Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

SyFy Channel Movies

Alright, so most of them suck, but has anyone seen a notabley good or ok SyFy CHannel Original movie?

While I find most pitiful and stupid attempts at a Movie (Asylum seems to be the primary cause in most cases), I actually found one movie to be particualry interesting was Rise of the Gargoyles. HOwever it did have a World War 2 theme, which is something I'm naturally drawn into.

The fight scenes between Americans and Nazi's though were very Rambo-ish.

Ugh. Maybe that's because it's the fake sci-fi channel. A huge percentage of the things they make and show are not sci-fi, but fantasy. Yes, there's a goddamn difference!

I have never come across one of those movies I liked so far. Well, the Dune miniseries wasn't bad. Its sequel was almost as tedious as the book sequels.

We have a similar Channel here called Space. It shows all the Sci-Fi Channel stuff and whatever else it wants. It's the number one place to watch stupid old sci-fi movies. They don't make their own stuff, though, except for a sort of news segment about sci-fi and fantasy stuff. They are also the channel to watch these movies uncensored.

Technician said:

I still can't get past "SyFy". What were they thinking?

SyFy sounds really hip and cool and it's more likely to appeal to cool kids.

Also the movies on SyFy are almost universally terrible. The last one I watched was Bone Eater (Moar liek boner eater). I'm not exaggerating when I say that watching paint dry would have been more fun.

Best Scifi (SyFy does not exist to me) original movies/miniseries would have to be: Alice, George & the Dragon, Taken (the one about aliens visiting earth), EarthSea, and Tin Man. All the others are just shit.

Craigs said:

SyFy sounds really hip and cool and it's more likely to appeal to cool kids.

Also the movies on SyFy are almost universally terrible. The last one I watched was Bone Eater (Moar liek boner eater). I'm not exaggerating when I say that watching paint dry would have been more fun.

Hahahah, atleast that movie looks more fun than the DooM movie. Not sayin much though.

You haven't lived until you have bore witness to the terror that is Raptor Island.

Bucket said:

I still say they're only making these movies so MST3k can make a comeback.

If only this were true.

Long ago, when I used to watch Sci-fi, there were a couple good movies they made, namely Evolver and Habitat. Especially Habitat.

Bucket said:

I still say they're only making these movies so MST3k can make a comeback.

It already has.

They make these movies because they can turn a profit on them. I read some article where they outlined their strategy of cranking out ultra-low budget schlock because the viewership for them was high enough to make it profitable. They are intentionally terrible because they refuse to spend more than the absolute bare minimum on them (I'm not counting some of the special mini-series; obviously those cost more although the results may not be any better).

I think they're unwatchable. Cheap-ass CG is so sterile and boring compared to a guy in a hokey monster suit.

Technician said:

I still can't get past "SyFy". What were they thinking?

I can't get past the fact that wrestling shows are played on this channel.

DoomHero85 said:

Yeah, all the original movies on Syfy suck. I think they reached a new low with "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus" though. Here's a link to a movie that is probably terrible, but the trailer is fucking awesome and funny(not a Syfy movie):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-gGes6qig

I'll give Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus credit for one thing though.

This is so ridiculously bad and stupid that it is fucking awesome

StupidBunny said:

The best Sci-Fi channel film I ever saw was SS Doomtrooper, just for the pure hilarious shit factor.

The name itself sounds awful.

Scet said:

You haven't lived until you have bore witness to the terror that is Raptor Island.

That movie was funnier than 90% of the "comedies" at the theaters these days.

footman said:

I can't get past the fact that wrestling shows are played on this channel.

I could understand why any of WWE's shows may be on this channel.