when about twenty LS's are around. They all fight, forgetting who they are fighting after one attack cos their dumb. If they remembered, and kept on attacking C, then C would be downed quite quickly. Imps also fair well against Cs, cos they attack quick. But anyway, as the fight is imposible to ever have, cos the C doesn't know the source of all the LS (apparently) the point is mute. It's like discussing Arch Vile. How tough IS he? We can't really tell cos he isn't fought back by the other monsters, for whatever reason they just let him get on with killing them. Jeez, things ain't black and white, are they?