Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

Your first experience of an altered state of conciousness

Naked Snake said:

You're not contributing anything to this thread other than trash. Post a real experience or GTFO of my thread :-P

And how are my experiences not real? It's an altered consciousness, and what's real often doesn't come into play when you're tripping out or what have you.
()

first time I got drunk I was like WTF weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but now that I'm so used to being drunk it's much worse than being sober :P

never did anything stronger than alcohol or tobacco tho.

First real altered states thing was the time I had my wisdom teeth out and they put me on codeine. The thing was that I was staying at my dad's and he didn't bother to dose me, so I was doing it myself. Unfortunately, since I was full of drugs I totally lost track of time and I may have just overdosed or I could have some allergic reaction to opiates. I don't remember much from that weekend aside from the fact that the world was pretty much a blue-grey blur. I sat in a recliner watching movies the whole time and it felt like I was just kind of floating in space. I kept feeling itching on my skin and I'd look down and see my arm covered in fleas that looked like pixels and I'd swat at them and they'd disperse. Woke up at my mom's house like 3 days after the operation not remembering more than that. Fucked up.

Smoked weed a couple times. First time I sat around staring at my hands. They were amazing. Last time I did it was the most intense though. I smoked an entire joint by myself. By the time I got to the roach I still didn't feel anything and thought I fucked up with smoking it so I ate the roach in case I could at least get stoned off that. Still didn't feel anything so I stood up to light some incense and was nearly floored by the room spinning. Turned on some music and it was the most amazing music ever. I could hear every single instrument individually but simultaneously. I lay down on my bed and I felt every part of my body turning off and on repeatedly like a failing power grid. I tried to masturbate but I kept getting so distracted by my brain that I couldn't even keep erect. At one point I started just listening to my hearbeat and my heart kept getting faster and faster then suddenly it stopped. I freaked out and bolted upright and started running around the room thinking "I'm dead, I'm dead, oh shit I'm dead" then finally I realised I couldn't be dead because I was still moving and so I lay down and relaxed for the rest of the time.

The weirdest part of that experience came near the beginning though. I was at the peak at that point and the room was spinning. Then all of the sudden it stopped and I saw everything in perfect clarity. Something was wrong though. Everything had more angles than it should have. I was seeing in 4 dimensions. Dead fucking serious. It's really weird to see and pretty much indescribable. At the same time I could hear my sister and my mom talking in the hallway while walking back and forth and shutting doors. These were common occurences in my house, but there were two problems with this. One was that neither of them were home at the moment. The second problem was that it sounded like multiple instances overlapping each other. It was as if I was HEARING THROUGH TIME. This was basically a huge spiritual awakening for me, but that's a whole different story.

First time I was drunk was rather uneventful. The most drunk I ever was would be the time I had 12 shots of rum and vodka and thought I didn't pass out or fall over, the room was definitely spinning. I got a bit of a hangover the next morning but I didn't black out or pass out and I wasn't vommiting like my friend was doing in the next room.

First time I kissed a girl was great. Being on drugs is like an out-of-body experience, but being physical with someone is like an into body experience. If that makes sense.

One time I was really drunk around a lot of people. My friend (same girl mentioned above) was as drunk as I was and she kept letting her shirt fall down a bit (on purpose, I later found out) and I kept following her around trying to fix it to save her dignity. At one point she gave me a deep, long kiss in return. Being drunk and kissing kind of cancel each other out IMO. Muddles both experiences.

I have auditory hallucinations when I'm falling asleep after being really tired quite frequently. I hear people talking outside my door or someone screaming in the distance. Sometimes freaks me out.

In 2004 I think, I had to do this stupid ceremony shit since I was in Scouts as a Co-Curricular activity (some shit based on Singapore's education system) where we stand under the hot sun listen to some smug guest of honor preach a message of 2 hours that can be summarised in minutes, and then we have to march off and get yelled at for scratching our nose cause sweat dripped too close to the nostril. We don't even get to drink a glass of water.

I started seeing things in a tinted color, seemed kinda cool. I was thinking, "Is this what its like to get high?". Then I found the floor wasn't very stable, then the notion that this was cool disappeared. I was gonna say something, and then I realised I couldn't hear anything, and now spots were gathering around my vision, I figured something was wrong. My seniors got me to sit down somewhere and get myself together again. Subsequently I chickened out on any of this kind of bullshit ceremony things.

