• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoOmEr4LiFe

FIFA World Cup 2010

They think it's all over.

It is now.

And 1966? That's a lifetime ago - but people still go on about it like it was yesterday. Still, if that's all they have to cling to...

Phobus said:

I'm hoping England beat Germany, just so I never have to hear about 1966 ever again after the match. Reality of the matter is that I'm convinced Germany will win.

Germany 4 - England 1

And Germany was superior almost the whole match.

Siggi said:

I'm South African, and I own a vuvuzela.

/me high fives

I'm not sure 100%, but I think in some countries you can't use them, for example in Spain, you cannot enter the stadium with it.

But what the hell, I want one to break my neightbors b*lls

Karnizero said:

Germany 4 - England 1
And Germany was superior almost the whole match.

I'm begining to think that the whole english team was abducted by aliens and replaced by androids, who sucks at football at that. I hope that Argentina clasifies today, it would make a nice Germany 2006 quarter finals rematch.

maggot202 said:

I'm begining to think that the whole english team was abducted by aliens and replaced by androids, who sucks at football at that.

How about just admitting that England suck? I was hoping England would win because my parents are English, but the team really does suck. English fans need to stop being so arrogant with this "England invented football" nonsense. That's like if I said the Canadian team will win a basketball medal in 2012, just because we invented it.

Karnizero said:

I want one to break my neightbors b*lls

I like to think we can handle the word balls here.

What a day of ref screwups this has been.

Here's to video replays nad other signs of getting with the times getting introduced.

I liked the german england game because there were so few theatrics and thus few yellow cards. I felt bad for Mexico when the defender passed the ball right to the Argentina striker. Hopefully the refs will get better because they are nearly ruining the festivities. England probably would have managed a better showing in the second half if it was 2-2 and not 2-1. Who knows, tho, Germany played very well. If Germany plays as well against Argentina I think it has a real shot at the semi-finals. Who do you think will win the match? Any predictions on the outcome? I predicted 3-1 Argentina-Mexico today. I'll say 3-2 Germany-Argentina. The game will be at 10:00am EST on July 3.

Hellbent said:

I liked the german england game because there were so few theatrics and thus few yellow cards. I felt bad for Mexico when the defender passed the ball right to the Argentina striker. Hopefully the refs will get better because they are nearly ruining the festivities. England probably would have managed a better showing in the second half if it was 2-2 and not 2-1. Who knows, tho, Germany played very well. If Germany plays as well against Argentina I think it has a real shot at the semi-finals. Who do you think will win the match? Any predictions on the outcome? I predicted 3-1 Argentina-Mexico today. I'll say 3-2 Germany-Argentina. The game will be at 10:00am EST on July 3.

Germany VS England was this time the best match. All other games were somehow boring.

And about Argentina, well, they played to this moment with small teams that didn't much damage to Argentina. Yesterday, they really make one goal because the first two were crap.

Even Mexico with low moral did score an excelent goal. If the first (and probably the second) goal did not happen, the match would be quite different.

Now I would see Argentina against a first class team such as Germany.

I would like to see how Argentina will handle Oezil, Mueller, Lahm, etc...

I don't get it Enjay, you claim to hate football and the clods that watch/play it yet you have more posts than anyone in this thread!

Hate to say it, but we might be seeing another Brazil vs. Germany final. I want to see Germany win, but at this point I'd rather see the Dutch take it, they have been quite the show. My Japan is still in it too. It may just come down to "I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Brazil, they don't need another one".

Enjay said:

I mean, come on, a fight broke out in a small country pub in Scotland on a Sunday evening because 2 football teams representing countries on the other side of the planet were playing.

Yeah, that must've been weird, but often fights happens between drunks for any random reason.
Anyway, we've just lost to Brazil. I felt Chile wasn't bad, but to beat Brazil you need to play perfect football. I'd love the cup to be won by a south american team, but it would be boring if Brazil wins it, I'm hoping that either Argentina or Uruguay wins it, but I'll be cheering for Netherlands as well.

Brazil is going to be a difficult match for us, if we win the toughest opponent is out of the way. But I think Brazil is too good for us.

Scet said:
How about just admitting that England suck? I was hoping England would win because my parents are English, but the team really does suck.

The team certainly wasn't the best and expectations may have been too high (or were they? I saw a lot of negativity in the English media) , but if you want genuine "suck" you can find it in many other teams that can hardly get to the World Cup. I'm betting the next English national team will include more fresher or younger players. A key reason why England lost to Germany was a general lack of speed. (Other than karma from '66 :p)

Karnizero said:
And about Argentina, well, they played to this moment with small teams that didn't much damage to Argentina.

