Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Alkohol+DoomBuilder

Yes, I know this is so stupid, but is 5:08 in my country and I was totally beer-drunk after party, BUT! I still working on some map in DB. Sectors which I made is totally suck, but I wonder if anyone from you build some levels after alko (I heard something about some very big helish level from one guys). I hope someone understand my mumble, BTW - cheers!

I've considered making a map like that. But usually when I get back home I am chatty like a motherfucker and make posts I don't recall the day after or, I am very interested in sleep.

I think a community megawad exclusively featuring contributions made while intoxicated would be an interesting idea.

Naa, it would be more interesting, if you were beaten up by someone and after it try to map :-P ! Or: being drunk and beaten up at the same time and after it try to map... This would become a glorious map!

jute gyte said:

I think a community megawad exclusively featuring contributions made while intoxicated would be an interesting idea.

I like the idea BUT how could we guarantee that the contributers are intoxicated and not deliberately mapping badly?

GreyGhost said:

I like the idea BUT how could we guarantee that the contributers are intoxicated and not deliberately mapping badly?

Require participants to periodically make status updates in an irc channel while mapping.

exp(x) said:

Require participants to periodically make status updates in an irc channel while mapping.

Might work. Then again, with my typing - if I didn't preview and correct my posts you'd think I was drunk. :-)

I've tried to map while drunk (tried to do a little last night) and I just can't keep my focus.

While intoxicated, it's better to play than design levels.

Lich said:

I've tried to map while drunk (tried to do a little last night) and I just can't keep my focus.

That's my problem, too - I'd love to map drunk, but I'm too easily distracted. On the other hand, maybe if I sat down one day with the sole intention of mapping drunk, it'd work out better.

I'm with myk on that one. I spend more time pissing around with DeHackEd patches in ZDoom whilst drunk more than anything. GO SUPRWEP8.DEH!

i can map high, but not drunk. i have to get up and move instead of just sittin when im drunk.

Butts said:

i can map high, but not drunk. i have to get up and move instead of just sittin when im drunk.

That's like Halo for me. When I'm stoned, I get a lot better at the game. When I'm drunk, I get terrible at it.

esselfortium said:

Nor have I, though I have used DB a time or two. ;P

Same, although I definitely haven't used DB to the extent that you have. I made one or two unplayable maps and mucked around with mikedmc1.wad out of boredom, but that's it.

I do really want to start getting high though. I just have no clue where to find any, and from what I understand it's WAY too expensive.

I've tried using doombuilder while drunk, but I can barely manage it when I'm sober. I usually end up getting pissed at all the vis errors I manage to create and then I just end up playing doom instead. Worldcraft is quite a bit more drunk friendly I've found, but that's probably because I'm more familiar with it than Doombuilder. I enjoy mapping while drunk, but I usually find that I wake up the next day, look at the level and realize all the mistakes I made and wonder what the hell I was trying to do. So it's alot like real life.

I figure that LSD would be useful for the concept-art stage, but for pure mapping ability you'd best stick to good old-fashioned opium.

jute gyte said:

I second this. I prefer being being high as opposed to drunk because I can concentrate on mapping instead of not wanting to throw up.

Suggestions for names anyone? If we made a map collection for ZDoom we could call it ZDrunk.