Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Six

Your "Whatever" Collection

What the title says, let's see what the rest of Doomworld likes to collect.

I myself am an avid collector of old games and consoles from the late 80's to early 90's. I haven't had the interest for long but it's a slowly growing hobby. I have photos of only some of my junk, there's more laying about in stacks, only because i haven't got a glass shelf to display them on yet. I have a glass cabinet for my actual old possessions i've had for years, especially the Sega Mega Drive 2 which i've had for over 15 years now, but there's no more room inside for anything else, plus i can't buy another since there's virtually no room left in the office. A geeky hobby? Sure, but it gets the attention of the geeky ladies.

The Gallery:

This is my glass cabinet with most of the collection, has its own halogen light and all (apologies for the 1mb png's):

Also i bought this recently for only £20. It came with the two controllers, as well as 15 games (14 in their original cases with instructions) and a massive suitcase like thing that you can carry the console in:

So that's the gist of my collection, it's not everything i've got, but i can show more some other time. Right now i'd love to see what everyone else collects, doesn't matter what it is either!

Lol are you the AVGN or the Irate Gamer?

Speaking of which...I have a medium-sized collection of famiclones, random portable consoles, and DVD/MP3/DivX players, as well as junk PCs.

I will always regret parting with my collection of vintage games consoles and computers. Needed monies, stuff had to be sold :(

Six said:

What the title says, let's see what the rest of Doomworld likes to collect.

I myself am an avid collector of old games and consoles from the late 80's to early 90's. I haven't had the interest for long but it's a slowly growing hobby. I have photos of only some of my junk, there's more laying about in stacks, only because i haven't got a glass shelf to display them on yet. I have a glass cabinet for my actual old possessions i've had for years, especially the Sega Mega Drive 2 which i've had for over 15 years now, but there's no more room inside for anything else, plus i can't buy another since there's virtually no room left in the office. A geeky hobby? Sure, but it gets the attention of the geeky ladies.

The Gallery:

This is my glass cabinet with most of the collection, has its own halogen light and all (apologies for the 1mb png's):

(images)

Also i bought this recently for only £20. It came with the two controllers, as well as 15 games (14 in their original cases with instructions) and a massive suitcase like thing that you can carry the console in:

So that's the gist of my collection, it's not everything i've got, but i can show more some other time. Right now i'd love to see what everyone else collects, doesn't matter what it is either!

Damn, that's a nice collection. I have a smaller collection but has some of the gist of yours, though. (I only actually got the Megadrive yesterday!)

Top to bottom: Gamecube - SNES, Nintendo 64, Sega Megadrive, 60GB PS3 (The only UK model which has PS2 compatibility :/). I have the N64 and SNES Cartridges in a drawer across the room.

Here's a great site where you can get stuff for your collection rather easily: retrogames.co.uk

I collect old British comics, mainly the three-columns-of-tiny-text story papers from the late 19th and 20th century. I mainly aim for from around 1892 (when Chums, one of the better ones, started) to 1940 (when loads of them ended because of the war). Though the upper limit of my collecting is 1992, when The Victor, the final weekly boys' adventure comic ended. (There is also one single remaining comic in the "Boys' Own adventure" genre called Commando which amazingly is still published today! But it's small, not technically weekly and only has one story per issue)
I mainly collect ones published by Amalgamated Press (which later became IPC/Fleetway/Egmont). Though i have a few of the slightly later ones published by DC Thomson (who are publishing the three 'proper' British comics available in modern times) but thier old story-papers had re-caps of serials "in the story" which makes them annoying to read in big lumps, though it was probably great for readers who bought them from week to week because they could start at any issue.
I also collect Chums, which was originally published by a company called Cassells, and The Captain, published by George Newnes Ltd. Primarily because quite a few bound volumes of those two publications have survived so they are cheaper! I've got decent volumes of The Captain for £5, but a volume of The Boys' Friend cost me £170!

No pictures to post on here, but there's plenty on my comic blog:
http://blog.crystal-knights.co.uk/

The only thing I really collect nowadays is CDs. I enjoy finding classic heavy metal releases from the 70s up to today, as well as other music I like.

Front side

Back side, which is the rest of my CDs, ones that need to be sold, and DVDs and games.

Do all console collectors buy their furniture in the same depot?