Yeah, although we're like that. We can be hurt by many teams, but always a threat to even the top teams. Along with Brazil, one thing we have is a lot of versatility.

heh. blatter caved in and agreed to video use for goal checking. i'd say too little too late and blatter can only apologize enough by jumping into a volcano, but let's hope the dam of football conservativism has been breached finally and more innovations will soon follow.

also i'm disappointed a bit by holland. i expected more aggressivity and pressure from them and they play it safe. it worked so far, but it was no eye candy. now they face the equally boring brazil. mehh.. germany-argentina seems like early finals.

Reading comprehension fails again. They're "considering" adding video technology, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

VS

5 - 4

Congratulations Paraguay. You won against Japan.

Match goes up to penalties, and there, Japan scored 4 out of 5 and Paraguay scored all 5.
The Japan goalkeeper nearly avoids 3 of the shoots, scraping the ball with his fingers. Indeed an excelent goalkeeper. I would dare to say that he is between the best ones in this worldcup.

No I'm sad and annoyed because I wanted Japan to won.

Anyway, Japan played all of the matches very well.
Honda and Endo where the best players of this last match.

Did you hear something about this electro ball? It could be used in the future for the football referee, so he knows, when a goal happens. Of course there are the video cameras that would be enough, but we all want technology and like it :-) !

Scet said:

Reading comprehension fails again. They're "considering" adding video technology, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

i don't think so. blatter was one of the last mohicans fervently opposing any modern technologies in football. him being on top of the food chain was the greatest obstacle to introduce... anything new. now that he publicly admitted it's necessity to save face and (less importantly) to avoid such embarrassing situations in the future, it's almost as good as done.

i only got speculative assuming they'll use cameras for checking the goal line. if they water it down to using chipped balls (a huge failure afaik), they are begging for some anthrax letters.

He clearly ruled out any usage of video replays.

Goal-line checking will probably be done electronically.

Video replays can't be used, simply because they'd then have to be used for all types of referee decisions...thus eliminating the grey area that they've always used to influence the outcome of crucial matches (to ensure that certain teams win to boost ratings, marketing etc.)

Can't see anything wrong with goal-line stuff though...but despite it's rarity compared to dives, offsides, handballs etc. it can still be used to corrupt match results so I don't expect it to appear.

The round of 16 is over. There is a break from football matches until July 2nd when quarterfinals commence. What upcoming match are you looking forward to the most? For me Germany vs. Argentina (prediction: 2-1).

Hellbent said:

The round of 16 is over. There is a break from football matches until July 2nd when quarterfinals commence. What upcoming match are you looking forward to the most? For me Germany vs. Argentina (prediction: 2-1).

Germany vs. Argentina seems to be a good match. I'll be cheering for Argentina, but it will be a very even match. Another i'd like to see is Netherlands vs. Brazil. As for the other two matches, Spain should have no problem beating Paraguay, same as Uruguay beating Ghana.

so.. anyway... Brazil or Netherlands? Germany or Argentina? Ghana or Uraguay? Spain or Paraguay?

Hellbent said:

so.. anyway... Brazil or Netherlands? Germany
or Argentina? Ghana or Uraguay? Spain or Paraguay?

I think there will be at least one upset, and I think the Netherlands will win, if on penalties. Argentina Germany will be a classic, but Argentina will win.
Uruguay & Spain to also go through.

I really want Germany to win, but would also like to see Netherlands beat Brazil. I don't know why pundits put Argentina as better chances--I think Germany has just as good a shot given how they demolished the British. I agree with you on Spain and Uruguay.

www.randallsimonssausages.com I like this site's breakdown and predictions very much.

BilboHicks said:

I think there will be at least one upset, and I think the Netherlands will win, if on penalties.

We suck with penalties, so I do not hope it will get that far. It probably won't cause In all honestly those Brazilians will kick our asses with their perfect football. We are unbeaten for 23 matches straight though.

not so perfect football it seems... congrats to the dutch, i'm glad my trust in you wasn't misplaced!
in other words: FUCK YEAH! there's never enough of brazil losing. ;)

W..w..w..we won, I can't fucking believe it. I have hardly any fingernails left. If were not going to be world champion now, I'll never watch a soccer game again.

Fuck, now I've got 8 out of the last 9 games right. I hope Ghana loses today for breaking my perfect record.

Should've made some bets.

I was stoked Dutch won today. They look well on their way to the Final. But they will have to contend with Germany, Argentina or Spain for the big trophy (sorry Paraguay). I guess I'm rooting for Ghana in the game coming up in a few minutes against Uruguay..