Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flesh420

Quake Night

The Quake 2 CTF was fun as hell! Sadly when we got to Quake co-op my ping went over 9000 so I had to quit.

Maybe we will get in some Quake 3 or Team Fortress next weekend.

Quake co-op was a blast. I remember a few years back there was a 'Quake does Doom' wad pack by the Quake community, how rad would turning the tables be? Maybe a community Quake pack?

Ed said:

Maybe a community Quake pack?

I am already working on a Quake expansion pack designed for co-op. Just need artists for my custom monsters....

Bucket said:

Altogether a fun night. Maybe next week we'll tackle an expansion pack.

I would love to map for quake but im too impatient to learn.

Ed said:

I remember a few years back there was a 'Quake does Doom' wad pack by the Quake community

So, do you mean a doom wad was made by people in the quake community? If so, got a link?

Edit - thanks, neg!ke

I never played that. I still have the beta invite in my inbox. I wonder if it would still work. :P

It's not beta anymore, so it shouldn't matter.

Frankly I was never a fan of Q3 (and subsequentially Quake Live), but I might play it with you guys. I always preferred Unreal's take on the deathmatch specific genre.

Nomad said:

It's still beta. But it's open to all.

Nomad said:

Frankly I was never a fan of Q3 (and subsequentially Quake Live), but I might play it with you guys. I always preferred Unreal's take on the deathmatch specific genre.

The only game mode I know of that people play extensively of UnrealT is the Instagib CTF mode. The weapons in UT is just bs.

I didn't use to be a fan of Q3. But I can honestly chalk it all down to ignorance of the game. These days, after actually taking the time to investigate the game and it's mechanics. I consider it to be the best VS FPS I've ever played, and QL is IMO an improvement to the original Q3, with lots of tweaks to basically everything.

Kaiser said:

Just need artists for my custom monsters....

So wait, do you need textures or models?

Whoo said:

So wait, do you need textures or models?

Just models, but that includes textures too if you want to skin it.

I could make some models for it if you want, though I'm fairly bad at skinning. Here's a sample:

That's only my second character model, but the quality seems good enough for Quake.

Interesting. Suppose you could help make a Hellhound creature that is based loosely on the Rottweiler? I have a proxy/placeholder if you want know what the dimensions/scale are.

Nomad said:

Agreed. UT had more fun weapons and maps than Q3, not to mention better bots and the non-deathmatch modes weren't completely boring. Still, Q3 isn't too bad, and it would be more fun playing with people I kind of know.

Yeah, that's the worst part of Q3; the bots were retarded, and it's only fun with people you know. Getting your ass kicked by strangers is never fun as it is, but for whatever reason it's infinitely more frustrating with Q3/QL.

Nomad said:

Getting your ass kicked by strangers is never fun as it is

It is for me. I don't see why people have to be better than everyone else for it to be fun.

^^Agreed you will never get good if you get frustrated, everytime I get frustrated with quake live I just take a few deep breaths and regroup my mind. Works every time.

I perform better with friends than strangers. I know that I suck and getting my ass handed to me by people who couldn't give a crap less about me just makes it worse. Friendly competition with people I know is much more productive for me.

Nomad said:

I perform better with friends than strangers. I know that I suck and getting my ass handed to me by people who couldn't give a crap less about me just makes it worse. Friendly competition with people I know is much more productive for me.

I'd rather play with friends, but it really doesn't bother me when strangers roll over me with their skills. I usually just laugh at how bad my ass just got kicked.

Yeah. I enjoyed the Quake Live closed beta, because everyone there plastered me against the walls. To be honest I was disappointed when open beta came and I started to win some matches.

I prefer winning to losing myself :D

I do recall one match in QL in which I had some incredible luck playing a CTF map. I managed to run the flag however many times the map required in a row without getting killed once. I felt like a god! Of course I don't mind getting fragged, but when the odds are heavily against me I get frustrated quickly.

I much prefer playing SP games anyway.

Nomad said:

Seconded. Back in the day I would play Counterstrike on a local LAN place. This one guy would always smack-talk me and it would piss me off. Ironically, he's one of my best friends these days. He was just a huge asshole back in high school. :D