Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

The uberatomic geekwizard e-peen show-off-your-PC-threads!

What is your PC?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What is your PC?

• Intel Quad Core
    • Intel Dual Core
    • AMD Quad Core
    • AMD Triple Core
    • AMD Dual Core
    • I`m a Mac user, this button turns my computer on!
    • It runs Windows XP and that`s all I`ll ever need!
    • I only play Doom and it`s still the early 90`s!
    • Pentium III all the way Baby!
    • Buttsecks!
    • I stole a Cray supercomputer
    • I have a WOPR taking up most of my downstairs
    • Computer? Isn`t that one of those newfangled electronic calculating gadgets I`ve been hearing about lately?

CPU: Intel C2Q Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz (probably oc to 3.0)
GPU: PNY Nvidia 8800GT 512MB
RAM: 2 x Kingston HyperX 1GB
MOBO: ASUS P5Q
PSU: Seasonic S12 430W
HDD: Seagate 250 GB
DVD: ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Case: Rosewill Challenger
Sound: Onboard Realtek HD
Mouse: Logitech MX518
Keyboard: Microsoft Inernet Keyboard
Monitor: ASUS VH222H (1920x1080) and Acer X193W (1440x900)

xepop said:

What is this, no hexacores?

This isn't 2011 yet, and furthermore, this is still the early 90's and Doom is still the most popular game :p.

exl said:

Best money I ever spent on building a future-proof PC 2-ish years ago.

CPU - Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz

Damn straight, now slap on a large third party cooler, and overclock it. The i7 begs to be ran up to 3.8-4.0.

I'm impressed with how well my computer that I built over 5 years ago is holding up. Then again I'm not a gamer.

Chronohunter45 said:

Manufacturer: Union Aerospace Corporation
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Water-Cooled @ 3.8ghz
Memory: 2 x 2048mb 1333 DDR3 @ 9-9-9-24
Hard Drive: 2 x 320gb RAID 0 + 1 x 640gb
Video Card: 2 x HD 5770 "Hawk" CrossfireX @ 975mhz/2700 GDDR5
Monitor: HP w2207
Sound Card: Onboard ALC889 HD Audio
Speakers/Headphones: Cyber Acoustics 5.1 240w Surround
Keyboard: Deck Legend - Ice (tactile)
Mouse: Logitech G9
Mouse Surface: Razer 24in
Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Linux Mint, FreeBSD
Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65 Micro ATX
Computer Case: Cooler Master Elite 341 Micro ATX

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jhshelton45/Other%20Photos/P1000049_640.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jhshelton45/Other%20Photos/P1000040_640.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jhshelton45/Other%20Photos/P1000041_640.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jhshelton45/Other%20Photos/P1000042_640.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jhshelton45/Other%20Photos/P1000042_640.jpg

Nice dude, is that sound dampening material on the case??

exp(x) said:

CPU: Athlon 64 3500+ (single core, bitch)
GPU: Asus EN6600 Nvidia 6600 256MB
RAM: Corsair XMS 2x512MB PC3200
MOBO: Asus A8N-SLI Premium
HDDs: 2x 36.7GB WD Raptor, 1x 200GB WD Caviar SE
PSU: Thermaltake Silent Purepower 480W
Case: Lian Li PC-61
Display: Viewsonic Optiquest V95 19" CRT (1997, baby)

I hope to build a new computer next year.

I used to own that. It was built in 2004 for Doom 3, complete with the classic Radeon 9800 Pro. That thing lasted me for a long time. I also had a 36 GB Raptor, which was damn fast for its time. Good stuff.

If you're looking for a low-power upgrade, a decent Athlon II quad core can be had for under $100 nowadays.

Bouncy said:

CPU Type: QuadCore Intel Core i7 950, set to 3600 MHz
Motherboard: Asus P6T
RAM: 12 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 x2
Audio: Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Creative SB X-Fi
HDD: 300Gb 10k RPM + 2 TB
Monitor: Hannspree 28" WUXGA
Speaker: Headphones, actually. AKG K-99s.

Nothing special about the keyboard or mice. 3 fans for the machine and liquid cooling for the i7. :)

Damn man that is one hell of a setup, pics please :)

Doom Marine said:

Damn straight, now slap on a large third party cooler, and overclock it. The i7 begs to be ran up to 3.8-4.0.

Which cooler do you recommend? I am a bit concerned about power usage though, especially as it's an early C0 stepping.

Despite being an older cheaper computer, my optiplex sx270 has the mysterious magical property of having hardly any slowdown for doom maps with complex architecture. I voted for buttsecks though.

exl said:

Which cooler do you recommend? I am a bit concerned about power usage though, especially as it's an early C0 stepping.

The Noctua NH-U12P SE2, with the push-pull fan configuration. It comes with a sturdy bold-through kit. As for the C0 stepping, you should still be able to overclock it to 3.6-3.8 before hitting a voltage wall. In any case, there's a good extra GHz that's just lying dormant, waiting for you to wake it up.

Found a camera that did work, and needed to clean the inside of my PC anyway. Here's a few pics. Was still a bit dusty when I took these pics, isn't now.

Doom Marine said:

Nice dude, is that sound dampening material on the case??

Yep. The setup is dead silent. The loudest components in my build are the hard drives, and even that's hardly noticeable.

Chronohunter45 said:

Yep. The setup is dead silent. The loudest components in my build are the hard drives, and even that's hardly noticeable.

nice, except it's water cooled which always struck me as kind of pointless.

