Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Engine Hybrid -- What's YOUR opinion?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Astewart41
Loser

I'm sure a lot of us have really found some potential in both EDGE and ZDoom engines... The poll topic is: DO you think it'd be a good idea for the EDGE team and ZDoom team to get together and make a "Hybrid" engine combining the best parts of both? Cast in your poll!

Old Post 01-06-02 12:40 #
Astewart41 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lt
Administrator

deadnail had a really cool idea concerning something like this, but including all ports.

I'll just let him explain it since I'll most likely ruin the idea somehow.

(Provided he finds this post).

Old Post 01-06-02 13:24 #
Lt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

deadnail had a really cool idea concerning something like this, but including all ports.

I'll just let him explain it since I'll most likely ruin the idea somehow.

(Provided he finds this post).

I once had a similar idea of making the Ultimate Mortal Kombat game, with all characters, all kombat zones, all moves, all fatalities and all features from all games, and in 3D.

Midway turned be down, claiming that there isn't enough RAM in the world to build such a game. Losers.

Old Post 01-06-02 13:41 #
dr_st is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

yes, that would be good. And please, no goatse.cx option ever again.

heh, not enough RAM in the world? That's a shite excuse, machines around now could handle it fine. If you do ever compile it, I'll be first in the queue.

Old Post 01-06-02 16:15 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

If you do ever compile it, I'll be first in the queue.

Memo taken. Compiling the Ultimate MK Game is 3rd on my list, right after taking over the world, and recording a remix with D-12.

Old Post 01-06-02 16:22 #
dr_st is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

recording a remix with D-12.

*smack*
Fuckwit

Old Post 01-07-02 01:00 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Astewart41
Loser

I once had a similar idea of making the Ultimate Mortal Kombat game, with all characters, all kombat zones, all moves, all fatalities and all features from all games, and in 3D.

Midway turned be down, claiming that there isn't enough RAM in the world to build such a game. Losers.

Uhhhh, Midway already DID something like that!

Old Post 01-07-02 01:01 #
Astewart41 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

If you do ever compile it, I'll be first in the queue.

Memo taken. Compiling the Ultimate MK Game is 3rd on my list, right after taking over the world, and recording a remix with D-12.

Mmm, so I'll be waiting awhile then, ok. Esp. as the album is finished and out now so they'll be off enjoying their royalties and bitches.

Old Post 01-07-02 02:37 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Crendowing
I've lost my unbanned status....I couldn't be happier :P

And please, no goatse.cx option ever again.
Am I a lucky one to still not know what it is after many inquiries?

Old Post 01-07-02 03:21 #
Crendowing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

And please, no goatse.cx option ever again.
Am I a lucky one to still not know what it is after many inquiries?

Just go there, if it's still available. What always interested me is whether there is a story behind that site.

Old Post 01-07-02 17:35 #
Lt
Administrator

Just go there, if it's still available.
Heh, why don't you check for yourself? :P

Yeah it's still there. The internet wouldn't be the same if it went down.

Old Post 01-07-02 18:02 #
Lt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

The Goatse cannot dissappear. That would be sacrilege...

Anyway it's not that bad, UNLESS of course you never visited Rotten and sites like that. At least it doesn't chase you in your dreams.

Old Post 01-07-02 21:12 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

heh, serves you right now if you dream about it.

I could probably hear Zaldron scream from here if the Goatse man came to him in his sleep, lol

Old Post 01-08-02 01:38 #
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

Yeah it's still there. The internet wouldn't be the same if it went down.

Its THE cornerstone of the intenet. If they take it down, the whole thing will colapse!

Old Post 01-08-02 02:56 #
danarchist is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Yeah, imagine the Internet as this inverted pyramid with the Goatse Man at the very vertex...

...oh, so that explains it.

Old Post 01-08-02 03:29 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

Yeah, and it's all held together with Google.

Old Post 01-08-02 07:37 #
danarchist is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

No. And it will never happen anyway. The End.

Old Post 01-08-02 12:53 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

heh, serves you right now if you dream about it.

I could probably hear Zaldron scream from here if the Goatse man came to him in his sleep, lol

Which one?

Old Post 01-08-02 16:02 #
pritch
Super Moderator

Nice quoting style, dr. :)

Heh, the Goatse man balances the inverted pyramid which is the internet held together with Google glue on his head whilst pulling his naked **** apart.

Only on DW..

Old Post 01-09-02 20:40 #
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

Hmmm...I wonder where the apex is?

Old Post 01-10-02 02:26 #
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

Nice quoting style, dr. :)

Fuck. It wasn't supposed to be that way. Now I changed it to insert the actual question I was going to ask regarding that quote.

Old Post 01-10-02 14:02 #
lmnt
BAND

At least it doesn't chase you in your dreams.
Speak for yourself :P

Old Post 01-11-02 02:50 #
lmnt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

There is no ZDoom "team". It's just one guy.

Old Post 01-15-02 13:05 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

There is no ZDoom "team". It's just one guy.

POWERMAN RANDY GO GO GO!!$("%

Old Post 01-18-02 09:08 #
LorD BaZTArD
My SHiFt KEy iS bROKeN

Personally I wouldn't mind a hybrid of Jdoom and Zdoom, Zdoom is a good engine but I can't stand pixels, all games look better with blending IMO

Old Post 01-19-02 08:09 #
LorD BaZTArD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

Personally I wouldn't mind a hybrid of Jdoom and Zdoom, Zdoom is a good engine but I can't stand pixels, all games look better with blending IMO

Getting picky, aren't we?

Old Post 01-19-02 09:44 #
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

I don't really mind linear filtering UNLESS you get that annoying dancing pixels effect product of the lack of mipmapping.

Old Post 01-19-02 11:52 #