Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

AVP:R seen it yet?

Uhm, what? Because they are supposed to kill stuff, and you don't go for the least powerful weapon you got, first.

Btw, lasers? What lasers?

And Mindless Rambler, you should be aware that Bold Englishman just said that they DO hurt the Aliens, just like you just demonstrated.

Speaking of which btw. There's also a scene in Aliens where Hicks very effectively blows the head off of an alien using his trusted old shotgun.

Coopersville said:

So did they just use lasers and smartguns in Aliens to reduce blood splatter?

Hardly, seeing as how Private Drake died from a Xenomorph's blood splatter from Vasquez's smartgun...

kristus said:

Btw, lasers? What lasers?

He may mean pulse rifles. I've run into many people who thought they were laser guns even though the movie specifically states they use 10mm explosive-tip caseless rounds.

kristus said:

And Mindless Rambler, you should be aware that Bold Englishman just said that they DO hurt the Aliens, just like you just demonstrated.

Yes I realize I misread and should have directed my image comment towards Coopersville.

kristus said:

Speaking of which btw. There's also a scene in Aliens where Hicks very effectively blows the head off of an alien using his trusted old shotgun.

FUCK YEAH SHOTGUN!

Coopersville said:

Shotguns don't use bullets, and are far from regular. That's why you only come across four neatly placed shells at a time.

Each pellet of double-ought buckshot is a about the size of a .32 bullet, quadruple-ought about the size of a .38, put all of those together and you're taking a lot of pistol shots.

-edit-
Back to the main topic, I found it hilarious that emptying the magazine from a M4A1 only pissed off the Predator.

just add to the regular bullets debate, note that the only weapons that were really doing damage were the rifles, like the m4's the nat. guard were using. I believe before they took off in the chopper the kid fired a few rounds from a .9mm that had no real effect.

Mindless Rambler said:

O RLY?

I never said they are like humans. It's not like you shoot once or twice and they die.

However using those Smartguns in the main chamber of the thermo-something something (I can't remember the name) does kill quite alot, just not enough.

Plus, in both recent Aliens versus Predator games for PC, bullets kill aliens (but again, there far stronger than humans).

Wikipedia said:

During the movie Aliens, a large number of people were either killed or seriously injured by this blood after shooting the aliens

So, the bullets have sufficiently wounded and punctured the alien to make it BLEED. I see this as physical suffering and damage.

EDIT: Oops the point has been made already but oh well, there for you to read if you want.