Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Best Boss Battle
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

What's your favorite Ultimate Doom boss battle?

Old Post 01-07-02 23:17 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

I'd be impressed if the Spider Mastermind gave birth to Arachnotrons. That would be one hell of a pregnancy, not to mention a truly unforgettable birth...

dis had a strange very-Doomy atmosphere about it, but it's just gotta be E1M8, hasn't it? It's still the daddy.

Old Post 01-08-02 01:43 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

I pick dis, because it's slightly more interesting to do from scratch than Babel. Unfortunately I completely forgot my initial reaction to any of those levels :( /me getting old... sigh

Old Post 01-08-02 02:09 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

The battle against Eidolon.

oh, Ultimate DooM...E1M8

Old Post 01-08-02 03:33 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Why so many people like E1M8? Aside from being the last level in shareware Doom, it was pretty horrible.

Old Post 01-08-02 03:46 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Why so many people like E1M8? Aside from being the last level in shareware Doom, it was pretty horrible.

No other scene made me jump like that time except the ghosts in Mission 13 of Thief 2, a zombie ambush on SS2 on the R&D zone of the ship, and the ninja robots on the Recreation area.

Old Post 01-08-02 04:14 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I like the Cybie battle.

Old Post 01-08-02 04:37 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

No other scene made me jump like that time except the ghosts in Mission 13 of Thief 2, a zombie ambush on SS2 on the R&D zone of the ship, and the ninja robots on the Recreation area.
I remember the ninja robots. I hated the ninja robots. Them and the swarm of health-sucking, immune-to-weapons mosquitos in the mess hall area.

Old Post 01-08-02 06:38 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

I'd be impressed if the Spider Mastermind gave birth to Arachnotrons. That would be one hell of a pregnancy, not to mention a truly unforgettable birth...

dis had a strange very-Doomy atmosphere about it, but it's just gotta be E1M8, hasn't it? It's still the daddy.

In DOOM2D, Level nine, there is one Arachnotron and one Spider MM. When you kill the baby spider, it doesn't make the normal death sound, but says: "Moya Mama Tebe Otomstit", which is "My mother will avenge me", in Russian. (sorta)

Old Post 01-08-02 15:58 #
dr_st is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

/me scratches Lament with green plasma-hand

Nothing quite compares to the first time you see a pair of Barons of Hell coming toward you. Plus the level was architecturally supreme in a minimalist way.

Heh, I remember it now. I was in Canada, August '94. I'd been happily making my way through E1, I'd finally got used to the controls and I could do it on skill 3.

Then, "OH SHIT, IT'S A MINOTAUR!"

I was only 11, I thought the cacos were the biggest baddies in the game. I panicked and ran round the back of the Baron's bit, pressed pause and literally had to control my breatheing. That was Doom at it's finest.

cybie battle

fool.

Old Post 01-09-02 20:35 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

[quote]I was only 11, I thought the cacos were the biggest baddies in the game.
Hm, how could you see the cacos before meeting the barons? :)

I dunno, the initial experience might've been good, but now the level is just boring.

Old Post 01-09-02 21:36 #
DooMBoy
Heh

I don't think so. I still get a kick out of it.

Old Post 01-09-02 22:22 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

YOU FAIL IT (TM)

Old Post 01-09-02 23:18 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

doom dooM doOm doOM dOom dOoM dOOm dOOM Doom DooM DoOm DoOM DOom DOoM DOOm DOOM
dOOm DOom doOM doOM doOM doOM dOOM dOom dOOm Doom dOOm dooM dOOM Doom doOM doom dOOM doOm

Old Post 01-09-02 23:26 #
Fredrik

MoO the cow says (tm)

Old Post 01-09-02 23:33 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Fah, you E1M8 wussies. E1M8 was a teensy bit surprising, not like 'WHOA WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS, JESUS I'M GOING TO PISS MY PANTS', but more like 'Huh? Goat-Monsters? I must be in for it now'.

I was an 8 year old with SNES Doom when I first played that map and all I did was run past them and let loose with the rockets i've been saving. Easy.

In fact, the stupid auto-death dark room at the end was scarier. It took me a long time to figure out that I beat the level by dying.

I want to vote E3M8 but the spiderdemon should've been hidden before several fights with a bunch of other monsters. It was too easy in that map just to run up and BFG-frag the guy in one or two shots.

I liked the cyb battle, but not that much. I think the level architecture in all the boss arenas should've been better.

Episode 4, Map 8.

Old Post 01-10-02 00:07 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

I agree about the death room. I never did get that.

frag the guy...

The Spider Mastermind was a she.

Old Post 01-10-02 02:00 #
Liam

I agree about the death room. I never did get that.

frag the guy...

The Spider Mastermind was a she.

Guy... girl... who cares. It's evil and I kill it.

Old Post 01-10-02 02:03 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

I'm surprised everyone didn't chose E1M8. I think it was the best, most depressing ending to anything ever. Fuck old yeller.

Old Post 01-13-02 00:42 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

I'm surprised everyone didn't chose E1M8. I think it was the best, most depressing ending to anything ever. Fuck old yeller.

It's the best boss battle, not ending.

Old Post 01-13-02 02:46 #
Crendowing
I've lost my unbanned status....I couldn't be happier :P

The battle against Eidolon.
FUCKING 'A!!!!!! And all the Horsemen (especially War), while you're at it :)

Old Post 01-13-02 20:49 #
Crendowing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

It's the best boss battle, not ending.

it's an ending of e1m8 (the best part of doom). =P

Old Post 01-13-02 23:14 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

It's not an ending, it's the ending of E1M8.

Old Post 01-15-02 16:53 #
nxn
meephead

Your point?

Old Post 01-16-02 03:13 #
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

You are a fuckwit *smack*

Old Post 01-16-02 04:32 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Actualy, the ending is when you get killed. So there.

Old Post 01-16-02 06:56 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

You don't get killed :)

Old Post 01-16-02 07:13 #
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

You don't get killed :)

Yeah, you live to about 10% health

Old Post 01-16-02 08:18 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

well, if you take a RL and fire and die from the splash damage you still pass the map. SO YOU DO DIE!

Old Post 01-16-02 22:39 #
Espi
Möh.

I don't like any of them much anymore, too bad I can't remember which fight impressed me most the first time in.

Old Post 01-17-02 12:28 #
Espi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote