Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Georgef551

Circuit City Goes Under

Gokuma said:

I've always wondered how Blockbuster Video and Radio Shack have stayed in business. Eventually I probably won't be.

At least around where I live, Radio Shack seems to have a knack for targeting idiots with their amazingly overpriced merchandise. (Especially electronic components and batteries, I mean come on. 2-5 dollars for a single common LED? What the funk?) So I can see them staying in business for a while if they manage to keep getting away with their price gouging.

Blockbuster still seems to get decent business around here too, plus my parents prefer their online rental service over Netflix for some weird reason. (Even though Netflix is a lot better.)

Yeah, Best Buy has ridiculous prices for computer components. Only times I bought that kind of stuff there was when I had big gift cards to spend. Their cheapest fucking power supply was like $120 last time I went there.

Chu said:

One that I like to save money in. Best Buy has always been super expensive over here so that's why I did all of my shopping at Circuit City.

yeah, i agree. If you really prefer to buy tech stuff in person and you can be off to better without customer service, you may go for CC for the sake of cheaper prices. Ultimately, both stores pretty much sell about the same things

Searcher said:

The liquidation sale started Sat. Guess it is time to go have a look at what can be had for steep discounts.

I looked at my local CC for those steep discounts, but they're not there, unless you want cables (30% off), or a little bit off games (10% off).
As you're reading this, reductions might have changed since then.