I guess it's the closest I have to a collection, and it doesn't even approach all of beers I have enjoyed. I only started putting bottles up there a month or two ago, and I often forget to put new ones up.

Bashe said:

The only thing I really collect nowadays is CDs. I enjoy finding classic heavy metal releases from the 70s up to today, as well as other music I like.

I like the sound of your collection. I also collect CD's but not just metal.

I also collect Savage Sword of Conan comics, although I haven't bought any in ages. I wish I had em all.. maybe one day I will hunt the rest down.

If I were to collect anything I'd say its books on computing topics. I have about twenty of them. I'm honestly not the collector type, I like having things that are functional and useful to me, so collections usually don't happen for me.

Mostly C64 and Amiga stuff, too much to put on display unless I build another room or two onto the house.

Pretty much the only thing I collect is music CDs. I have about 300, although I'm sure many people probably have a lot more. You should see the gigantic CD album I keep them in.

About 200 CDs, 50-60 books, 50 or so PC games (ran out of shelf space and just started buying over Steam), about 3-4k Magic cards, half as many Star Trek CCG cards (oh god so worthless), and my Warhammer minis.

Thumbs up at Doom Dude's Conan collection. I have my own collection of the Greek edition of Conan the barbarian (Mostly based on the Savage Sword of Conan B&W series, but other series such Conan the Adventurer and Conan (in color or mixed B&W/colorized). I've got all of the most recent Dark Horse comics Conan edition too, although IMO the classic B&W series are unsurpassable.

I like to collect Jurassic Park merchandise when I can, mostly the old toys from 90's. I really don't have too much, but I hope I can wrap up the JP:Chaos Effect line before anything else.

Had an extensive collection of silver age comic books but...they're gone now. :(
This is the only comic book I have left because it was in with my Mads:

My Mad Magazines:

Football/Baseball cards:

Redline Hot Wheels:

Now I mostly collect dust.

EDIT: links removed

There's a few things I collect, like anime series and figurines, LPs, and whatnot, but I can't really get any good pictures of them since nothing's in a nice case to show them off. I do have pictures of my NeoGeo games and most of my manga, however (thumbs link to full-sized pictures).

On the games thumbnail, the titles from left-to-right are Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Real Bout Fatal Fury, SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos, and The Last Blade. Next those are some TG-16 games and a Sega game. Above them is my Saturn.

I have a few notable collections I guess. Most of this shit I don't show off or put in cases though, I just have it laying around and actively use it when I can. Some of this, such as consoles, are just communal sort of family collections shared with my brother: but you bet your ass if it's cool and vintage it's all me.

Nintendo Consoles:
NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii
GB, GBP, GBC, GBA, DS

Badass Peripherals for said consoles:
Like five freaking zappers, ROB, Powerglove, NES flight joystick (lol), exercise pad (ancient DDR anyone?) SNES programmable fighter joystick, a myriad of 3rd party turbo pads for pretty much all of the above systems, and the venerable wavebird, perhaps my all time favorite console controller

Games:
All of the good ones pretty much.

other collections include...

Military combat uniforms. Modern Bundeswehr, desert and woodland, US Army circa late Korean war, OD Greens Vietnam war, ERDL Vietnam war, Seabees Vietnam war, US Woodland with kevlar helmet and flak jacket, US Tri-Color desert.

Records:
Full gentle giant discog with rarities, like 30 Frank Zappa records, tons and tons of prog rock, jazz, lots of classical, etc, etc. Probably over 200 records - vaguely impressive considering I got them all in the space of about a year of collecting.

I have a larger collection of SACD and DVD-Audio discs than anyone else I know. Nine and six, respectively :-)

I collect spores, fungi and molds. :P

I guess my airsoft stuff would count as a collection.

Springer:
2 x TM MK23, UHC M9, TM 1911, TM XM177E2, TM MP5A3, TM M3 Super 90

AEG:
(unknown) F2000, TM FAMAS

My next one will either be an M26 grenade or a bolt-action rifle (likely AWP).

I have an EOS 400 D digital photo camera and here are some of my video games [I have more original CD, DVD video games! No warez!]:

Chronohunter45 said:

I'm curious, are you a girl?

Why would you think that? :P (that's a no)

My dad managed to find discs filled with Sega Genesis ROMS a few years back in a shop, so I got a pretty nice collection of these games. Couldn't ask for more than that. :)