Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Black Mesa source: Half Life remake.

From the website:

"While known by some hardcore Black Mesa fans, we'd like to officially state that we've upgraded to the Orange Box build of the Source engine. We're also excited to announce that we've dropped Counter-Strike: Source as a requirement for Black Mesa, and from now on, the only thing you'll need to play the mod is a Steam account with any Source engine game installed! Black Mesa is now running completely off of our own content and base Source shared content, and we felt the vastly increased user base more then justified creating all the extra assets needed to make this switch."

I get the feeling Black Mesa is the Mordeth/DNF/etc of the Source modding world. Looks great, but who knows if it will ever actually be released.

Jonathan said:

I get the feeling Black Mesa is the Mordeth/DNF/etc of the Source modding world. Looks great, but who knows if it will ever actually be released.

You could say that, I've been following it off and on ever since HL2 was released.

Jello said...
You should probably invest in Half-Life and Opposing Force.

Well, at a mere 15 dollars I'm sure I could do that. It sounds like a good thing to try out. So is Opposing Force extra missions or is it for death match?

Opposing Force is a single-player expansion to Half-life, where you play as one of the marines rather than a scientist. I dunno whether it added more to the multiplayer or not, I assume it added some maps. It's pretty good nonetheless.