About a month ago I had got smashed on absynthe after first having some wine. But it was just petite absynthe so it didn't feel any different from just being drunk but I was pretty off balance. Yhe only time I was more stumbling drunk than that was the first time I got drunk.

A month or two before I tried three viocodin at once and watched Donnie Darko, occasionally getting up to see how much of an effect there was. All I felt was just sleepy while watching the movie but didn't actually fall asleep. It's supposed to be a pain killer but it didn't seem to dull anything when I pressed on pressure points.

Weed, I've just gotten a little of the pot giggles, munchies, and just felt good. Didn't feel too much different.

Aside from the disconnectedness of being really drunk, the most of an altered state I've been in is when being deprived of sleep while under stress from some serious shit, or at boring work for hours for my mind to wander while some stressful stuff is on my mind. Compared to that I've been much more sane when actually smashed and stoned.

Dr. Zin said:

How does that song go?

I don't mind yeah
I don't mind yeah
Lost my mind yeah
Can't find it anywhere

Haha I love that song. Anyway, Here's some of my experiences:

First time I smoked weed was nice. I just sat around and stared at the Dark Side of the Moon poster on my ceiling and watched a movie.

One word: Twilight. I live in Arizona, so I go out every night and watch the sunset. To me twilight is the most beautiful thing in the world. It puts me in a dream like state. Words can't really describe how I feel...

redmage125 said:

Haha I love that song.

Youtube used to have an awesome video of AIC playing it live in Rio de Janeiro, but they pulled it down.

Oh god.

Weed:
First time I smoked weed I was in 6th grade. I bought a nickel bag (they had those back then) on my bus of all places. I went into the woods behind my house and smoked a joint rolled out of god knows what, definitely not rolling papers. Maybe notebook paper. I sat around my room and played Vectorman for a while and went to sleep. I don't remember that far back.

Acid:
First time I did acid I was with my girlfriend. She had one hit, I got two. We walked to the park next to the old factories. We sat by the river and waited for it to kick in. She was taking about getting abducted and I was staring at the smoke stacks across the waterway. They started changing and looked more like the snake from Alladin.. swaying back and forth and spitting. We got up and walked back home, some kids were playing basketball and I swear one of them looked like an ogre from Quake. We went home and watched a lot of tv.. that's about all I remember from that.

Morphine/Oxy/Heroin:
Some fat chick wanted to fuck my friend. She lived in a crackhouse across from this bar named Gupalups. We drove to her house and as soon as we got in her mother was leaving, she kept feeding us pills and smoking weed.. more pills, more weed.. we ate all the food in her house and the next thing I know her mother was kicking my feet telling me we had to leave. My friend passed out and fell on a shrine to the virgin Mary in the middle of this chick's livingroom.

Alcohol:

Me and the same friend from the above story bought and drank a massive amount of Jose Cuervo mixed with warm Coke-a-Cola. We had a drinking game for GTA3. Once you get into a car you may not exit it for any reason. Drive & survive as long as possible. When you die, take two shots. The drunker you get, the harder the game gets, obviously. Good times.

Shrooms:

We took shrooms at our studio with these two kids that live with a friend of mine. Now, only when you're on shrooms will the most fucked up things happen to you that would never happen when your sober. A convoy of cars came into the dirt parking lot and started doing donuts .. some dude was playing an organ in the lobby of our space.. it was so weird to walk in tripping balls and hear Castlevania music playing on a Wurli. We ended up at the same river we always do, watching leaves turn into sperm and swim down stream.

Dr. Zin said:

Youtube used to have an awesome video of AIC playing it live in Rio de Janeiro, but they pulled it down.

Those bastards. D:<

redmage125 said:

Haha I love that song.

Can any self-respecting Doom II fan not love that song?

redmage125 said:

First time I smoked weed was nice. I just sat around and stared at the Dark Side of the Moon poster on my ceiling and watched a movie.

No, damn it. You're supposed to listen to Dark Side of the Moon and watch a movie. And that movie needs to be The Wizard of Oz.

GGG said:

No, damn it. You're supposed to listen to Dark Side of the Moon and watch a movie. And that movie needs to be The Wizard of Oz.

I did that the second time I smoked weed... I was alone the first time.

I really can't remember the first time I got drunk. Regardless it probably made me euphoric, slurred speech, more confident etc. As expected.

First time I tried weed... had a drag or two, but it didn't have much of an effect as expected. More relaxed but that's about it.
Second time was different, had wayyy more. Resulted in giggles, euphoria and the like. Played Worms with people and we just laughed at fucking everything. whoo. felt pretty awesome.