Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Prime

For those of you interested in StarWars...

Just how good do you think StarWars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones will be when it is released May 16? There's alot of hubbub on the internet and amonsgt the SW community about how it will fare, especially in comparison to Ep I - TPM. Personally, from what I've seen I don't think that there is a chance in hell that it can be on par or worse than TPM. It can only be better. Then again, George Lucas is directing...yet again...

Where's the "star wars = teh sux0r delux0r" choice?

Where's the "Mac should drink his own coffee" option?

Personally, I can't say yet. Even then, it'll be just my opinion, so why does it matter to the rest of you?

Where's the "Mac should drink his own coffee" option?

?

that would kill him. don't be rude :P

Alot of people online are now voicing the opinion that StarWars in general sucks (not you in particular, Mac, just using your quote to kickstart this post), so let me clarify something. FOR THE MOST PART, people are saying this because of the disappointment that was TPM. Though I, too, was disappointed by the film, I was not left unhappy. Why? Because the bottome line is that TPM was no better than the originals as a whole. Some lousy acting, some cheesy names, and comic relief on par with those goddamned Ewoks. However, THIS time there was WAY too much hype, and people expected it to be the best f***ing SW film ever. So, it's not that TPM was a bad film, but rather we expected more out of it...

[quote]

f***ing

This is an open forum you know.[quote]
'fucking'

sorry, I guess I'm so used to posting at innocent sites like He-man.org where they censor everything...

it has natalie portman in it [...] it should fucking rock

It might sound Tobesque, but it's probably true.

my biggest issue with the star wars movies is the ewoks. in ROTJ the actually beat the stormtroopers in a fight. in the other star wars films, the stormtroopers were badass and feared like the SS in nazi germany. (well...maybe) anyways, george lucas does have a way of gaying things up. we'll see.

anyways, george lucas does have a way of gaying things up. we'll see.

::shudders at the thought::

If the upcoming SW movie has Darth Vader in it, then perhaps it'd be on par with the original three episodes. Of course I highly doubt that he'll be in it.
They might as well come up with a similar badass badguy if we're lucky.

george lucas does have a way of gaying things up

You mean like if he'd leave out Jar-Jar in Ep. 2?

I think George Lucas based Star Wars on 2 things, one real and one fictional.

The first thing (fictional): The whole Star Wars saga seems like something out of La Morte D'Arthur (the story of King Arthur, for the total dupe). Don't ask me why I say this, but I just see a small similarity in there.

The second thing (real): As one earlier post said, the Stormtroopers earlier were feared like the SS soldiers during the 1940's. In fact, the whole storyline seems to be reflected off of Hitler's slow rise to power just as Palpatine is in Star Wars (hell, they were both Chancellor too! That's scary!) Also, look at the style of the Imperial uniforms in the classic trilogy; do they not look frightfully similar to Nazi uniforms??? And finally, ever heard of the "swing kids"? For those of you that haven't, they were European youths that did not fall into any Hitler's minority targets, but they opposed Nazi rule. Most of them joined the Nazis because they felt there was no other way to escape, though they hated every minute of it. In Star Wars, Luke is the same way in episode 4. He hates the empire, but he figures entering the Imperial Academy will be a great career for him...that is, until he joins the rebels.

If I missed any details, you know what to do :)

DSM - Darth Vader is NOT going to be in Ep 2. In fact, he won't be appearing again until the end of Ep 3. From now until then, we will be watching the slow corruption of Anakin Skywalker. In Ep 2 the main baddies will be Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious, Jango Fett (Boba's father), and Jango's employer, Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus...

Fredrik - JarJar IS in Ep 2, though he plays only a very minor role this time. ::sighs with relief::

I found Anakin far more annoying and "gay" than Jar Jar. At least Jar Jar's voice acting is good and the model/skin superb. Anakin kept saying the stupidest things...

We need SOME comic relief!

That's what R2-D2 and C-3PO are for.

Hell, in TPM even THEY could tell just how fucked up JarJar was...

After a long stay at the Star Wars homepage and after seeing lots of photos and the "Fobidden Love" trailer, I can tell that it's certainly different. Whether it will be better or worse, I'd have to see it first.

We need SOME comic relief!

Yeah... some funny comic relief. That rules out Jar Jar.

Is it not funny to laugh at the stupidity of the character itself? :)

Not when it concerns a movie that's based around the most popluar film franchise ever and has been hyped up the asshole...

The only problem I have with Jar-Jar is the horrible animation in some places, like when he dives into the water. Otherwise, I find him fully acceptable as a character in the Star Wars universe.

I found Anakin far more annoying and "gay" than Jar Jar. At least Jar Jar's voice acting is good and the model/skin superb. Anakin kept saying the stupidest things...

YES!!!
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO WANTED SMASH THAT ANNOYING LITTLE PRICK'S FACE IN?