I gotta kind-of-boring PC. Not too new, not too old, but starting to become outdated. I can play Team Fortress 2 on it well and that's the newest PC game I play at the moment, so there's no issues with buying a new one yet.

HP Pavilion
AMD Dual-Core @ 2.4Ghz
2GB RAM
256MB Graphics Card (Nvidia Geforce)
160GB HDD (HP Standard)
Windows Vista 32-bit >.<

I think the most interesting part of my PC is the fact that the monitor is a 1080i HDTV, which means I have to run everything at 1440x900 resolution to stop it from looking butt-ugly.

There's also a Sony PowerMOS Stereo Amp plugged into it for sound, but I think this thread is more for the PC itself, not what shit is plugged into it.

Craigs said:

nice, except it's water cooled which always struck me as kind of pointless.

It's not a conventional watercooling system that you have to get wet and set up yourself, it's a factory-sealed closed loop unit. I have it too, but it's the Corsair H70.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (E6750 @ 2.67GHz)
GPU: Asus GeForce 8800GT 512mb
RAM: 6gb Corsair
HDD: Primary 256Gb Samsung S-ATA, Secondary 512Gb Hitatch S-ATA.
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 3500 dpi
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Monitor: BenQ Senseye 3 (24" 16:9 widescreen)

And a laptop
Asus UL30v

Rest I can't remember right now and don't care to look up.

Here's more shots of my awesome rigs for you jealous stupid shit faggots still living in the XP era to drool over.

FAGGOTS

Brother... this is mankind's greatest creation

Fuckin' Alienware up in this alley

Man fuckin computers are miracles. How the fuck do they work?

Doom Marine said:

It's not a conventional watercooling system that you have to get wet and set up yourself, it's a factory-sealed closed loop unit. I have it too, but it's the Corsair H70.

You mean mine?

I built my watercooling setup from various parts and such that I ordered from Performance-PCs. I think bounce has the closed loop cooling setup.

I don't even use water. I use a non-conductive alternative. If you want, I can list all the parts that I ordered and built it from.

Watercooling is great if you are aiming for a silent build, or want to overclock/overvolt like mad. AMD's Phenom II and Intel's new i-Series cpus are notoriously "hot" compared to previous generation cpus. On stock air, I originally had an idle temp of 59'C. With my watercooling setup, I run a mere 33'C idle, and have it overclocked 800mhz from stock speed (also 50 milivolts more power). HUGE difference.

Also, Craigs needs more Ricer. He needs more blue LEDs. They make it go faster.

Okay, I'll throw my rig into the ring...

AMD Phenom II X3 720BE @ 3.2GHz (AC Freezer 64 cooler)
4GB 1333MHz DDR3
PNY Geforce GTX 275 896MB
WD 500GB HD
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers
Sony 32" 1080p HDTV

No pics because I don't have a camera; the case is messy, anyway.

BTW, Bouncy, love the system, but DUAL 295s? Geez, man. Ever hear of the law of diminishing returns? :-)

My desktop is almost 3 years old now.. I upgraded the cpu from a dual to a quad core. That's about it.

AMD Quad Core 9950 (Black Edition?? Don't over clock it anyway. That's so 2000)
2x Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS (768 MB.. I think)
4GB Corsair DDR2
640 GB Hard Drive

Vista Ultimate x64

Can't remember the mobo off the top of my head. It was one of the last Asus ones to do Nvidia/AMD and has SLI obviously.

Haven't needed a reason to upgrade my desktop. I also haven't noticed any new releases that I've wanted to play; with the exception with Left 4 Dead 2 and this thing craps all over it (more than 100fps) without breaking a sweat anyway.

I also have an HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows 7, AMD Dual Core, AMD mobile graphics, that came with a blu-ray player and plays Left 4 Dead on low settings. 17" widescreen and lasts almost 3 hours on planes when programming. Perfect for 700 bucks.

Chronohunter45 said:

Also, Craigs needs more Ricer. He needs more blue LEDs. They make it go faster.

That's stupid. You're stupid. Everyone knows that if you want something to go faster you gotta put a massive spoiler on it. The bigger the spoiler, the faster it goes.

Craigs said:

That's stupid. You're stupid. Everyone knows that if you want something to go faster you gotta put a massive spoiler on it. The bigger the spoiler, the faster it goes.

No, you're stupid.

Everyone knows that blue LEDS make your PC run cooler, green LEDs make your PC more environmentally friendly at the expense of performance, and Red LEDs make your PC faster at the expense of heat.

I would know. I work at radioshack!

Guys, calm down, everyone knows that my computer is better than everyone else's computer, combined. Did you have a 4.0 GHz overclock? No? Then it's worthless, throw it away.

I have a 4 year old Toshiba. It has duel cores (around 1.5 mgz) and a built in graphics card :(.

My desktop is 9 years old so the only good things about it is the power supply, sound card, and the case.

plan to build a computer sometime next year.

will post full specs of the labtop and pic of desktop when I get home.

Phenom II Black X2 550 running at X4 3.1ghz
4gb DDR2
4670 1gb
750gb caviar green
Rockin micro ATX setup with this case with a fuckin' carry handle
Tons of monitors and other computers and a rockin' stareo system

I'd show you pictures of the inside of the case but it's really nothing remotely exciting. No cool cables, nothing bound together, no lights. Just an extremely drab black box with a handle on top.

http://cb-sc.com/doomstuff/ego/IMG_20100916_080425.jpg

Here is a blurry phone picture of my setup.