Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bingbing

How do you feel about the celebrity news?

How do you feel about Celebrity News?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Celebrity News?

• Very important
    • Glance by interest
    • Who cares?
    • Obligatory pointless option

TheCupboard said:
People are quick to criticize, but not as quick to realize they are buying into the whole deal by visiting trashy web sites and reading magazines of -2 intelligence.

What's that supposed to mean? The people criticizing celebrity news are the same people that are into gossip media?

Celebrity news has its place, but it's gone overboard in recent years. Without any other moral guidance because of a vacuum created by falls in religious following I think a lot of people have turned to following the example of their favourite celebrities instead.

Which is fine if they are decent people, trouble is they usually aren't.

With the whole rich deal, it depends on who your comparing it to. I guess you could say I was rich... but it's my family who has all the money. I myself, have very little, and besides, I don't exactly spend lavishly on everything I see if I did have money.

Most celebrities these days don't actually do anything or have talent. Like some spoilt american teens living in their daddy's mansion, or a pop star who can't write their own music. I couldn't give a shit about celebrities, or the fucking celebrity news!

TheCupboard said:

People are quick to criticize, but not as quick to realize they are buying into the whole deal by visiting trashy web sites and reading magazines of -2 intelligence.

every single person does this now? wow, i didn't know that!

pritch said:
Without any other moral guidance because of a vacuum created by falls in religious following I think a lot of people have turned to following the example of their favourite celebrities instead.

I'd put more emphasis on the way the media (communications technology) has developed. It's very easy to get in touch with celebrity matters nowadays, while religion is less organized, as the same abundance of input and information makes institutional religion more awkward and fragmentary.

pritch said:

Celebrity news has its place, but it's gone overboard in recent years. Without any other moral guidance because of a vacuum created by falls in religious following I think a lot of people have turned to following the example of their favourite celebrities instead.

Which is fine if they are decent people, trouble is they usually aren't.

I'm neither religious nor do I revere any celebrity.

The people who hate pointless celebrity news the most are celebrities. e.g. Brad Pitt had to move to some small town because the paparazzi were always in his kid's face.

Ralphis said:

You're asking this question on a forum of many anti-social, hate everything the world, especially rich people, people. What do you really expect the outcome to be?

Well, I'm not inviting you to my party.

Admins, I have enough votes. Someone bump it up to 50, and lock the poll. Apparently, no one cares about celebs and might as well say YOU FAIL IT to them. People also like options that have no use.

I gotta agree with opening poster that some of the events are pretty funny, such as paris hilton being jailed, but some of the events in their lives arent a whole lot different, let alone more exciting than mine, so what do they need the extra attenion for? I could care less.

What's that supposed to mean? The people criticizing celebrity news are the same people that are into gossip media?

The parties implied (apologies, I wasn't clear enough) by my statement (addressing myk and InfiniteAmmunition at the moment) include the ones that speak negatively of celebrity behavior but then condone it by continuously paying attention to them through internet activity, buying magazines, etc. The point is that if you want something to stop, you clearly do not give something a +1 to a web page's visitor counter or surrender money to a publication to fuel the machine you are condemning.

its a sad reflection of the world we live in that celebrity news is such a big thing, its a sure indication that an awful lot of people have an extrememly boring/depressing life and use celebrity gossip to escape for a while. Unfortunately it makes a lot of them even more depressed, especially those who have eating disorders or addictive personalities.

I have never understood why people are so fascinated by folk just because they are rich or the way some folk become over-zealous fanboy types who revere a particular celebrity as if the sun shines out of their arse (michael jackson as one example)