Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inferno

Chris Benoit dead

Yeah, I heard that yesterday. However, just because he didn't seem to have problems, doesn't mean those problems never existed.

Inferno said:

The guy never seemed to have any issues.

he was a forty year old steriod freak who liked grappling sweaty lycra-clad closet homosexuals in front of millions of trailer trash retards. Perfectly normal individual.

By america's standards.

darknation said:

he was a forty year old steriod freak who liked grappling sweaty lycra-clad closet homosexuals in front of millions of trailer trash retards. Perfectly normal individual.

By america's standards.

He was one of the few wrestlers that did not party, do steriods or drugs. He was a really nice man, really humble, who always went out of his way to make others feel better outside the ring and look better in the ring.

I have met Chris Benoit a few times over 12 years. I first met him at an Outback Steakhouse when he was with another wrestler, that past away 2 years ago. My friend and I recognized Chris and the other wrestler Eddie. We were going to be polite and not bother them until after they finished their meal.

They caught us constantly looking toward them, so eventually Eddie waved us over and we ended up having dinner with them. Chris Benoit, over the brief times that I have seen him and met him, he was always a very posative individual, happy, joyous.

Oh and I might be wrong, but with watching Law & Order, I know how people make things look like a murder suicide. His wife Nancy had an extremely creepy / strange ex husband. Nancy and her ex husband have not been married for 10 or more years, but the ex husband was very creepy, and I have heard stories of what a terrifying person he was with an unbalanced crazy, scary side. People make things look like accidents or suicides.

geo said:

He was a really nice man, really humble, who always went out of his way to make others feel better outside the ring and look better in the ring.

piece.

I have met Chris Benoit a few times over 12 years.

meeting... for gayness!

I first met him at an Outback Steakhouse

raw meat. salad tossing. gaybar.

My friend and I recognized Chris and the other wrestler Eddie.

his gay lover, known in wrestling circles as Eddie the Cumanus.

We were going to be polite and not bother them until after they finished their meal.

of cock.

he was always a very posative individual, happy, joyous

the word you are looking for is Gay.

Wow wrestling = gay, what a fresh and exciting viewpoint you have darknation. Maybe you can write a book about it.

He was not a great talker, he was a great wrestler, probably one of the greatest of all time. He might not have drawn a lot of fans, but he made the lesser guys look great. That tribute last night was one of the greatest 3 hours of wrestling and moments.

I don't exactly feel like pouring out sympathy for a guy who allegedly killed his wife and son. If it's true, it's not as much sad as it is disgusting.

Linguica said:

Wow wrestling = gay, what a fresh and exciting viewpoint you have darknation. Maybe you can write a book about it.

sure, I'll start with a chapter about linguica, two men, one of whom is a wrestler, and an oversized loveheart avatar. I can call it either irony or hypocrisy, your call.

Linguica said:

says the one with THE ROCK (wrestler) and Karl Urban in a nice bow of hearts..........

My personal opinion of Wrestling aside, the article said that the family was killed during the weekend and that he had killed himself on the monday. It's not entirely unpossible scenario that some crazed pervert killed them and stuff, then left and Chris came home and found them dead and killed himself or something.

I almost started this thread when I heard the news, but I couldn't until I knew what was up. he was one of my favorite wrestlers. he had a technical skill that most wrestlers shirk for showy "power moves" and was talented at submissions. I can't believe that he could do this. he was actually set to win the ECW title at the vengeance ppv that he missed. nobody that knew him could see this coming. it's sad, shocking, and disheartening. he was a hero of mine, but now I'm not sure what to think of him.

I'm getting pissed seeing all the papers touting about "Remembering Chris Bengayoit" when the guy killed his family. Gee, I bet if O.J. killed one his kids along with Nicole and then iced himself, he'd be remembered as a legend and not a murderer.

kristus said:

It's not entirely unpossible scenario that some crazed pervert killed them and stuff, then left and Chris came home and found them dead and killed himself or something.

I could see that happening. I have been following the news, his son was killed on Friday / Saturday, his wife died Saturday or Sunday, and then Chris hung himself on Monday. 3 people dead in 3 days, that is just strange.

He missed a house show (live event) on Saturday. He called his bosses and told them his wife and son were sick from food poisoning and they were throwing up blood.

Then on Sunday someone text two wrestlers from his cell phone and his wife's cell phone. Text messages were "this is my physical address..." Then there was another text message that said, "The guard dogs are in the garden shed, the side door on the garage is unlocked."

When the police came, they had to deal with the guard dogs, cause the guard dogs were roaming inside the house, instead of in that garden shed.

The police cannot get the timeline straight for now. There was a release that the son died before the wife, now it is the wife that died before the son.

There was a divorce and a restraining order filed back in 2003, but it was never finalized.

They just bought the house within a few weeks, he was supposed to get a title, but a title doesn't mean much when compared to a family. He had great job stability, 4 years left on a 5 year contract (I think), but again, job stability, money and being a sports celebrity doesn't mean much to a guy's family.

Geo, get over it. Your hero was a great wrestler in his time but ultimately also a killer. For whatever reasons he had, it is clear Benoit killed his wife, his kid and then himself. Fact. Stop trying to find non-existant holes in the police story.

Having been interested in wrestling myself for a number of years as a kid, and having previously read all the stories of all these crazy beefcakes I knew as a child reaching untimely deaths, I've been following the (extremely screwed up) story of Benoit's death closely myself. Every news outlet I have seen, both in the US and the UK, have been reporting the same thing. Benoit killed his wife first, and then his kid, and then himself. Not once have I seen this supposed screw-up in the timeline of events that you mention. The precise timings may have changed (Friday, Saturday or Sunday?), but I haven't seen anywhere report that the kid was killed before the mother.

Benoit may have achieved something in his lifetime in wrestling, but you cannot get away from the truth of what happened here. Even the WWE, who amongst their lame sleazy story lines always treat real wrestler deaths with some degree of dignity, have been quick to remove any sign of tribute to Benoit that they previously showed in their 3-hour Benoit-special, which was aired before the full truth of what happened had transpired.

I do think the whole story is a real tragedy, but it is obvious that Benoit did something really wrong in the last hours of his life. There is no point in trying to deny it, irrespective of what apparent expertise you may have gained through watching a couple of hours of Law and Order on primetime TV.

I'd be mad if he died if I were in high school, because all the white trash kids wouldn't shut up about him. But its summer and I'm out of HS for good so luckily that isn't a problem.

I'm glad he died anyways. Its evident he was fucked up in the head, and its one less wrestler which makes me happy. However at the same time I'm sad because I might start seeing Chris Benoit car stickers on every other car like Dale Earnhart. (Although very likely not to the same degree)

In short, lol wrasslin'.

Lamneth said:

I'm glad he died anyways. Its evident he was fucked up in the head, and its one less wrestler which makes me happy.

wtf?

I don't like wrestling. I also don't like people dying. It's a shame that he had to take his family down with him.

Bank said:

wtf?

I don't like wrestling. I also don't like people dying. It's a shame that he had to take his family down with him.

Yeah, it doesn't matter what kind of person he was, it still sucks that him and his family died.

Eh I made that while in kind of a mood. Yeah his family shouldn't have been killed, but as far as Chris himself goes I couldn't care less really.