Sign in to follow this  
kain

upgrade or not, that is the question!!

System:
p2 333
98 megs of 168 pin sdram
20 gb hd
8 gb hd
tnt2 64 32mb ( damn piece of fucking shit didnt even come with a fan for the heatsink )
cdrw 12x10c32x
windows98
@home internet with blazing speeds!
Note: Piece of shit crashes allot.

upgrade to:
windows xp

what is the verdict?

upgrade or not?

win xp on p2 333mhz? I don't know, from what I heard you might be better off with win95 or 98 SE, then again I don't have XP so I am not the best person to talk. This all also depends on what you have now.

I'll just wait till a weak before Doom3 launches and I'll upgrade everything.

hey man, i am not exactly having orgasms about having a fast computer. i just want it to run with a good refresh rate!
g-zus.
why the fuck do i need a computer with 2 ghz? will it out perform better than a p3 1.5????????
***slurp*** yeth it will but not that really unleth you wanth tho play doom 3 with 70 frameths per theccond***slurp***
dos damn its not like i can get the computer of my dreams!!

No Windows XP! Don't touch it, it's evil! ME is more evil though...... it's hellspawn of XP lost some evil bite. Windows 98 isn't perfect, but it beats ME and XP....

ME= Menacingly Evil
XP= E(X)periences Problems

That's weird because from personal experience M.E. is far more stable and reliable than 98.XP certainly seems to have had its fair share of bad press and it only sounds worth upgrading if you are buying a new or already have a top spec machine.

WTF? XP beats any goddamn Window on the "stability" scene. I haven't had a single catastrophic crash so far. And program lock-ups? Maybe 5 or 6 and that's because I runned out of swap...

you might be better off with win95

Only if it's revision B.

A was almost as buddy/crash-happy as 98/98SE and C was as bloated as 98/98SE.

Obviously ME isn't even an option here, and XP only runs faster if you give it better hardware (go figure, eh?).

Pricewise, 95B is the best way to go but you probably don't care about that.