Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frankdude

steam is spyware

Craigs said:

I was able to run the updated version of Half Life 2 on my old desktop without any problem. This was a piece of shit with 512 MB of RAM, a 1.5 GHZ dual core CPU, and an old shitty Nvidia 6600. No excuses.

Try crappy non-upgradeable laptop with a 6150 onboard. It worked ok on low resolutions with the older games, but no longer. I don't see the developers going out of their way to eliminate bugs or optimize for my machine, they are interested in the majority of their consumers with better hardware. If there is a game I like that has many engine versions, I'd prefer to use the version that works best on my machine.

Frankdude said:

I am not a moron danarchy. Know why I rarely post. I have a life. You post alot where is your life!

So instead of a moron you're comfortable with coming off as a dick? It's possible to have a life and post frequently on these forums. Most of us seem to accomplish it. Granted, Danarchy's anger may have been a little over-the-top, but your implications are just sad.

Snakes said:

So instead of a moron you're comfortable with coming off as a dick? It's possible to have a life and post frequently on these forums. Most of us seem to accomplish it. Granted, Danarchy's anger may have been a little over-the-top, but your implications are just sad.

Snakes I can really care less about you say. You see you are the thing I described in my responce to danarchy. you are just covering up for your shortcomings with misguided hate.

phi108 said:

Try crappy non-upgradeable laptop with a 6150 onboard.

Lower resolution to lowest possible setting, and disable advanced effects. Thank ye.

Frankdude said:

Snakes I can really care less about you say. You see you are the thing I described in my responce to danarchy. you are just covering up for your shortcomings with misguided hate.

This is precisely the stuff I never understood about online forums. If you dislike the majority of people at one because they post there why would you ever want to show up? And the inverse, why would they want you to post either?

Frankdude you're not receiving criticism because people have some kind of vendetta against you, you're receiving it because you started a stupid thread with a stupid argument. Even if you wanted to argue your side for reasons other than to get people worked up you could have done it in a far more intelligent way.

That's what I did before the update:

phi108 said:

It worked ok on low resolutions...

But now with every setting on lowest, it still doesn't get the same performance, and there are mipmapping errors, etc.

I have reported the errors, but I don't anticipate it ever working as well as before. I shouldn't need a new computer to play an update to an old game of mine.

Frankdude said:

Whatever you say, guy. Also, nice to know you care about what I say!

Frankdude said:

Actually Snakes doesn't really have any short comings. You're probably unaware of this due to the fact that you're a fucking idiot but Snakes is one of the wealthiest men in the world. He lives in a mansion made entirely out of gold with a 100 yard long platinum plated pool studded with giant diamonds. He doesn't use toilet paper and he doesn't wipe. He has Lyor Cohen wipe his ass for him. With $100 bills. Each night he has a massive orgy with 50 of the most beautiful women in the world.

As for Danarchy, well I'm guessing you have no idea who he is, now do you? Let me just say that I can assure you that Christian Bale definitely has a life.

Frankdude, I also feel that Steam sucks (though I'd say malware rather than spyware). But you're throwing around way too many insults here. You'd better stop that right now if you want to continue using these forums.

And thread closed, because it really doesn't serve any useful purpose, and this topic has been gone over many many times, and normally a good deal more intelligently.