Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Frankdude

Bad Treatmeant

I personally having a mental illness have seen horrible things done by others like me. I am NOT defending their actions. But I have see my fair share of biggiotery because of my illness when I was perfectly sane and good mental health. The fact is people don't understand us and people fear and hate us rather than try to understand the mentaly ill. I recently saw a news clip about virgina tech and as I said before I am NOT defending the actions of the shooter but I saw one girl who died that has a brother who became a complete fucking ass and say something against the mentaly ill. I no longer watch the news because of that. I am HUMAN and want to be treated like everyone else. Remember if you punch one of us we bleed red just like you. Discuss...

"Mentally Ill" is too broad a scope to discuss. That ranges from ADD to serious Psychotic disorders that I cannot recall the names of.

I agree with AirRaid and I also wanted to point out that you shouldn't boycott the news just because of that. The media is always scrambling to find any source of information or emotion, and in this case it happened to be a guy who had a family member killed in the VTech shootings. His view doesn't necessarily represent that of the media nor does it mean that they are trying to acknowledge the guy's view as a good thing. They purposfully look for people like him because sensational news sells

That said, I think the whole thing is a tradgedy, but it makes you wonder if there is any real way to sort out who might do what on a college campus.

Kirby said:

That said, I think the whole thing is a tradgedy, but it makes you wonder if there is any real way to sort out who might do what on a college campus.

Which has just made it worse now because some nuts think that letting kids concealed carry will solve the problem...

Frankdude said:

I am HUMAN and want to be treated like everyone else. Remember if you punch one of us we bleed red just like you. Discuss...

But yes, the mentally ill are poorly treated. And yes, there are some genuinely crazy people out there who aren't or will ever be ready for society. If we're talking about V-Tech, I have no sympathy for that individual because no matter how ill or crazy you are, the minute you start acting on it and killing people you've lost my benefit of the doubt. Not to say that he wasn't the only one at fault (because we could go on and on about how the parents, the cops, the school, the state, and Star Fox should have done something...) but in the end he was the one who did it.

You're right, the mentally ill have the exact same rights and are the same as "normal" folks, but if ANYONE makes ANYONE bleed red, I think that real consequences should follow.

As for the media, just be happy you're not Muslim to boot.