Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

Upcoming games you're most excited about?

Well I was looking forward to Gran Turismo 5, but that's out now, so the only game I can think of off the top of my head is Doom 4.

Mr. Freeze said:

I'm just worried about the multiplayer. Why must every fucking game have multiplayer?

Because according to most developers these days, the single player only play x hours then forget model is dead. Multiplayer, whether wanted or not, is way to prevent renting a game overnight, finishing it, taking it back, or buying a game and trading it in/abusing the 7 day return policy some stores have etc. Some like Bioware instead opt for a long DLC plan to keep people interested instead of multiplayer

Stop tempting me to write really long posts about why I hate the video game industry.

Xaser said:

Other than that, maybe Dead Space 2. I was pleasantly surprised with the first one.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I would chime in and say Doom 4, but life is too short to get excited about video games not due out for another ten years in all likelihood. Judging by how long the production of Rage is taking, at any rate.

Mass Effect 3 is probably the only other game I have any real anticipation for.

These will probably be games I will get for sure, the rest of them I still have to decide on.

Doom 4
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Mass Effect 3

Doom 4 (For now)
Killzone 3
Aliens: Colonial Marines

EDIT: Bulletstorm just fell off my radar.

Doom 4
Rage
Duke Nukem Forever
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
Kingdom Hearts 3DS(crossing my fingers hoping that it will be a direct sequel to KH2)
Super Mario All-Stars - 25th Anniversary Edition(my wonderful soon-to-be wife is getting me that this Christmas)

Technician said:

Doom 4 and DNF are the only two games I will buy in the near future.

"But now we can all breathe a sigh of relief, those of us who kept the excitement at bay for so long. The Duke Nukem Forever development team that continued creating the game, even after being laid off, without being paid, for the pure love of the game, deserve an epic amount of applause and attention. These guys are the heroes. And I’m still excited to play DNF." http://planetromero.com/

40oz said:

Stop tempting me to write really long posts about why I hate the video game industry.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1784975,00.asp

Mass Effect 3 is probably the only game I'm really looking forward to. Perhaps also the SC2 expansion pack, but they really have to do a lot better in the single player campaign this time. So far Doom 4 is only a name. Rage doesn't look very interesting. It looks consoled. Crysis2 looks even more consoled. DNF sounds consoled. If HL2 Ep3 is anything like any other game in the HL2 series, it can fuck off for all I care.

Dues Ex 3: The Human revolution. I know it's naive to expect much, but I just love me a good cyberpunk setting, and there is a chance it'll be able to stand on it's own if it's linage is ignored.

Hellbent said:

Tangentially to that guy's point -- there aren't that many titles mentioned in this thread that don't end in a numeral. Bulletstorm, Rage, maybe one or two others. Against those: DNF (aka DN4, or DN3D2), TES5, Doom 4, Far Cry 3, Bioshock 3, Killzone 3, Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex 3, Half-Life 2 Episode 3 (FFS! What's next, Half-Life 2 Episode 3 Expansion Set 4 Appendix 5 DLC 12 Service Pack 2?) Dead Space 2, Guild Wars 2, etc.

Lorenzo said:

Far Cry 3

I can't read the names Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3 with a straight face. They literally have nothing to do with the original Far Cry. Also Far Cry 2 was pretty shitty. Pretty much every single mission was the exact same thing. Faction leader A gives you an objective, then a team mate calls you a couple minutes later offering a bonus objective you can do to earn favor points with them.

Spoiler

Which is pointless because all of your teammates die/betray you in the end.

Craigs said:

I can't read the names Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3 with a straight face. They literally have nothing to do with the original Far Cry. Also Far Cry 2 was pretty shitty. Pretty much every single mission was the exact same thing. Faction leader A gives you an objective, then a team mate calls you a couple minutes later offering a bonus objective you can do to earn favor points with them.

As much as I don't like FC2, that's a pretty dumb reason to hate the game. That's like saying: "Pretty much every level in Doom is the same thing. You need to get keycard X and shoot some monsters while switch-hunting"

The REAL reason why FC2 sucked was because of the bullshit enemy health, terrible story, dumbass malaria system, consolized savepoints, and omniscient AI. I remember hiding in a brush 100 feet away from a enemy with his back turned, and he magically spots me and starts shooting. Bullsheeeit. Fuck Ubisoft.

Mr. Freeze said:

As much as I don't like FC2, that's a pretty dumb reason to hate the game. That's like saying: "Pretty much every level in Doom is the same thing. You need to get keycard X and shoot some monsters while switch-hunting"

The REAL reason why FC2 sucked was because of the bullshit enemy health, terrible story, dumbass malaria system, consolized savepoints, and omniscient AI. I remember hiding in a brush 100 feet away from a enemy with his back turned, and he magically spots me and starts shooting. Bullsheeeit. Fuck Ubisoft.

Consolized save points? What are you on about? FC1 is the game with the checkpoint system. FC2 has the save-in-safehouse thing, but also has manual saving and quicksaving, things the original game lacked.

Xeros612 said:

Consolized save points? What are you on about? FC1 is the game with the checkpoint system. FC2 has the save-in-safehouse thing, but also has manual saving and quicksaving, things the original game lacked.

I played it on 360, and I only remember the savepoints. Then again, that was in 2008.

Xeros612 said:

IIRC the 360 version of FC2 only allows you to save at safe houses for some reason.

Kind of. The thing is that Doom actually introduced new things throughout the game to keep these basic formulas fresh. Far Cry 2 on the other hand boiled it down to the most basic recipe. You'd get an assignment, get an optional assignment from a teammate, complete optional assignment, teammate gets ambushed, save teammate, complete main objective, repeat. There were never any twists to this formula. It was always the same thing and half the time I was doing these main objectives was spent whether this was the actual game or just some half assed side mission the developers had come up with and decided to repeat several times. Then again, that's basically the entire game in the nut shell. Take the missions required to unlock new weapons for example. Every single one of them requires you to ambush a truck that does nothing but go in a circle over and over again.

Whatever I can find at my local famiclone retailer. I got a famiclone with SMB 3 last year, I hope I can find one with Kirby's Dreamland this year ;-)

Aww, they've fixed the title so my smartass comment on the first page doesn't make sense anymore...

I am desperately awaiting Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Even though I don't own a new-gen console one of my friends does have a PS3 and I spend so much time over there anyways that I wouldn't mind buying to play (hell I could probably split the cost with him)

Doom 4 (whenever that may be)
F.E.A.R. 3 - I've always been a fan of this franchise so I wanna see what they have in the 3rd installment

I am also very excited about all these knockoff handheld consoles that LIDL brings in, now and then ;-)

One of them looks like it's running Java games (can't be hacked with though) while another is a portable famiclone in disguise, although with a crappy selection of games.