Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
danarchist

Doomworld and You!

How often does something posted on Doomworld inspire you to do something in RealLife(tm)?
For instance, a thread about source ports that was posted a couple days ago inspired me to download jDoom.

So?

I've banned 4 people in the last 2 days, does that count? :P

Seriously, I think you might want to re-word that since most people associate "real life" with being away from the computer. By your definition, being inspired to post a reply in the comments threads or forums would be an everyday inspiration for most people who come here, including voting in this poll.

But yes, I do things outside of Doomworld on and off the PC due to something I've seen at Doomworld every now and then.

Can't really remember what, though.

I probably wouldn't have known about AV's release if Prower hadn't posted about it. That inspired me to download it...or something.

It might have occured once or twice, but I also can't remember neither two.

My spam cost my damnation.

Yeah, sometimes the idiocy portrayed here made me realize how dangerous this thing is, forcing me to go outside...with the sunlight.

jeez, you think you got problems, Zaldron, I went to Barbados, Antigua, St.Kitts, Grenada and St. Lucia this Christmas. THE SUNSHINE! THE FRESH AIR!! ARGGGGHHHHH! Lut warned me, y'know.
Like all true computer nuts, I don't tan in the sun, I melt.

Sure, DW influences stuff like phrases I pick up, I go on to use them in conversation sub-conciously, normally, until someone says wehre'd'you pick up that phrase, and i say American friends, because that's where most of you are from.

Only inspiration I get is to work on my web site. When I hear something cool that would look good on my site I try and make it real. Other than that no, because I stopped working on maps and there aren't really a lot of graphic discussions here.