Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Who do you miss?

Peter Heinemann said:

after my 3 years holiday from the forum, I should also go back to irc. Could anyone please tell me if the old channel #zdoom is still running? In other words: what are the channels to visit now?

Sure, #zdoom is still very much alive and kicking. There's also an overview of most currently existing (as well as defunct) Doom IRC channels here.

Peter Heinemann said:

Correctly misspelled it is "Katarhyne", also called "Kat", &c &c

Ah that's the one i meant. Didn't realise there had been other, erm, "scandals" too.

Did any of them ever post "He's cute (and b4 you say anything i am a GIRL btw)"? You see that all the time on, ahem, lesser gaming websites with members of, ahem, lesser intelligence. It's hilarious.

deathbringer said:

Ah that's the one i meant. Didn't realise there had been other, erm, "scandals" too.

Did any of them ever post "He's cute (and b4 you say anything i am a GIRL btw)"? You see that all the time on, ahem, lesser gaming websites with members of, ahem, lesser intelligence. It's hilarious.

Deathbringer, you are right about stupidity spreading on game sites, but Kat had been such a superb liar, that no one who believed him being a girl had a reason to feel like someone who discovered he got cheated easily. This was something different and I believed Zak when he told us that he did not lie to cheat people, for a cruel joke, own amusement. What he suffered from was a double personality (male/female); something that can also bring up wonderful talents, like being a skilled writer, but is also painful, since you always have to hide your true personality. Personally, I never hated him for the stories felt ridiculous to have believed him. Despite I felt disapointed at the end, it was great time for me I really love to think of. I remember how down I was for weeks after Kat kick-banned me from #doom. I hope he is fine.

Yes, internet gaming sites are dominated by guys and therefore the typical schemes apply here: Guys compliment girls for being "cute" when they behave sensible, but would never give such compliments to their male friends when they present their sensible side, mostly because they are anxious they could take it either as an insulation or as an homosexual offer. You have given the only way out of the dilemma for such shy boys: to set up an own fake personality as a female, from which the compliment "cute" to a guy is aceptable. Girls can hope to be called "cool" when they are successful in presenting skills that are honoured by the male community, like being good at IT or surprising with hobbies that are not expected for girls, like being good in martial arts and weapons. This I think is absolutely normal and should not make us thinking there is something grossly wrong with the internet, however male people should dare to show their sensible side, which can mean a love for poetry, painting, music, etc. I am positive only a very few would laugh. We should try not to say "your Doom fan art is cool", when we want to say that it expresses what is in our hearts, only because we are to shy to say this to a male (please imagine a peaceful Doom fan-art here, not a super-gory one).

Janizdreg said:

Sure, #zdoom is still very much alive and kicking. There's also an overview of most currently existing (as well as defunct) Doom IRC channels here.

That is good news for me and thank you for the hint/link! I will look for my irc client (a neglected thing during the last years) and maybe join this weekend.

:o)

What about Ralphis? Even though he was banned recently (although I have no idea why due to my inactivity) he was a well known character as well.

Wonder what he was like back in the older days.

Coopersville said:

I kind of wish BlueSonnet, Silverwyvern, and Spike would come back so we could have a slightly larger Fan Pics community.

True, I'd say it's down to a couple of us and hell I'm less than prolific with this stuff.

Speaking of, anyone know what happened to Agnes?

the iron hitman said:

What about Ralphis? Even though he was banned recently (although I have no idea why due to my inactivity) he was a well known character as well.

Ralphis was probably getting up to his old tricks again.

GreyGhost said:

Ralphis was probably getting up to his old tricks again.

Haha, I remember reading a thread in post-hell (about 19 pages long) that used that photo. I believe it was an old ShadowRunner thread.

Had to be one of the funniest threads I've ever read, honestly.

Ninjalah said:

40oz aka JohnnyRancid.

Aww i love you too buddy :*)

40oz said:

Aww i love you too buddy :*)

Hey hey! Time to post some stuff that should be in a PM...

How's it going buddy? Been a long time. So I heard you were blah blah blah derp derp...

So how was living in the dark ages for 40 days?

Stphrz, fodders and the others mentioned

Is it possible to view members by their registration date?

I miss Okuplok :P I dunno if his videos were legit or not, and I wasn't qualified to be the judge of that. I just know I loved watching them.

Peter Heinemann said:

Enormousness

You read too much into my postings. I just wanted to go "Katarhyne" so people would go "OMGZ she was a guy pretending to be a girl!" and i could be all like "You say it like it's a bad thing" and then they'd get angry.

Nomad said:

Cjwright79

you get my "laugh out loud" for the night
for being a meanie in a good way =p

also I loved your avatar

also I wish I could miss some one, but I've been lurking this forum for years mostly for maps and building tips. :(

never got to know some one.

Nomad said:

I have been registered here forever, but haven't exactly been a regular poster for very long.

I registered in '04 but I still have 'Junior Member' status :O. I miss having time to make Doom maps...

chopkinsca said:

I miss Darknation.

These retards didn't last near as long then as they do now.

With things like this happening I wonder how our ladyboy Ruba from Bangkok is doing. The last time he uploaded a map was in may 2009.

A high-ranking member of the Thai military played one of his wads and ordered him to be put to death for treason.

(This post is a complete fabrication.)

Still alive and checking the forums a few times a year but I haven't played the game in such a long time. I recently thought of creating a map out of nostalgia but haven't found the time to sit down and do it. It's nice to see some old members popping in here.

I still wonder what happened to Doomboy. Talked to him often on msn and one day he just vanished :/