Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > DM with monsters

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

What do you think of deathmatching with monsters?

Old Post 01-04-02 02:45 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rancid-Radio
BANNED

i LiKe To Dm WiTh JuSt MoNsTeRs!!!

Old Post 01-04-02 02:55 #
Rancid-Radio is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Stupidest idea ever unless you're planning to fill a Arena-type Heretic level with lots of Maulotaurs that can't escape from an outer perimeter, filling up the place with those inferno spells.

Heh that would cool.

Old Post 01-04-02 02:56 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Hm, there might be some use for monsters... Like a pain elemental hidden somewhere - lost souls flying around the level, just to add to the confusion, hehe :)

Old Post 01-04-02 02:58 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

It's just that I always end matching up with the rest of the players to fight the monsters. Don't blame us, we're the Humans ;)

Old Post 01-04-02 04:16 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

No you're not, you're a Moderator.

Old Post 01-04-02 04:40 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rancid-Radio
BANNED

even if you had dm with monsters all the monsters would be dead in 5 seconds and that would be the end of it.

Old Post 01-04-02 04:49 #
Rancid-Radio is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

No you're not, you're a Moderator.

Right, sorry.

*continues building up statistics based on the information gathered at the Post Hell in order to predict the possible usernames that could post retarded threads and block them beforehand.

Old Post 01-04-02 04:53 #
Crendowing
I've lost my unbanned status....I couldn't be happier :P

The point of DM is to hunt your friends/opponents without the distraction of monsters. You'd waste ammo and health and power-ups on trying to kill monsters, and pretty soon you won't have anything left. It might end up as a fist-fight, and that can be very tedious, if not impossible.

Besides, it takes too much time out of the game with monsters in it. Monsters are for single and co-op *cough* siZucks *cough* only. Thank you and good night.

Old Post 01-04-02 06:02 #
Crendowing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Did someone just said Coop sucks!?

Old Post 01-04-02 06:06 #
Crendowing

Did someone just said Coop sucks!?
/me's balls grow gargantuous

YES!!!!!! I DID!!!!!! I coop'ed once or twice in my life. It was just accelerated SP. So NYAH!!!! :P

Old Post 01-04-02 06:15 #
Crendowing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Loser

Old Post 01-04-02 06:16 #
Liam

The point of DM is to hunt your friends/opponents without the distraction of monsters. You'd waste ammo and health and power-ups on trying to kill monsters, and pretty soon you won't have anything left. It might end up as a fist-fight, and that can be very tedious, if not impossible.

Weapons stay in the arena Cren.

co-op *cough* siZucks *cough*

DIE

Old Post 01-04-02 06:22 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Crendowing

Yes, but if it's not -altdeath then they only stay there for other players who haven't had picked them up yet.

Old Post 01-04-02 06:26 #
Lüt
Administrator

Fah.

DM with monsters is the only way to play. I used to think otherwise until I tried it in a bunch of levels and got hooked.

Old Post 01-04-02 06:36 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Let's say you had a DM map where the only way to get weapons and ammo was off the bodies of the constantly-respawning Zombies, Sergeants, and Chaingunners. No other weapons or ammo lying around. How d'you suppose that would play?

Old Post 01-04-02 07:13 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

Let's say you had a DM map where the only way to get weapons and ammo was off the bodies of the constantly-respawning Zombies, Sergeants, and Chaingunners. No other weapons or ammo lying around. How d'you suppose that would play?

DM with monsters on nightmare would be great.

Old Post 01-04-02 08:38 #
Bane
Anus Rectum

Monsters rulz, they 0wns j00!

Old Post 01-04-02 10:46 #
Bane is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

Stupidest idea ever unless you're planning to fill a Arena-type Heretic level with lots of Maulotaurs that can't escape from an outer perimeter, filling up the place with those inferno spells.

Heh that would cool.

Even better: A bunch of iron liches throwing whirlwinds around. Hehehe.

Old Post 01-04-02 11:25 #
danarchist is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SaGa
Mini-Member

The concept of monsters in dm can be really annoying except if the dm map was a well designed map that worked well with monsters in it.

Old Post 01-21-02 05:05 #
SaGa is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

The concept of monsters in dm can be really annoying except if the dm map was a well designed map that worked well with monsters in it.

Well there's some maps in doom2 that practically require you to have monsters on to have any fun. Like map32, the megasphere there can control the game, but with a bunch of respawning SS nazis and a cyberdemon, it doesn't matter as much.

Old Post 01-21-02 06:12 #
Fredrik

MAP30 :P

Old Post 01-21-02 14:22 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

I voted that I like dm with monsters. But I changed my mind yesterday when I played dwango5 map02 with monsters, that was the SUCKIEST game I've played in a long time.

Old Post 01-21-02 14:37 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

Yes, but if it's not -altdeath then they only stay there for other players who haven't had picked them up yet.

There's no such thing as not -altdeath. You may as well play on DOOM v1.1.

Old Post 01-21-02 16:26 #
dr_st is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

MAP30 :P

MAP30 could be cool for DM with monsters, if there was much more ammo. Even without monsters there should be more ammo for a good DM.

But actually, a map with some monsters, not shotgun guys, but the tougher ones (with the exception of bosses and arch-viles), could be fun, with -respawn. That's almost like playing against bots combined with humans.

Old Post 01-21-02 16:30 #
dr_st is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

dm with monsters can be a nice variation.

Old Post 01-22-02 21:44 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote