Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

What Game do you think should be made into a movie?

Watching Angel Heart made me realize what an awesome movie Gabriel Knight would have made back when New Orleans was still there :P

Belial said:

Watching Angel Heart made me realize what an awesome movie Gabriel Knight would have made back when New Orleans was still there :P

YES

Bobsklim IV said:

i think all the decent games that you would like to see a movie of would end up being ruined by film makers, as they generally always are.

while this is generally true, i consider silent hill an example of very decent effort. of course, the cultist part is incoherent badly written bullshit and it drags the movie to the hell of story overexposition, plus sean bean just hovers in his isolated bubble so the film can have a big name for the posters, but the monster parts are adorably scary. most of the horrors become laughable when the monsters show themselves. i have to say i'm looking forward to silent hill 2.

DuckReconMajor:
If the story sequences of Outlaws were made into a film I'd go see it.

me too, but i'm afraid it'd look more like a terrence hill spaghetti western than a clint eastwood one. :-/

Belial:
Gabriel Knight... New Orleans

i'd wet my pants. screw whoever thinks tim curry overdoes the cajun thing, i love it.

After playing Left 4 Dead 2, it would be cool to see a L4D movie. I realize that the games are based on the genre like Dawn of the Dead, but a movie with the original L4D characters would be entertaining.

neg!ke said:

I hope Uwe Boll doesn't read this thread...

Why? The postal movie was pretty much like I had anticipated, which made me a happy panda.

On Akinomori, Jodwin said:
I watched the Postal movie late last night.

The sad thing was that the Postal Dude from the movie is actually exactly the same as Maes writes here. :sad:

"Maes and Uwe Boll - 'Great minds think alike'" :jtongue:

Malinku said:

none as I never seen a movie based on a game that was good.

Postal: the Movie was just as good as the game.

Malinku said:

never saw it or played the game. :P

Well, you just got yourself a couple of things to add to your "stuff to do" list.

Malinku said:

none as I never seen a movie based on a game that was good.

What about Mortal Kombat?

printz said:

(Descent)Would be just as shitty as Doom. A bunch of guys will be aboard a boring machine (because that's what the filmmakers are thinking of, not a ship), and some hacked similar boring machines, robotic versions, will be shooting them down. All will be killed, save for one, who'll eventually find the master control, discover it doesn't respond, instead it shoots back, then he'll use scavenged (or back-hacked) firepower to blow it up, then he'll run away with his boring machine which wonderfully works again, as fast as he can, and we'll see him at the end fainted, with the medics having found him. Blah, blah, blah.

As bobsklim noted, any game could be ruined by filmmakers. I challenge you to come up with a game that would guarantee a good movie. Obviously not possible. Furthermore, I don't think this thread is even about what would be fit for a good movie, just what you would like to see made into a good movie.

Just as shitty as Doom? You must be retarded if you think Doom guarantees a bad movie. I think in the right hands it could be an excellent survival-horror film. I would like to see Descent in a similar genre - think of the atmosphere and loneliness of 2001. I think there are good plot devices in that game - for example: The guidebot may be present at first but get destroyed leaving the hero totally aimless. Chronicle his insanity as he is alone. Then, he finds hostages who come aboard his ship (BTW having more than one guy right at first is just stupid, something they fucked up in Doom). Tension builds between the hostages and the pilot - maybe one helps with modding the ship and such, but one is a lazy shit and the pilot ends up booting him into space. I would like to see elaboration on the company (forget the name) that sent the mercenary and then fucked him over. He bitterly completes his mission and then sabotages the company, unleashing the mining robots on earth or some retardedness. Maybe I should direct it!

Anyway, my point is that you can only say "It would be just as shitty as Doom if it were just as shitty as Doom" which is a non-statement. I think that both doom and descent, if made into a good movie, would be dark, brooding, atmospheric, adventurous, thrilling, and psychological. Being alone on a doomed (no pun intended) mission is a classic hero-going-insane device. Furthermore, both doom and descent have visuals that would translate amazingly to film if done correctly. Hell-infested moon-bases? Fuck yeah. Abandoned network of mines with all kinds of crazy waterfalls and weird shit going on? I'm down.

Whoo said:

This. Right here.

I know they did an animated prequel (which I have and is pretty good) that I liked a lot so a movie version of Dead Space would be awesome.

Bobsklim IV said:

the same is true about films made from books, they never quite live up to it.

Don't know about that. Just look at Jurassic Park and Congo, both based from books, and came out very well.

Clonehunter said:

Don't know about that. Just look at Jurassic Park and Congo, both based from books, and came out very well.

Yes to Jurassic Park.

No to Congo. Very very no.

It'd be nice to see a Bioshock movie done well, I think. It definitely has the plot, but I don't know if the translation to the screen would go so smoothly.

Clonehunter said:

Congo sucked. HARD!

IMHO, Fight Club, A Clockwork Orange, and Bladerunner were all better in movie form.

Scet said:

What about Mortal Kombat?

Tbe original MK was fucking made of win. Raiden was so cool!
Too bad the second one sucked.

Mr. T said:

Tbe original MK was fucking made of win. Raiden was so cool!
Too bad the second one sucked.

Of course Raiden was awesome. It was Christopher Lambert!!!!

Skeletor said:

Of course Raiden was awesome. It was Christopher Lambert!!!!

Highlander would make a cool game

Technician said:

Congo sucked. HARD!

Even though there were a lot of diferences from the book, I still found the movie to rather entertaining. Maybe it should be a game :P

Oh wait, rong topic. That should be in the "What Book should be a video game?" topic :P (We need smileys here.)

Whoo said:
Mr. Chris said:

Dead Space

This. Right here.

Meh, Dead space is just a weak rip of the much stronger and awesome System Shock(2) story. Which would make an awesome movie btw.

In terms of a Dead Space movie you guys should just watch Event Horizon. Seriously, Event Horizon + System Shock 2 = Dead Space.

The video game movie I want to see is an abstract Tetris movie as a commentary on cold war nuclear tensions.