Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Final Doom
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:07. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sleepy_boy
INCOMPREHENSIBLY DUMB

OK. I don't own Final Doom yet, but i'm thinking of getting it. So please help me choose what to do.

Old Post 01-06-02 13:06 #
sleepy_boy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

OK. I don't own Final Doom yet, but i'm thinking of getting it. So please help me choose what to do.

get it from a #warez room

LOL. A #warez room with Final DOOM. That's like looking for Chopin's Preludes in the Trashy Pop section.

Now what to do with Final DOOM. Don't buy it. It is a waste of money. It's not that it's bad. It's OK and sometimes the levels are better than DOOM2 even, definitely harder. But it just isn't worth the cash because there's nothing new in it.

I got it as part of my DOOM colletion, and I've been stuck like 3 or so levels from the end of TNT for months now. Not because it's hard but because it's boring and I can't force myself to finish it.

Old Post 01-06-02 13:12 #
dr_st is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

The end of TNT isn't boring, it's Plutonia that's the problem. Mt. Pain is an awesome map. I love TNT.

Get it if your serious about your Doom. If not, then why are you here? This is DW.

Old Post 01-06-02 15:46 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

I'd say get Final DOOM - two great 32-level WADs in a nice package. Sure, there are lots of great 32-level megawads to download all free, but very few that come close to Plutonia/TNT in quality. It's not very expensive either, I got it for something like $10.

Old Post 01-06-02 19:53 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomsick
no need for a title.

it's doom, get it.

Old Post 01-06-02 20:08 #
doomsick is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

You could probably get it for like $10-15 bucks nowadays.

Old Post 01-06-02 21:56 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

you can download better crap online for free though. AV for example. Then again, if you're into game boxes or just simply collecting doom crap get it, other wise just download something nice that's free.

Old Post 01-06-02 23:57 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

Give him a link to AV and he can compare it to FD, that will show him what sort of a Doomer he is.

Oh, and give him a link to a source port for AV as well. Maybe also Memento Mori or something

Sorry I'm being too lazy to do it myself, but I had a butler these last three weeks and bad habits die hard... ;)

Old Post 01-07-02 02:27 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Crendowing
I've lost my unbanned status....I couldn't be happier :P

Well, here's how I see it:

TNT Evilution = Worth more than $10
Plutonia = Meh, only if you're a co-op *cough* sizucks *cough* freak.

Old Post 01-07-02 03:34 #
Crendowing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

Heh. Ironicaly, I got it off Morpheus a couple days ago. Its crap, but Hell, its Doom.

Old Post 01-07-02 05:59 #
danarchist is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Oh, and give him a link to a source port for AV as well. Maybe also Memento Mori or something

Sorry I'm being too lazy to do it myself, but I had a butler these last three weeks and bad habits die hard... ;)
Uh, www.doomworld.com/ports, perhaps???

Old Post 01-07-02 13:01 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

You can die anytime now. Me and Lt had fun playing Plutonia co-op. Didn't we, Lt? :P

Old Post 01-07-02 13:03 #
Lt
Administrator

It wasn't bad.

I wanna play some AV coop soon.

Old Post 01-07-02 14:05 #
Lt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

DIE.

Old Post 01-07-02 17:08 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

It wasn't bad.

I still have Doomserv, if you can set it up on there.

Old Post 01-07-02 20:23 #
Fredrik

Plutonia is WAY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> better than TNT.

End of discussion.

Old Post 01-07-02 20:57 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

End of discussion.

No it isn't.
Plutonia was awful. Every darn map felt like each other. And where the hell was it supposed to be set? An Earth marine base. Have you ever seen a base that looked like that?
I keep the plutonia IWAD apart from the TNT IWAD, it doesn't deserve to share the same folder.

Old Post 01-08-02 01:34 #
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

It wasn't bad.

I still have Doomserv, if you can set it up on there.

I wanna play too.
/me hunts for Doomserv on internet.

Old Post 01-08-02 03:05 #
danarchist is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

I keep the plutonia IWAD apart from the TNT IWAD, it doesn't deserve to share the same folder.

So it deserves a completely new and shiny folder?

Old Post 01-08-02 03:30 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

End of discussion.

No it isn't.
Plutonia was awful. Every darn map felt like each other. And where the hell was it supposed to be set? An Earth marine base. Have you ever seen a base that looked like that?
Hmm, I agree with Pritch's "have the setting make some sense" idea. But I enjoy Plutonia once in a while, especially if I'm bored and want to co-op.

Old Post 01-08-02 04:40 #
lmnt
BAND

only if you're a co-op *cough* sizucks *cough* freak.
YOU, SIR, ARE A BUMBLEBEE.

Old Post 01-08-02 05:22 #
lmnt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Plutonia is WAY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> better than TNT. End of discussion.
M'heh. No. Refer to the "two drunks with map editors" discussion in General.

So it deserves a completely new and shiny folder?
I buried mine with the .mp3's that I don't like but am too lazy to delete. ;)

Old Post 01-08-02 06:43 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

Well, of course they are supposed to be each in its own folder, because they are both IWADs. You should have 3 separate folders for DOOM2, TNT and Plutonia, each one running like an independent game. If you stick 2 in the same folder, DOOM will load whatever it finds first, and you'll have to load the other one manually or whatever.

^^^
was enlightening

Old Post 01-08-02 15:51 #
dr_st is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

Well, of course they are supposed to be each in its own folder, because they are both IWADs. You should have 3 separate folders for DOOM2, TNT and Plutonia, each one running like an independent game. If you stick 2 in the same folder, DOOM will load whatever it finds first, and you'll have to load the other one manually or whatever.

Uh, I'm pretty sure Plutonia and TNT aren't IWADs, because I've never ever kept any wads in seperate folders, and everything's always worked just fine for me.

Old Post 01-08-02 20:52 #
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Ummh do they have all the graphical resources? If not, they're just PWADS like Death Kings of the Dark Citadel.

Old Post 01-08-02 23:14 #
Espi
Mh.

I'm pretty sure Plutonia and TNT aren't IWADs

They are IWADs.

Old Post 01-08-02 23:37 #
Espi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Fianl Doom is a stand-alone product. You do not need to have Doom 2 installed to run Final Doom, because both wads are IWADS and the EXE is a modded doom2.exe made to run them.

Old Post 01-09-02 00:44 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
danarchist
The Origional Danarchist

If you have problems running Doom with multiple IWADs in the same folder, then USE A LAUNCHER. Even Doom95 should work.

Old Post 01-09-02 03:22 #
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

WAREZ ARE TEH EVIL! Go BUY Final DooM so Mr.Carmack can get some new glasses.

Old Post 01-09-02 08:15 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

If you have problems running Doom with multiple IWADs in the same folder, then USE A LAUNCHER. Even Doom95 should work.
Use a source port, even (D95 is teh ghey of hell)

Old Post 01-09-02 10:39 #