Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Can't change thread titles?

Apologies if this has already been brought up with admins/forum staff but here goes...

Thread titles don't update properly anymore. If I go to edit the first post in one of my threads, the proper (most up-to-date) title displays correctly in the "Subject:" box, but it doesn't show the changes on the forum index. This is a problem especially with my MIDI Collection thread, for which I would like to update the title every so often to reflect my latest available MIDIs.

This has been a problem for a couple of months now, to my knowledge.

Sarcasm, right? ¬_¬ Why's being able to change thread titles so unique to phpBB? I was able to edit my titles before, no problem.

leileilol said:

This is intentional so you can't deface the thread title with "F YOU GUYS"

That's the same bullshit excuse used universally against allowing users to edit stuff. There's one board in particular that doesn't even allow editing posts themselves for the same paranoia.

Well I understand editing posts because I am regularly subject to making grammar and spelling errors, and always decide to proofread my posts AFTER I make them.

But Thread titles are often carefully chosen when I make threads. Is this thread title not what you wanted it to be?

Well, if you post on the thread people will notice it's been modified, as it gets pushed up in the list and shows up in the new posts results.

myk said:

Well, if you post on the thread people will notice it's been modified, as it gets pushed up in the list and shows up in the new posts results.

+1

That's a rule. The DW forums are NOT a place for maintaining some kind of news system.