Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Best Boss Battle

I agree about the death room. I never did get that.

You die, you got to hell. The second episode is still in hell. The Demios base floats above it. When you die, thats where you get sent to.

E2M8 IMO is still the one that left the biggest impression.PS1 version,more difficult to dodge Cybie's rockets with the slow joypad.Lovely detail on the rockets as well-you can read the serial no. on the fins!This is about the only thing in PS doom that's close to PC.

I agree about the death room. I never did get that.

You die, you got to hell. The second episode is still in hell. The Demios base floats above it. When you die, thats where you get sent to.

Well, that kind of makes sense. Except you're still a marine with a pistol and fifty rounds. And then you go back to Earth at the end...

No, the whole thing is screwed.

well, if you take a RL and fire and die from the splash damage you still pass the map.

Which I think isn't true in case both you and the Cybie/Spidey die together. Then I think you will have to replay the map.

well, if you take a RL and fire and die from the splash damage you still pass the map.

Which I think isn't true in case both you and the Cybie/Spidey die together. Then I think you will have to replay the map.

I was talking about E1M8 because someone said that you don't die in it because it ends at 10%

Well, that kind of makes sense. Except you're still a marine with a pistol and fifty rounds. And then you go back to Earth at the end...

No, the whole thing is screwed.

Yeah, the marine kills the head hauncho of hell and gets a free ticket back to earth. That just sucks. Oh, and shouldn't he be a walking zombie in the second game, since technically you've already died in the first game? I agree, it's all screwed up, but all games or movies will have screw ups now and then.

Jesus fucking christ!

I always "thought" that the room you wind up in after jumping through the teleporter was the entry room on Deimos. If Phoebus had a big star shaped teleporter, then Deimos should have one too.

No, I think it depends on who dies first. I think this happened to me once on a pwad which used the end-level-when-boss-dies feature hardcoded into Doom. I think I started the next level with 100% health and just the pistol, as in a new game.

and as for the Phobos and Deimos thing, it should just have been endlevel when youstep onto the telepad. Here's a thought, maybe the enemies in the 'deathroom' are violent halucinations you are having in transit?

No, I think it depends on who dies first

I don't think so. I actually tried it. I kill the spider with th BFG, then kill myself with a rocket, in the couple of seconds I have before the ending sequence begins. If I do so, it doesn't begin. I just lie there, and if I press space, the level restarts.

No! he arrives on Deimos the second he steps on the teleporter, and has re-materialized into a entry room full of bad guys! Don't you get it!

/me is the only one here who sees the logic behind this?

No! he arrives on Deimos the second he steps on the teleporter, and has re-materialized into a entry room full of bad guys! Don't you get it!

/me is the only one here who sees the logic behind this?

Erm, no. I realized that the first time I entered that room and read the text. Just the flow seems kinda misplaced. He is attacked by bad guys and is killed (or nearly killed), and yet at the start of episode 2 he's again with full health, and nothing but a pistol.

The point is DOOM isn't supposed to have flow, and the killer sector level ending is kinda cool (remember Plutonia Map11 and many other levels).