Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

Quake Night: Your pit stop for sleepless nights! (Game Night Dec. 22nd!)

Okay, disregard that then. Download Open Coop instead. I've played Open Coop a little, but it's been too long for me to remember the difference in gameplay.

More of the kind of mandatory family birthday parties.
Hey, you guys can save Doom 3 for another night.

Flesh420 said:

Lmao nice bucket!

Yes, he does have a nice bucket.

I hope I can get this DarkPlaces issue fixed for this coming weekend.

Game night is tomorrow at 7:45PM EST. Full game details are up on the website. If enough players show up(Minimum of four), Team Fortress will be played. If less show up, then the Quake mission pack Dissolution of Eternity will be played. Pile onto #quakenight @ irc.oftc.net tomorrow evening to wait for players.

UPDATE: As per the request of Bucket, if you wish to play Doom 3 cooperative using the Open Coop mod, then show up on IRC about an hour before the game starts.

DuckReconMajor said:

where do i get that?

For Team Fortress, click the servers page on the website. Or if you're lazy then just click this link: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26816642/fortress.zip

edit:

Bucket said:

Didn't we play that pack last week?
*COUGH*doom3coop*COUGH*

You and me were the only ones who played it, and nobody showed up for Doom 3 coop last week. If people actually come, I'll have no problem with it.

Okay this is weird. I can run DarkPlaces just fine, but when I try to load Team Fortress I get "Video modes failed" error.

Never mind, got it. Had to add lines to the config

Technician said:

I'll see if I can't get DarkPlaces worked out. Maybe the QUake community will know.

quakeone.com should know, as that is the best active Quake site that I know of.

What changed since the last time we were playing Dark Places? Seemed fine then. I should be around tomorrow for a game though I still can't get that mission pack to extract properly. It's not in 'parts' like any normal .rar file that extracts together to form a whole, just huge 256 mb pieces all with the same name that all ask to overwrite each other.

Use3D said:

just huge 256 mb pieces all with the same name that all ask to overwrite each other.

You sure you got the right MP? This isn't the ground zero pack. Dissolution of Eternity is only 37MB without music. Even with music I think it's less than 256MB.

No it's later this evening.

I sent a like to LordHavok. I hope he responds to me tomorrow. I can still play Quake 1 with Mac DarkPlaces. I just prefer to not use the Mac port because it's not nearly as optimized as the Windows port.

I'll skip the Doom 3 portion. I can't wait for the Quake portion. Haven't played TF in a long time.

DuckReconMajor said:

What TF maps would we play on?

Here a beginning list of maps I've gotten to play:

2fort5p
border1r (This map will ensure fun)
engbat2
egypt2
dune1
shoop
north1
warship1
well6

UPDATE: Due to conflicts within the TF zip provided, we are going to have to re-download a different version of TF that is run with Fuhquake. It is ~100MB compressed, but it uses FuhQuake, a much better port for multiplayer. Get it here:

See below

EDIT: Sorry for the last minute mix up. We'll be using Dark Places with this version of tf.