Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
40oz

Dead Rising

I just had to ask. Is anyone else in love with this game? I brought this up to a couple of friends, and it doesnt seem like they adore the game as much as I do. It surprises me because I dont think many games lately do a good job of reaching my expectations before I buy it, but this game not only met my expectations from the beginning, in gradually exceeded and overshot everything I expected the game to be by being bigger and having such an extreme amount of variety.

I thought, oh nice a zombie game, and it doesnt look like a horror flick either. "Everything is a weapon!"? You run around the mall using any junk you can find as a weapon? That's sick!

I'm just so astonished that this game hit the bullseye for me. Despite the game being so great, I knew their had to be some flaws. But I can't find any. The controls were a tad funky at first, but I got used to them real soon. I could have done without the loading for every cutscene that happens every 40 seconds when your doing missions, but that wasn't to big a of a flaw either. The gameplay flows amazingly by allowing tons and tons of weapons stored in every battleground so I'm rarely ever unarmed, The game plays like Grand theft auto, so I only have to do missions when I want to, and fight zombies in between, It can store hundreds of zombies shown on screen, moving, interacting with things, without any drops in framerate, the visuals are pretty impressive, the sound is loud and accurate, and works with surround sound, and bashing zombies with the weapons you find just never gets old. I bought this game because it seemed really cool based on the screenshots, box art, and the details on the back. Zombies is always a loved theme of mine, so i didnt hesitate to buy it. I just can't believe that Capcom, a company I normally overlook, being that I'm not a huge fan of Resident Evil, Street fighter was okay, and I never really got into Megaman, but this game succeeds in being just so perfect for me.

It's been out for a couple years now, but yes I agree with you. Dead Rising is fucking awesome.

It's the perfect zombie game. My ONLY gripe with it is that if your playing for the first time, and your trying to read some of the text captions that come, its very hard to decipher (I tried with a few TV's but I'm not sure if HD fixes this or not).

Kinda wanna play it now.

I hate hate hate that game because I worked on it and they took me out of the credits after I left the company. Seeing that game for me is like talking to the guy who manslaughtered your parents.

Richo Rosai said:

I hate hate hate that game because I worked on it and they took me out of the credits after I left the company. Seeing that game for me is like talking to the guy who manslaughtered your parents.

A better and less psychotic example could've been Dave Mustaine seeing that Metallica totally made success off his famous riffs.

Dave Mustane is a better musician than anyone in Metallica though, so he can be smug in that satisfaction.