Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(sniper) 109

which shotgun do u like better?

I didn't really like either one, actually. Both felt too static movement wise to me, though the final one's sound is at least a bit better after the initial blast. So I think my vote goes to the shotgun in Doom 1 and 2 :)

They're both corny and crappy shotguns, the alpha sounds really cornier than final too
Those who said otherwise are Reznor fanboys

It's no choice - NEITHER. You seriously can't expect a real answer out of these two choices. I mean, the alpha one was way flawed as it is, but I don't see the regular one as being much better.

The alpha shotty looks better, if I was forced to pick between the two. The sound on the final release sounds much better tho.

I gotta agree with DJ Haruko. The shotty from Doom and Doom2. It had no movement at all.. ("Hey look at me guys... I've had a shotty surgically attached to my chest. Cool huh??") which goes to show that fluidity ain't everything. I think it would be tough to make the original Doom shotgun look good in most modern FPS's

AndrewB said:

Posting in the correct forum will give you white teeth and healthy glowing fur.

only you would know

Uh, I'd have to say that both shotguns suck, with the alpha not sucking as much as the final. they both were weak, which you wouldn't think they would be given the sound and the largesse of the gun. :( I suppose the Original Doom's shotguns were more powerful!

(sniper) 109 said:

I personally prefer the model of the doom3 e3 alpha but I like the sound of the final cut

The sound of the shotgun was the first thing I changed with a little self-made sound mod. It sounds way too weak.

Doom3's shotgun never really striked me as being terrible, but it certainly isn't anything worth mentioning.

Frankly I was more annoyed by the wimpy sounding pistol (Why did the enemies get better sounding pistols?)

That's the first time that I have seen so much footage of the alpha. I never managed to get myself a copy. It's interesting that a lot of the things I disliked about the game seem to have been incorporated after the alpha. Bugs aside, if the final game had been a bit more like that, I'd have enjoyed it more.

As for the original question... I think I agree. Alpha model, new sound. However, neither are great.

Can I have the choice of the ROE double barrel T-rex shotgun with custom sound?

If not, I'll go for the look and range of the alpha.

The D3 Alpha shotgun.

Why id saw it fit to create a new shotgun model for the retail version of D3 puzzles me.