Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Celebrate!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

Billions of people have celebrated the new year tonight (or is that last night?). Of all the major celebrations around the world which is the best? (Pardon my American ignorance)

Old Post 01-01-02 08:59 #
danarchist is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

None of them. I don't think New Years is worth such a big deal unless it's a new decade or something. However, it's a good excuse to get drunk and go partying.

Old Post 01-01-02 10:09 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Red_Warrior

I think New Years is best with all the beings we know, love hate or regard with apathy on Doomworld. Besides, I've got nobody else to celebrate -with-. Could've gone to the Anime Club's party, but I just don't -care- with all the friggin' annoying newbie males... they were making my visits to the club Hell. Bastards. In sheer foil to that, I like you guys ^_^ most of you, anyway. Wooo! Let's drink so -coffee-! And feel the togetherness!... or not.

But seriously, what's so great about celebrating in Time's Square? Stuck in a throng of sweaty, likely drunk people. Fun? Umm....

Old Post 01-01-02 10:15 #
Red_Warrior is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

I wasn't actualy talking about BEING at those places. I've never been to either (at New Year's). I just think the Space Needle is so awesome compared to the whimpy Times Square ball. They actualy have massive fireworks at the space needle. One year, the space needle was threatened with a terrorist attack, so they closed it down. We weren't sure if it was still standing until 5 minutes later with all the smoke. :)

Old Post 01-01-02 10:19 #
danarchist is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sleepy_boy
INCOMPREHENSIBLY DUMB

my New year's party wuz the best. Me and some of my freinds smoked 20 grams of his BC king weed laced with cocane last night, 'twas the bomb!

Old Post 01-01-02 10:25 #
sleepy_boy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Red_Warrior

My New Years was better! Mini-frosted Chex cereal and lots of Coca Cola. Or at least it was better in my own opinion. Wheee ^_^ ate some Pop Rocks too. Good candy, I liked it when I was little, too.

Old Post 01-01-02 10:42 #
Red_Warrior is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I actually had the initiative to bike down to Greenfield and hang out with all of my old friends from Catholic Elementary School. Beat the hell out of sitting here doing nothing.

Old Post 01-01-02 11:20 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

MY HOUSE

Old Post 01-01-02 13:09 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

well, I thought being here (home) with my parents would suck, but I managed to drink more champaign than my mom and dad combined, I found 2 beers behind the computer (tasted worse than shit, but got the job done) and I was going back to the kitchen every 20 minutes to sneak another shot of vodka and rum. I was drunk as hell by 2 am, couldn't even type (refer to some of my older posts), I also got some pics of a dog fucking a girl in my mail from deadnail. Yup... just any other day. =]

Old Post 01-01-02 18:42 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

No, in my house.

Old Post 01-01-02 18:53 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Heh, we mixed champaigne with tequila, and then also had some beer and some sherry for a good measure. Cool 8-)

Old Post 01-01-02 20:01 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bane
Anus Rectum

all i got was a glass of wine.

Old Post 01-01-02 20:47 #
Bane is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

I think New Years is best with all the beings we know, love hate or regard with apathy on Doomworld. Besides, I've got nobody else to celebrate -with-. Could've gone to the Anime Club's party, but I just don't -care- with all the friggin' annoying newbie males... they were making my visits to the club Hell. Bastards. In sheer foil to that, I like you guys ^_^ most of you, anyway. Wooo! Let's drink so -coffee-! And feel the togetherness!... or not.

But seriously, what's so great about celebrating in Time's Square? Stuck in a throng of sweaty, likely drunk people. Fun? Umm....

This is more or less how I started "celebrating" New Years Eve - spending some time on the forums. But then some of my neighbours persuaded me to go to the nearby bar and have a drink...

And to the last remark in my quote: Parties are only fun when it consist of a small group of people - you and some very good friends (or people, whose company you enjoy) with whom you're having a little drink with and whom you're having pleasant conversations with, while playing music in the background, with the volume turned down to a decent level.
Unfortunately, I've only experienced one such party :-(

Btw, like you too Red :-)

Old Post 01-01-02 22:56 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomaholic87
Warming Up

My Computer

I went downstairs (by force) to watch the ball drop, then went back upstairs and sat on the computer.

Old Post 01-01-02 23:25 #
Doomaholic87 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

And to the last remark in my quote: Parties are only fun when it consist of a small group of people - you and some very good friends (or people, whose company you enjoy) with whom you're having a little drink with and whom you're having pleasant conversations with, while playing music in the background, with the volume turned down to a decent level.
If all parties were like that, I don't think I'd ever return to this computer.

Old Post 01-02-02 00:01 #
nxn
meephead

If all parties were like that, I'd hang myself.

Old Post 01-02-02 00:04 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

If all parties were like that, I'd hang myself.
Why?

Old Post 01-02-02 00:29 #
nxn
meephead

where's the people spooning? where are the sluts? the weed? the fights? the car races? Fuck, life wouldn't be the same without those.

Old Post 01-02-02 00:37 #
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

where's the people spooning? where are the sluts? the weed? the fights? the car races? Fuck, life wouldn't be the same without those.

I'm glad I ain't one of your friends...

Old Post 01-02-02 00:40 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

might seem wild to you, but it's just another way of having fun down here.

Old Post 01-02-02 01:07 #
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

I got hammered, went to my GFs house, we were kissing on the couch, her older bro gets home early, sees us, grabs his pistol and tried to shoot me. MY ASS WAS A GONE!

Old Post 01-02-02 02:17 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

I got hammered, went to my GFs house, we were kissing on the couch, her older bro gets home early, sees us, grabs his pistol and tried to shoot me. MY ASS WAS A GONE!
Can you say dysfunctional? :P

Old Post 01-02-02 02:59 #
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

Sucker...I have a party like that every year...my birthday party! I invite my closest friends and we just hang out all day playing video games, eating pizza, watching movies...its usualy the most fun day out of the whole year.

Old Post 01-02-02 07:20 #
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Can you say dysfunctional? :P

Don't tell me you believe him. I've heard about 3 or 4 different stories about how he lost his virginity.

Old Post 01-02-02 09:20 #
Liam is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

Don't you mean "viginity"

Old Post 01-02-02 20:29 #
Crendowing
I've lost my unbanned status....I couldn't be happier :P

Heh heh heh......guess BBG lives up to the "G" in his name.

BTW, best place to have celebrated New Year's was at La Villita near the Tower of the Americas in my hometown of San Anotonio, TX. REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!!!!!!! Heh.

Old Post 01-02-02 23:03 #
Crendowing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

Heh heh heh......guess BBG lives up to the "G" in his name.
It should be BigBadStoryteller

Old Post 01-02-02 23:40 #
nxn
meephead

Sucker...I have a party like that every year...my birthday party! I invite my closest friends and we just hang out all day playing video games, eating pizza, watching movies...its usualy the most fun day out of the whole year.

That's the shit that I do whenever I go over a friends house. A party is a party, that's just a normal day.

Old Post 01-03-02 00:09 #
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

That's the shit that I do whenever I go over a friends house. A party is a party, that's just a normal day.

Heh...yeah but the most people we can get together on a normal day number 3 at the most. My bday parties give reason for a ton of us to get together.

Old Post 01-03-02 10:36 #
ShadyXMR
I'm a Slave 4 U

San Diego and Times Square West.

Old Post 01-14-02 06:32 #
ShadyXMR is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote